• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4 Night Bahamas Disney Dream Cruise May 30, 2016

We are in too! We did the same cruise this July to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary. We rebooked while onboard. Last week, my parents and sister and her family have also decided to join us! Now, if we could just make this school year fly by!

Just booked our family for our first Family Cruise. Husband and I sailed to the Bahamas a few years ago and we wanted to take the kids so here we are. Hope they have an opportunity to meet some new friends around the globe. Kids are 12 & 7. Has anyone come across a forum that organizes groups of families to utilize the "fish extenders"? Hope to see you all on the cruise.

:tinker:We are also sailing on this cruise. My Daughter and I did the DVC cruise last year and booked this one so 3 generations of girls can go. We have not been assigned a room but have a guarantee balcony room. Hope that works out. So it is me, Susan, my daughter Melanie and her daughters Kaitlyn and Madison. We have signed up for the FE also.

Hello! This is my first time on the DIS board. We have sailed with Disney once last March and have been to WDW multiple times. We will be sailing May 30, 2016 on the Disney Dream. We want to participate in the Fish Extender, how do I do that!?

Unfortunately, posts have once again been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Hello! This is my first time on the DIS board. We have sailed with Disney once last March and have been to WDW multiple times. We will be sailing May 30, 2016 on the Disney Dream. We want to participate in the Fish Extender, how do I do that!?

There's really no "rules" as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private) to confirm everyone on it is still participating. And making a statement about "anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped".

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others.

The other "biggie" is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how find that other site here on DISboards.

Unfortunately, posts have once again been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

There's really no "rules" as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private) to confirm everyone on it is still participating. And making a statement about "anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped".

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others.

The other "biggie" is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how find that other site here on DISboards.

Okay! Thank you for the information! Do you know who the organizer is or the link for sign up for the Fish Extender for this cruise? About the social media, its okay that I put my instagram link in my profile information right?

Okay! Thank you for the information! Do you know who the organizer is or the link for sign up for the Fish Extender for this cruise? About the social media, its okay that I put my instagram link in my profile information right?

It doesn't look like anyone has started one here for this group yet, but anyone can start the list - someone just needs to volunteer! :)

Links to pictures are fine, its just when there is the attempt to lure people from this board to another with the intent of them sharing personal info (as with FEs) that we do something. I'm not about to tell anyone they shouldn't use those sites but it is clearly spelled out in the stickies at the top of this board that we won't abide with solicitation of them to our community in this way.

:tinker:We are also sailing on this cruise. My Daughter and I did the DVC cruise last year and booked this one so 3 generations of girls can go. We have not been assigned a room but have a guarantee balcony room. Hope that works out. So it is me, Susan, my daughter Melanie and her daughters Kaitlyn and Madison. We have signed up for the FE also.
You stated you signed up for the fish extender? Which DIS member is the organizer? I'm having trouble following because of some deletions.

This is my families first Disney cruise. It will be my husband and I, my son, daughter and her husband and two grandchildren (age 5 and 15 month old). We are so excited. My daughter and I are also interested in the FE. Will keep looking to see if I can find a forum for this trip.

Woo Hoo! Found a FE on another social media website! It's like a scavenger hunt for this stuff!

Last edited:
First of all ShannonAbby thanks a bunch for doing this. I was not sure how to go about doing any of this stuff. Second here is my information and then my daughters (and her family).
Dis name: PBurkhead (Pam)
Stateroom: 8***, 3 people
Glenn (57), Pam (55), Jonathan (30)
No allergies, no celebrations
No children in this room so no worries. I; however, am a BIG Disney fan and very excited about this cruise.

Now for my daughter
Dis name: Gussie
Stateroom: 8***, 4 people
William (33), Gussie (32), Jaxon (5) and Braxton (15 months)
Jaxon allergic to blue dye coloring
Jaxon loves all of the characters and Braxton hasn't settled on any particular character. Jaxon is looking forward to watching a movie and sitting in the pool.

First of all ShannonAbby thanks a bunch for doing this. I was not sure how to go about doing any of this stuff. Second here is my information and then my daughters (and her family).
Dis name: PBurkhead (Pam)
Stateroom: 8***, 3 people
Glenn (57), Pam (55), Jonathan (30)
No allergies, no celebrations
No children in this room so no worries. I; however, am a BIG Disney fan and very excited about this cruise.

Now for my daughter
Dis name: Gussie
Stateroom: 8***, 4 people
William (33), Gussie (32), Jaxon (5) and Braxton (15 months)
Jaxon allergic to blue dye coloring
Jaxon loves all of the characters and Braxton hasn't settled on any particular character. Jaxon is looking forward to watching a movie and sitting in the pool.

Pam,

No problem, I do need you to have 10 posts so I can conversation you as I do need the full stateroom number! Do you have an instagram?

My family & I are all SUPER excited! Most of us, my daughter & myself included, have never been on a cruise. My Mom is coming and both of my sisters will be bringing their husbands & children. There are 13 of us in all in 4 rooms. Out of all of us, I, the oldest of the 3 sisters at 36, am the MOST excited about the Fish Extenders! I'm way more excited than any of the kids!!! My daughter & I will hopefully be building our own custom creation. :ccat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter