4+ in a value room

smiths02

DIS Veteran
Am I crazy for even considering it? :confused3

I have planned to take my twins to Disney before they turn 3 (just like we did for our older son). With that trip, we stayed 4 adults (MIL, FIL, DH, me) and my turning 3 year old in one room at AKL.

This time around, I think we could stay in a value room for 6 nights and still save a few hundred over staying in a moderate for 5 nights.

This trip would be me, DH, DS-9, DS-2, and DD-2.

Anyone else stay in a value with 2 adults and 3 kids (9, 2, 2)?

I have planned to take my twins to Disney before they turn 3 (just like we did for our older son). With that trip, we stayed 4 adults (MIL, FIL, DH, me) and my turning 3 year old in one room at AKL.

I think we could stay in a value room for 6 nights and still save a few hundred over staying in a moderate for 5 nights.

No, but I have done 3 adults and 2 kids which is probably a smidge worse.

Honestly, we'd do it again. It wasn't that big of a deal considering we're never in there but to sleep and shower. I don't use any of the resort amenities so I'd rather save the money and being a little cramped for an hour or 2 in the morning for a few days.

I don't believe that is allowed. The room max for values that are not suites are 4 and 1 under 3. Since you have 2 under 3 years old, I think you would need a second room.

I don't believe that is allowed. The room max for values that are not suites are 4 and 1 under 3. Since you have 2 under 3 years old, I think you would need a second room.

I would have 4-me, DH, DS-9, DS-2 plus one under 3 (DD-2 she is an hour younger) :thumbsup2

With kids that young, I think it's doable. Two 2 year olds don't take up a lot of room, and really neither does a 9 yr old. How were you planning on splitting up the sleeping arrangements?

We sure did! It was just fine! It was Me, DH, DS 6, DS 4 and DS 2. The two year old happily slept in a pack n play and my other 2 boys shared a bed! Saved us a ton of money! :cool1:

This time around, I think we could stay in a value room for 6 nights and still save a few hundred over staying in a moderate for 5 nights.

This trip would be me, DH, DS-9, DS-2, and DD-2.

We actually did four adults (me, husband, son, daughter-in-law) and our young (under three) granddaughter at All Stars. It worked fine for us because the adults all got along very well and while it was slightly frustrating at times not to discipline our granddaughter ourselves but to rather point out the annoying things to her parents to deal with. We all made sure we were open and honest with each other as well.

you can do it -

that say with 2 - 2year olds - not sure you want to put them both in the pack n play - there was a time when only one of these were allowed in the room.

do they get along okay - or do they fight?

if they fight might bring along an air mattress (plus the sheets) for your 9 year old and put the 2 year olds in the other bed with those things to kept them from falling out.

now if they get along then go with the pack n play

Our trip would not be for some time, but I was thinking DH and I in one bed (we shared a double bed for 3 years before we bought our first house). Then the twins in a bed with bed rails and DS-9 on an air mattress? We are all pretty small people (5'4'' and under)

Our trip would not be for some time, but I was thinking DH and I in one bed (we shared a double bed for 3 years before we bought our first house). Then the twins in a bed with bed rails and DS-9 on an air mattress? We are all pretty small people (5'4'' and under)

that definitely works for me!

We have done this when we drive down. 2 adults 3 kids ages 7, 5, 3. Youngest just slept between beds on floor happy as a clam. This trip we are flying so I could've book magic express for all us if we only had 4 instead 5 on reservation. Enjoy!!

We've done it. We stayed at ASMo with 5 people. It was me, dh, twin age 3, and ds 1. We had space, but we never spend a lot of time in the room.

It's doable.

We did 4 in a value room when my kids were little and we survived. Barely. My husband and son took one bed, my DD and I had the other.
We were ready to strangle each other by the time we went home.

I no longer have to so I will never do it again. To me those rooms are crowded with only 2 people in them.

But everyone is used to different accommodations so if you think it will work, go for it.

I would have 4-me, DH, DS-9, DS-2 plus one under 3 (DD-2 she is an hour younger) :thumbsup2

Lol, sorry! My math isn't the best sometimes! I don't see why you couldn't. I don't know how big your oldest son is, but we got air mattresses for the kids (they went through a phase of "wanting their OWN bed, no sharing") that were inbetween a crib size and twin. Didn't take up as much room and the kids loved it. They had them at walmart, kmart, target, etc. and had Disney characters (princess and cars I think). They were around $25-30.

We have done this when we drive down. 2 adults 3 kids ages 7, 5, 3. Youngest just slept between beds on floor happy as a clam. This trip we are flying so I could've book magic express for all us if we only had 4 instead 5 on reservation. Enjoy!!

You can book magical express for everyone on your reservation unless you are trying to sneak a child in to be able to stay in a value room illegally.
That would be over the limit and therefore someone could face eviction from the hotel with no refund if caught. The housekeepers will report you if they catch 5 (with one 3 and over) in a room as it is against the fire codes.

OP, with the ages of your kids you would be fine in a value although a bit on the tight side but it would be the last time you could save some money before they turn 3 so I would go for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter