1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

4 night Bahamian Cruise - port ?'s

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by KEMdisney, Jan 29, 2013.

1. KEMdisney

KEMdisney DIS Veteran

Going on the Dream in June for the 4night... it will be our first cruise. We are a group of 4 adults.

Do you think we will have regrets if we don't do any excursions?

We do plan to get off the ship for a bit in Nassau, just to explore a bit -- but none of the planned excursions really jump out to us, plus the extra $$ is another reason holding us back.
    Would we enjoy getting off the ship in the morning, stroll around, and then head back to the ship around lunch time? Is there a beach in walking distance?

As far an snorkeling goes, do you suggest snorkeling in Nassau or Castaway Cay??

If you rent a float at CC, are you allowed to float with a tropical drink?? I'd love to spend the day just relaxing on the water!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. STLEdge

STLEdge Mouseketeer

No. Given that the cruise is only 4 days and it's your first, there is no reason not to take advantage of a quiet(ish) day on board the boat while it's docked in Nassau or just walking around near the port to get some local flavor before heading back around lunch time.

FWIW, on our 3-day Dream cruise, we didn't get off the boat in Nassau and don't regret that at all; on our 7-day Fantasy cruise, we got off the boat on Grand Cayman with no excursion and just wandering around for a bit, which we also had no regrets about.

4. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

You don't need to pay for excursions to have a great day.

5. bats

bats Enjoying Bahama Mama's

We don't get off the ship on a 4 night .. well, we wander off at CC for an hour, but then get back onboard!!

The ship really is too beautiful :confused3

6. MND

MND DIS Veteran

7. DJ Disney Kid

DJ Disney Kid Walt Disney World Vet

Nassau is "seedy" in my opinion. The fact that they tell you the night before docking their to watch your stuff and be careful is enough to let me know its not where I want to go on my Disney Cruise. Nassau day is a good day to stay on the ship and just explore it and relax. Castaway Cay on the other hand is awesome! We didn't do any of the excursions on our first cruise in May 2011, but we did snorkel at Castaway Cay and loved it! We didnt have to book it in advance either, they had more than enough masks and snorkels and floats. Oh and the cool thing about snorkeling at CC is that Disney has stuff in the water for you to see, like sunken ships and statues. Its pretty awesome!