4/3 question plus AP to PAP question

disneymom2one

All our dreams can come true, if we have the coura
Okay here's what I hope is a new question or at least another version.

Our situation is we are FL resident AP holders. We currently have the 4/3 deal booked with one days. Our balance is due next week and we are considering changing those one days to ten day passes. This is what we would like to do. Please help me understand if I'm seeing things correctly.

1) Buy the ten day tickets as part of the package. These would be priced at the seven day price of $359.97.

2) Use the passes for one day. Our AP's expire right as our trip begins anyway (spring break).

3) Bring the now used ten day passes to guest services and exchange them in, applying the (ten day price) credit of $465.41 to renewing our AP's. This would save us about $100 per ticket (there are three of us). We would like to actually renew and upgrade up to PAP's. A FL AP renewal is $345.06. A FL PAP renewal is $462.21. Lastly, a FL PAP new pass is $510.14.

I have one key question. Would we get the PAP renewal price or the PAP new price? We would be "renewing" AP's and not PAP's.

This seems too good to be true in any case. Thoughts? Much thanks ahead of time.

OK, I can help here a little. Buying a 10-day ticket and using it would give you current gate value. You would then get a credit for the full value of the ticket and not what you paid. You’ll want to add the no expiration option. See http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2056880 You’ll want to peruse the entire thread for explanation, but post #36 gives you the total costs and savings with the no expiration option.

I believe you’ll get the renewal rate for a PAP, if that is what you want. Really, a renewal is simply 12 months for the cost of 11 months. That's why if your next trip will be 30+ days after your AP/PAP expires, it doesn't make any sense (economically) to renew, but to just purchase a new pass. On that thread, AP/PAP are discussed a little in post #29.

Thanks. That helps a lot. I read through the referenced thread and finally get it.

I have one (hopefully) last question.

Does the fact that we're FL residents make a difference as far as the tickets we'll buy with the package? I mean the nine day tickets and not the PAP's we'll upgrade too.

In other words, I don't want to get to guest services and have them say "well you're FL residents so the value of your tickets is only ____ " rather than the gate value of a nine day (non-resident) park hopper.

I have to admit that we had a pretty bad experience last weekend with reservations. A supervisor was downright rude - the worst we've ever had. I'm just more than a little wary now of dealing with Disney.

In fact, if this deal wasn't as good as it is, we'd probably cancel our trip - and after 35+, that's saying a lot.

The value of your ticket is the value of your ticket. That doesn't change by address. The only thing you have to look at is what the value of your ticket is that you'll upgrade to; as a FL resident, you have more options. Upgrades are based on price and not ticket type. Some people have to buy a smaller ticket than the 9 or 10 day to make sure they don't exceed the value of the ticket they want. You don't have to upgrade only to any type of AP--that is just what makes the most sense with the 4/3 deal.

Thanks for your quick help. Our experience with Disney last weekend on the phone just has us a little cautious (maybe a lot).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter