3rd Times a Charm! Mar. 8-14..lots of pics

WOW SPECTRO is so amazing and wonderful I wish I would of seen it I was eating at the time it was going on I only got to see the floats leave the place :sad2: but thanks for sharing I feel like I was right there watching it too. :lovestruc Claire is such a big girl :hug: YEY:cool1: Great updates pics are great I know I keep saying this but they are.:thumbsup2

I was super excited about eating in the castle at CRT. :dance3: As you all know this is a really hard place to get into, and it books up fast, MONTHS ahead of time. We didn’t book our trip till Jan 26th. I had called that day and there was no opening. :sad2:
This day was also not scheduled to be an Extra Magical Hour day. Originally it was scheduled for HS. But with the princess half marathon going on, they switched it up and had the party for the competitors and their families at HS and made MK have the EMH’s…which I was very happy about. :thumbsup2

On a whim, on Feb 21 I called to see since the hours were extended ,if they would have any openings….and they DID! :banana: 9:35 PM was the only time, but since I knew we would be at the park late, it was a perfect time for us. Since I had already made all our ADR’s for the dining plan, we paid out of pocket for this one.

Something about eating in the castle was just so exciting for me. I have heard mixed reviews about it, but I wanted to at least have the experience once in my life, and for Claire to as well. pixiedust:

So….we walked over to the Castle after Splash Mountain. :rainbow:

bluegreencastle.jpg

bluecastle.jpg

We went to the check in desk and had no problems getting checked in, but the people in front of seemed to be having problems…not sure what that was about? :confused3

We then walked INTO the castle. How exciting! :tinker:

I made Claire stand next to this knight. LOL! :flower1:

claireandtheknight.jpg

We then got in line to “meet” Cinderella in her Royal Castle. While waiting I started randomly shooting pictures of the area.

fireplace.jpg

sheilds.jpg

skipwaitingatCRT.jpg

How exciting :dance3: being inside a castle. What a wonderful experience this must of been. The castle is just so beautiful :cloud9: Can't wait to hear more about this party: party of yours. :dance3:

Hey there "Home Girl"!

I am originally from Toledo, currently live in DC. So nice to see a local do a trip report! My folks still live there as well as the rest of my extended family. In fact they are driving from Toledo to Orlando in mid-May for our vacation at Disney!

Anyway, just wanted to say, nice report and keep it up!

Hey there "Home Girl"!

I am originally from Toledo, currently live in DC. So nice to see a local do a trip report! My folks still live there as well as the rest of my extended family. In fact they are driving from Toledo to Orlando in mid-May for our vacation at Disney!

Anyway, just wanted to say, nice report and keep it up!

Always nice to hear from the locals. LOL! We actually live north of Swanton (west of Toledo) I grew up North of Delta, but went to Notre Dame Acadmey for high school. I grew up on a farm and DH is a dairy farmer. I tlee him all the time he's lucky I'm his wife and understanding of the farmer ways, because most women would've kicked him to the curb. LOL! :laughing:

We finally make it up to Cinderella. The line wasn’t too long though.
Cinderella took Claire’s hand and walked her to the chair.

meetingcinderella.jpg

handinhandwithCindy.jpg

I had my camera set on manual and for some reason shot some REALLY crappy pictures before I realized my settings were bad. :rolleyes: I don’t like to use flash that much, but since it was dark in there I ended up doing some with it. Thank goodness the photographer got some great shots…..which are on my photopass CD, and I will post once it comes.

I also realized after seeing the pictures later on, that I never took her jean jacket off. LOL! :rolleyes1

Cinderella signed Claire’s book and they talked. We were last in line, so she kind of took a little time with her. :love:

Cindysigning.jpg

newfriends.jpg

After that we sat down and waited to be called upstairs.
Cinderella must’ve been waiting for another family because she didn’t leave and she got up and kind of roamed.

cinderellawaiting.jpg

Another family came in and she went to talk to the little girl and get pictures taken.

After that she roamed again…and then a wonderful thing happened. She came and sat next to Claire and talked to her for AT LEAST 5 minutes. Claire was in heaven :cloud9: and just talking away with her. It was like they were best friends. It was very special.

chattingwithCindy.jpg

bestbuddies.jpg

talkingwithcinderella.jpg

yesCinderella.jpg

ohmygosh.jpg

Then another family came in and Cinderella had to go greet them. Look at the little smirk on Claire’s face. LOL! :goodvibes

smirking.jpg

that is awesome that Claire got some one on one time with Cinderella!! You are so good at updating. I am always excited to see what is next!:cool1:

I have ALWAYS wanted to eat at Cindy's but haven't been able to yet. We are eating at Akershus and 1900 Park Fare this time for my 5 yr. old Haleigh. Then Crystal Palace, Tusker House and Boma for her brothers. So no CCRT for me. BLAH!

Cinderella is my favorite princess:lovestruc Claire's little smirk at the last picture is priceless. :cutie:

I have ALWAYS wanted to eat at Cindy's but haven't been able to yet. We are eating at Akershus and 1900 Park Fare this time for my 5 yr. old Haleigh. Then Crystal Palace, Tusker House and Boma for her brothers. So no CCRT for me. BLAH!

We ate at 1900 park Fare, Akershus, and Crystal Paolace this trip too. I'll eventually do a dining review as well, and once I start it, I'll post the link here. Just not enought time to do all I want all at once right now! :rolleyes1

Cinderella is my favorite princess:lovestruc Claire's little smirk at the last picture is priceless. :cutie:

It just cracks me up. She has a little attitude look on her.

I've read your trip report from last time, your pre-trip report, and now this! I have a 4 year old daughter, Ally, that is your Claire's age and my 1 year old daughter's name is Claire!! We are going to WDW in May!! We can't WAIT! This will be Ally & Claire's very 1st trip and I haven't been since I was a freshman in high school and it's been even longer for dh. We will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary! Anywho, I'm really enjoy reading your updates!!

Hello there..

Great trip report! I read your pre-trip report and here I am now following along.. I have a little boy and we are leaving for WDW in a couple of weeks.. reading your reports makes me want a little girl too... better start planning for one! :goodvibes

Can't wait to read the next installment!

I've read your trip report from last time, your pre-trip report, and now this! I have a 4 year old daughter, Ally, that is your Claire's age and my 1 year old daughter's name is Claire!! We are going to WDW in May!! We can't WAIT! This will be Ally & Claire's very 1st trip and I haven't been since I was a freshman in high school and it's been even longer for dh. We will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary! Anywho, I'm really enjoy reading your updates!!

UGH! I had a whole response and Claire just came up to me and clicked on key and it all disappeared. :scared1:
Well anyways, I'll try to remember. LOL!

Claire is an awesome name! if I do say so myself. God choice. :thumbsup2
You will have so much fun. Just be patient if the girls decide something you thought they would love isn;t so great to them. Claire changes her mind every year on stuff. The last 2 years we rode Haunted Mansion, the 1st she loved it, and last year she was very leary of it. This year she refused to go on it, so we didn;t push it (but I am sad we didn't make it to it)

Hello there..

Great trip report! I read your pre-trip report and here I am now following along.. I have a little boy and we are leaving for WDW in a couple of weeks.. reading your reports makes me want a little girl too... better start planning for one! :goodvibes

Can't wait to read the next installment!

Thanks for joining! :)

UGH! I had a whole response and Claire just came up to me and clicked on key and it all disappeared. :scared1:
Well anyways, I'll try to remember. LOL!

Claire is an awesome name! if I do say so myself. God choice. :thumbsup2
You will have so much fun. Just be patient if the girls decide something you thought they would love isn;t so great to them. Claire changes her mind every year on stuff. The last 2 years we rode Haunted Mansion, the 1st she loved it, and last year she was very leary of it. This year she refused to go on it, so we didn;t push it (but I am sad we didn't make it to it)

I know how that goes! My Claire does that A LOT to me!! Thank you for the tip!! I look forward to hearing more about your trip!!

Always nice to hear from the locals. LOL! We actually live north of Swanton (west of Toledo) I grew up North of Delta, but went to Notre Dame Acadmey for high school. I grew up on a farm and DH is a dairy farmer. I tlee him all the time he's lucky I'm his wife and understanding of the farmer ways, because most women would've kicked him to the curb. LOL! :laughing:
well I went to Central Catholic (class of '91!) and grew up in Point Place!
I get home a few times a year and I am definiely struck by how much it has changed in the 8 years that I have been away since law school at UT. I can't believe all that development in Perrysburg!

Anywho, to make this relevant to Disney, we are also staying at Pop. in the past we have stayed at the deluxes but we got such a sweet deal (free dining and 4 for 3) that we are paying under $2K for 11 nights, dining, airfare and tickets. Crazy! but I hear from everyone on the boards that Pop is actually pretty great.

Jennifer

That sounds like a great deal. Are getting both deals at the same times? Or part of your stay is the 4/3 and part free dining? I wish we could go for 11 days. I would be in heaven.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!