3rd Contract: BCV or VWL?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by SpaceMountain77, Oct 30, 2012.

1. SpaceMountain77

SpaceMountain77 Kidani Villager & Victorian Gentleman

Hi everyone,

Tonight, I need some "add-on" advice. I currently have two small contracts at Kidani Village and am looking to add on a third small contract (50-75 points) at Beach Club or Wilderness Lodge. I am very familiar with both resorts, from rooms and views to amenities. However, I am not as familiar with booking advantage. Whenever I log into the system, both always seem difficult to book (BCV: Flower & Garden, Food & Wine; VWL: fall and winter months). I would sincerely appreciate any suggestions on which would be a better add on.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

We own both due to the fact that they are popular resorts and we like to book both at 11 months.

I would decide based on which park(s) or areas you like the best. MK or DHS/Epcot.

:earsboy: Bill

4. amypetecar

amypetecar DIS Veteran

If you have to choose, conventional wisdom would be to buy BCV for the booking advantage. That said, VWL can br purchased for less than beach club

5. ttepsich

ttepsich Mouseketeer

We are partial to BCV. We have 3 small contracts there and are awaiting ROFR news on a forth. I did consider VWL but the BCV contract came up first. Those small contracts are nearly impossible to snag. You really have to be quick!

6. BridgetR3

BridgetR3 Dreaming of Home

Not to hijack his thread but if you own say 100 points at VWL and 50 points at BCV, can you use all 150 points at BCV at the 11th month window?

7. SpaceMountain77

No, you could only use the 50 points at BCV. To make the 150, you would have needed to bank points from the previous year and borrow from the next year.

8. BridgetR3

BridgetR3 Dreaming of Home

Thank you. That's what I thought but I got a little confused after reading this post and thought it was possible.

9. DisDad07

DisDad07 Mouseketeer

We go to FWF every year an I wish I owned at BCV, for a better shot at the 11 months to get a room . We enjoy nomatter where we end up staying, but to be at BCV and just walk there is alot nicer.

10. nalajms

nalajms DIS Veteran

We already own at BWV, but I would still go for BCV. For the times we travel, it's harder to get into BCV.

Plus, I think once they open at GF, there will be more options at MK.

11. AJA

AJA DIS Veteran

We own at BCV so you know what I'd suggest. :thumbsup2

I guess it comes down to when you're visiting the most. If you love Thanksgiving or Christmas time then VWL might have an edge....any other time of year I'd go with BCV and the 11 month booking window there (especially if you love having pool time!).

12. SpaceMountain77

Thanks everyone!

During the past hour, I checked the deluxe studio availability at BCV and VWL from 11/1/12 to 6/7/13. Based on your comments and availability, I am going to add on a BCV contract. It seems much easier to book VWL at the 7 month window than BCV.

Actually, as of 8:30pm, VWL was open from April 4 to June 6, 2013; BCV was much more limited.