4 generation trip

briannesmom

<font color=coral>Definitely not the kind of shot
The countdown is getting smaller we arrive in less than 2 weeks. I am looking for restaurant recommendations for a dinner that we can all enjoy. Our group of 9 ranges in age from 4 months old to 88 years old (7 adults 2 infants). I appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Amyprincess:

how about whispering canyon cafe at wilderness lodge? or chef mickey at the contemporary. do you want a restaurant in the parks? at animal kingdom lodge, we have enjoyed many dinners at jiko, but not sure how much the little ones would enjoy that. maybe looking at the animals afterwards......:tongue:

We did a similar trip with my family and I have to say that it is my favorite trip to Disney out of all of our vacations there. The memories are priceless. We had a great time at The Crystal Palace. The food is good and the great-grandparents had so much fun watching the young children enjoy themselves.

One more suggestion if I may...make sure that you take PLENTY of photos. I treasure our pictures from that trip and wish that I had taken even more. Have a wonderful time! :D

:wave: Hi Amy:)
I look forward to reading your trip report. Next summer we are having a family get together at WDW. Eight of us, ages ranging from 14 yrs to 84 years young. Some of the places we plan on eating at are Whispering Canyon Cafe, Ohana's, Olivia's ( Since we plan on staying at OKW), Liberty Tavern and Rainforest Cafe.
My sister and I were there last summer and checked out a lot of the restaurants. With just the 2 of us we were not hard to please, but I know with a bigger party it can be more challenging. We are thinking that having one meal a day together will be enough. So we are going to alternate breakfast and dinner.
How long are you going for? My mother, 84 was last to WDW in 1985. We wanted her to go with us since the rest of the family will be there too. There have been so many changes since then. Have other members of your group been there before? I would like to hear how the 88 year old likes WDW and the things the person enjoyed while there.(Mainly for my mother's benefit).
If you like you can PM me when you get back or I will just wait and read your trip report.
Have a wonderful time!
:wave2: Enid

If you are all going with a large group have you checked out the special events under the new Magical Gatherings? I am going in March for my annual girls only trip and there are 8 of us going. If you go to the official web site for Disney it gives you all the info you need. We have all ready decided on some of the events. There is a great planning tool you can download too. We are at the BWI concierge, so our planner will make our arrangements, but it gives you suggestion for places to eat with a large group where you will all be seated together.

My family has enjoyed 'Ohana, Crystal Palace, Spoodles, and Restaurant Akershus together. Chef Mickey's is kind of loud and noisy. A character dinner is a good idea; they're usually fun and the little ones get a kick out of it.

Hi Enid:sunny:

The whole group will be together for 5 days. My Grandparent-inlaws (76&88) are Fla residents and have been to the parks before. They went to MGM with us 2 years ago on Christmas but it has been a few years longer than that for the other parks. I am not sure which of the parks they will be going to with us this time but I will be sure to PM you when I get back and let you know how they liked it.

Amyprincess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter