4-day Wonder - May 12th

WDWLVR

<font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f
My DH (MarkRG) did daily reports on our Wonder Cruise, but I thought I would add my own thoughts and cover a few things he didn't. Hope you enjoy!

Pre-Cruise - we came down a day early and it was a great choice. We stayed at the Radisson and went to Grills Saturday night to wave goodbye to all those lucky people on the Magic. It was fun to see the ship from this perspective and even more fun to know that the very next day it would be us waving goodbye from the Wonder!

Day 1 - Check-in. We took the first shuttle from the Radisson and checked in very quickly at the port. Being so early there weren't a lot of people around. A line hadn't even started yet so we went to sit down. Our first surprise was meeting Shari (Taswira) from the DIS. We had planned to meet at the 3pm DIS meet but got to spend lots of time with her early waiting to board. She even joined us for lunch up on deck 9. At the 3pm meet we got to meet Brad and Jenn who were on the first of their back-to-back cruises. Great people! Only wish we could have met more DIS'ers.

The Room - we got a Navigator's veranda this time. Now I am really a veranda person and can't see cruising without one as I love to spend time out there especially in the morning. I love this veranda! It has a realy cozy feel to it, a great padded bench, and you can still see plenty. Loved it so much we booked one for our next cruise too!

Day 2 - Nassau. We skipped Atlantis on our first cruise and regretted it when we got home and saw some shows on it. This trip it was our main goal and we did it ourselves by just taking a cab over. What a beautiful place! The Dig was fantasic and walking around the grounds was really nice. I can definately see spending the day here (maybe next time). We got there early so left about 1 pm and still made it back to the ship in time to do the American buffet at Beach Blanket Buffet.

Day 3- Castaway Cay. Our first cruise we missed Castaway Cay due to hurricane damage. Our second cruise we spent all the time at the adult beach. This time we wanted to experience more. The plan was to stay on the family beach, eat at Cookies and then I was doing parasailing later in the day. We got off the ship early and walked way down to the end of the family beach. It was beautiful. We pretty much had this part of the beach to ourselves (with the exception of one large family) for a good 2+ hours. Got to watch the wildlife (birds diving for fish) etc. and just relax. About 12:30 we did Cookies (no lines or anything) and after a little shopping went back to the ship about 1:00 or so. I did parasailing at 3 pm. Awesome! The only disappointment was that all day they seemed to do the parasailing paralell to the beach and the Wonder, but on this last trip of the day they took us far out and away from the ship. I was really hoping to get some great pictures of the island the ship but that was all behind me.

Day 4 - At sea. I love the days at Sea which is why we booked the 4-day with the sea day instead of freeport. Rexalation day. Had breakfast out on the veranda. Did some laundry and sat around a read a while. In the afternoon I did the booster at the spa (Alpha Capsule followed by a Hydrotherapy bath). AHHHHHH!

After the cruise - a quick pick up by Tiffany Town Car and we were off the WDW. We were using our DVC points for a two night stay at the Villas of Wilderness Lodge. Nice, but I prefer our Boardwalk home (where we'll be for a week in October better). Managed to do all 4 parks (briefly) in the 2 1/2 days. A great way to end the cruise.

Food - I'm a pretty picky eater and my DH will try just about anything. Neither of us was disappointed in the selections or offerings.

That's about it. A great 4-day cruise on the Wonder! As you can see from the countdown below we loved it so much we booked a 7-day for next year. Time to plan that one!

Thanks for taking the time to post your report, I enjoyed reading it and I'm glad you had a good cruise. You will love the Magic, we were on it in January '01 and the time went by so fast! We were not ready to leave! But, we're going again (Western) next January, counting down the days, can hardly wait until we're back on that beautiful ship!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter