3rd trip with mom (Ages 25 and 52), want to surprise her. Ideas?

egr2012

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

I've been reading these boards for a few months now, but this is my first post! I have a question for all of you. This is our third mother-daughter visit to WDW, and my mom is the best and has booked the entire trip herself. I am very grateful (and excited!) and would like to surprise her with something extra to thank her. Here are some details:

Ages: Me (25), mom (52)
Disney love: My mom is a complete WDW fanatic.
Number of visits: This is my 10th trip, and my mom's 9th to WDW (I got to go for a school trip!)
Resort: Coronado Springs
Length of stay: 5 nights

We're going to be in the WDW parks every day, except one day we're going to Universal/Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Does anyone have any ideas? My only thoughts are having something delivered to the room for when we arrive or getting Express Passes at Universal to make our one day there more enjoyable. I have no experience in this, and any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hello, have either of you seen cirque de soliel at downtown disney? Its an awesome show, how about tea at the grand floridian garden grill lounge, very very good trifle is to die for, we orderd cinderellas slipper cake for my mother when we were there for a mothers day tea, or perhaps a spa day? Im sure you will get lots of ideas from other dissers , hope this helps!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the Tea Room idea! Unfortunately, I tried calling, and they're all booked up for that week. Stinks, I got all excited because that is right up her alley. I'll keep trying every few days though.

How about making a reservation at the Wishes dessert party. Great desserts and a perfect view of the castle during Wishes :)

Thank you everyone for your help! I managed to snag a reservation at Garden View Tea Room on our first day. I told my mom, and she was so surprised and excited! Thanks again! :yay:

Congratulations on getting the reservation. Have a great Mother/Daughter trip and please let us know how the Garden View Tea Room was.

My mom and I are about the same age as you and yours, and as we go every year for her birthday without our DHs, I was wondering how to surprise her, as well! We had previously done pedicures (decided they kept us out of the parks too long), gone to fancy meals at other hotels (decided they kept us out of the parks too long), and finally, one year, made the wise decision to surprise her with a custom scavenger hunt in the parks! If you're interested in the same, Jane from Gifts of a Lifetime can arrange something that fits her personality to a T - you just need to book at least a month or two out. Her website is www.giftsofalifetime.com . We loved it so much we're finally taking my new SIL and her mom with us this year, and we've already booked the date for that!

Thanks again, everyone! I want to take a bunch of pictures this trip and try to do the review thing. We're staying at Coronado Springs and have reservations at Boma, Flying Fish, Les Chefs de France, and the Yak and Yeti.

The scavenger hunt sounds amazing-- I will definitely keep that in mind for our next trip! (Though, I think we're heading west for Disneyland on the next time around!)

This is cool! I planned & booked a whole trip for my mom (55) & I (27)!! We are going for 2 weeks. I didn't get into the Wishes dessert party. I called twice a week from May thru August only to miss out! So I went with the GVTR, too!! & we are spending a day @ IoA & one @ Seaworld! I got the deluxe dining plan & we're knocking out all the major restaurants.

Something she wants to do (& I never would have imagined) is shop. She wants to browse through all of them. Something I found from digging around on here is that some shops have hidden coolness. There is some shop with vines & if you ask about Tinkerbell, they'll open a special window or something. (I probably have that skewed, but I'm hoping the CM will help me out.) Also, she's excited about the search for Hidden Mickeys. She also wants to take the Balloon up in DTD, draw a character in HS, & feed the flamingos @ AKL.

ladyelenawf said:
This is cool! I planned & booked a whole trip for my mom (55) & I (27)!! We are going for 2 weeks. I didn't get into the Wishes dessert party. I called twice a week from May thru August only to miss out! So I went with the GVTR, too!! & we are spending a day @ IoA & one @ Seaworld! I got the deluxe dining plan & we're knocking out all the major restaurants.

Something she wants to do (& I never would have imagined) is shop. She wants to browse through all of them. Something I found from digging around on here is that some shops have hidden coolness. There is some shop with vines & if you ask about Tinkerbell, they'll open a special window or something. (I probably have that skewed, but I'm hoping the CM will help me out.) Also, she's excited about the search for Hidden Mickeys. She also wants to take the Balloon up in DTD, draw a character in HS, & feed the flamingos @ AKL.

I want to hear more about this tinker bell shop, drawing a character, and feeding the flamingos! I swear I learn something new every time I get on these boards!

I want to hear more about this tinker bell shop, drawing a character, and feeding the flamingos! I swear I learn something new every time I get on these boards!

I read about the Tinkerbell shop in someone else's TR. It's supposed to be located in MK. I don't remember much more than that. I'm sorry.:confused3

As for drawing a character? There is a class held every 20 min or so in HS. I discovered it on my last trip. The CM asked us what character we wanted to draw & everyone drew a blank, so to speak. :rotfl: We ended up doing Dale & you get to keep the drawing. I wish I'd known we could pick in advance. I would have chosen Stitch. It's located by some meet & greet.

Now for the flamingos! :cheer2: On a previous trip with my Mom in '06, we stayed @ AKL. They offered lots of experiences. Only the safari that starts with a "W" is exclusive to guests @ the AKL. Unless they've changed it, it started @ 0715. There might be a list somewhere on this site. Sweet Lady knows they have information on everything else. :scratchin The only reason we didn't partake was that we were commando stylin' our 1 week there. Now we'll be going for 2 weeks & she really wants to try it. I hope it's not seasonal....:upsidedown

What are some of her likes? Dislike? You can do a tour. Maybe the Magic Kingdom tour where they take you underground into the Utlidoors. Or the Wishes Dessert party. Prime viewing spot for Wishes and all you can eat desserts. Those are just two ideas

Also, when are you going?

Hello,
I am a universal nut!!! You MUST get the express pass to enjoy the most you can!!! Mom will be thrilled to not have to waite in line!!! The harry potter park is fantastic....Do it all!!! Do not miss the butter beer. I am planning on going on september 29th and 30th myself......you will get hooked!!! Enjoy!!! You are a great daughter.....
Hi everyone,

I've been reading these boards for a few months now, but this is my first post! I have a question for all of you. This is our third mother-daughter visit to WDW, and my mom is the best and has booked the entire trip herself. I am very grateful (and excited!) and would like to surprise her with something extra to thank her. Here are some details:

Ages: Me (25), mom (52)
Disney love: My mom is a complete WDW fanatic.
Number of visits: This is my 10th trip, and my mom's 9th to WDW (I got to go for a school trip!)
Resort: Coronado Springs
Length of stay: 5 nights

We're going to be in the WDW parks every day, except one day we're going to Universal/Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Does anyone have any ideas? My only thoughts are having something delivered to the room for when we arrive or getting Express Passes at Universal to make our one day there more enjoyable. I have no experience in this, and any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter