3rd Birthday with a 3 month old! July 2012 PTR! Home

adorable photo in princess mode

AK is hot, You will definately want to take in a show if you stay for the parade. Although even waiting in line for these are hot too. I'd say FOTLK has more shade.

I've read here on the DIS it is best to do the safari first thing as the animals are less active/viewable as the day heats up.

Joining in!! Your little ones are SO CUTE! I'd love to see more pics!! My baby girl is about 3.5 months old - about the age your little Ellie will be. I'm absolutely loving her age right now! You're going to have a blast. Have you started shopping for cute outfits for her and Logan?

Glad to hear Logan is a great napper - that would be my only concern about my Aria. So far she's a great napper while out and about, so I just hope it continues for our trip, and hope Ellie takes after Logan!

Anyway looking forward to reading more!

I MAY have a slight shopping problem! ELiya has a reidiculous amount of headbands! LOL I've ordered them each 2 things from etsy, and THEN I discovered you can order DIY iron on appliques for very reasonable, so I oredered them EACH 2 of those as well!

I've also gotten Logan a few shirts at the Disney outlet store near us that will be new to him for the trip. I plan on writing a post about their outfits for the trip once my etsy orders come in!

We are getting so excited for our trip! Its 45 days away! I'm working on making a countdown starting at 30 days out, thats just 2 weeks away!

Logan is askign a lot more questions about the trip and is very excited for it. I can't wait to see his reactions to everything! He's getting so big so quickly its defiently bittersweet! Here's a few photos of my little man
521538_10151194096011164_489590883_n.jpg

580079_10151179220176164_505171163_13358981_1429702576_n.jpg

305686_10151732724910096_506155095_24797922_1792650376_n.jpg

Eliya is doing wonderfully! She's 2 months already! Thats crazy! She's nursing really well and has started to fall into a godo routine and even letting me sleep a little bit at night every now and then! She has some serious cheeks on her, and her eyes are still blue there will most likely change but they are pretty for now! I am having a lot of fun dressing up my litle princess thats for sure! Here are a few new photos of her:
538796_10151768629400096_506155095_24932217_245565071_n.jpg

74760_10151763250240096_740786643_n.jpg

546210_10151763240575096_506155095_24914133_1817950674_n.jpg

And a few of them together! Logan is in love with her and she has started smiling at him, its very sweet
399038_10151732725895096_506155095_24797927_210642629_a.jpg

542919_10151743017970096_506155095_24828737_886931455_n.jpg

Finally Magic Kingdom! Logan recognizes the castle at the beginning of Disney movies and associates it with Disney World, I am SO excited to see his little face light up! I’m aiming for an EARLY morning I really want to see the opening ceremony as I have never seen it (in fact before the DIS I didn’t even know it existed!) I think it will be a magical start to our day! We will have a breakfast in the room or on the way out from things I have packed and fill our mugs on the way out.

250px-Partners_and_Cinderella.jpg

We will make our way to Fantasyland first as that’s best geared to our little ones! I plan on one of us wearing Ellie on most of the rides. We have 4 different carriers to bring! I actually would love to add a Beco to the stash but just can’t afford it at the moment!

We will try and hit all the classics, Dumbo, Peter Pan, It’s a Small World, the carousel and the tea cups. I would also really like to sneak in a visit to Ariel this morning, my little princess will be dressed for the occasion! Logan is really into the sea and fish so the little mermaid is a movie he is currently a fan of so I think he will enjoy this as well! WE may try out Goofy’s Barnstormer if Logan’s tall enough (he’s 36” now so should be) and is interested. I’m sure the heat will lead us to the splash pad water area for Logan to cool off a bit.
dumbo-ride-1.jpg

Again we are going to take it easy and follow the kids lead. None of the adults are that into roller coasters so we will be sticking to child activities.
We will have lunch in the park, I’m thinking it will be Peco Bill’s, Cosmic Ray’s or Columbia Harbour House; I still need Les to review the menus to give his input on these! I know that I want to try a dole whip, one of the waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow, a funnel cake and a cupcake from mainstreet bakery at some point on the trip!

I have another parade dilemma this day! We may leave immediately after lunch (around noon) and either call it a day and be done with the park, or head back rest, maybe swim, freshen up and try and make it back to the 3pm parade before our dinner ADR. I personally think that’s just not enough time in between. If we decide to leave we will likely not see the parade this trip. I really think Logan would like the parade tho. If all is going well and everyone is holding up OK we will do a few indoor/cooler activities to cool off such as Mickey’s Phillarmagic or the TTA, or maybe even some shopping! We will fit in a snack and then watch the 3pm parade and head out.
random%20Magic%20Kingdom%20parade-2.JPG

Of course at some points during the day we will see some Characters! I don’t have a huge must see list and if anyone who catches our eye is out and Logan is interested we will wait to see them, if he’s not interested that’s OK too.

Either after lunch or after the parade (or if its gets too much somewhere in between!) we will head back to AoA. We will all (hopefully) rest and possibly go for a quick swim.

We have a late dinner planned so have plenty of time in between, whichever time we leave the park. We will be eating at Chef Mickey’s at 6:55pm! I am thinking we will take the bus back to MK and then the monorail to the contemporary? Does this sound right/the best? Logan will LOVE the monorail, that will be half of the excitement for him!

This is our latest ADR and it’s the only time I could get. Its not too much of an issue, luckily between WDW and our home there is no time difference and we often eat late dinner so Logan should do just fun, of course will can always get a yummy snack to hold us over! I’m excited to see Logan interact with the characters and of course I hope the food is good! There are a lot of mixed reviews on here, however my ILs love buffets and none of us are terribly picky. It will be worth it to see a great reaction from Logan!

After dinner we will head back to AoA, if anyone has energy a late evening swim may be in order (Logan is a fish) but my bet is we will all be ready for bed!

On Day Four we head back to Epcot!

Your kids are so beautiful. I had blue eyes as a baby but they turned brown. Hopefully, Eliya's stay. They are very lovely.

Sounds like another awesome day. I do not know what advice to offer on the parade dilemna. While we never leave for an afternoon break, we rarely do parades either. Chef Mickey's will be a hit, so logan will be happy no matter what you decide.

Love the new pics!! So cute! MK day sounds great :goodvibes We also don't really do parades, but afternoon breaks are a must!

Sounds like a great day at MK. I'd try to hold out and see the parade then go swim before dinner.

beautiful pics of the kids

[/COLOR]
Your kids are so beautiful. I had blue eyes as a baby but they turned brown. Hopefully, Eliya's stay. They are very lovely.

Thanks, I'm pretty crazy about them myself! Your boys are equally adorable tho! I love your photos of the two of them together, it melts my heart! I'm anxiously awaiting your next update however at the same time know since your cruise was fairly short each update is a little closer to the end :sad2:

Sounds like another awesome day. I do not know what advice to offer on the parade dilemna. While we never leave for an afternoon break, we rarely do parades either. Chef Mickey's will be a hit, so logan will be happy no matter what you decide.

I'm excited for Chef Mickey's! Perhaps after our first parade attempt our decision for the rest of such dilemma's will be made. He will either love it and we will make them work or won't sit still and we won't bother at the other parks!

Love the new pics!! So cute! MK day sounds great :goodvibes We also don't really do parades, but afternoon breaks are a must!

Yes! I think we will really appreciate those breaks. Maybe Logan won't even be into the parades and then my big decision will be made for me!

Sounds like a great day at MK. I'd try to hold out and see the parade then go swim before dinner.

beautiful pics of the kids

THanks so much!

The countdown is officially on in our house!!
June22012005.jpg

Just 39 days to go until we are in the world :cool1::banana::cool1:

TO say I'm excited is an understatement! I am starting to get a little overwhelmed too! I mean there is SO MUCH for me to get done in the next few weeks :scared1:

Yesterday Logan was singing Happy Birthday to himself (he spends most of his day in song, literally the kid is ALWAYS singing!) I asked why he was singing happy birthday to himself, he said he wanted it to be his birthday NOW so we could go see Mickey! :rotfl2:

It was adorable! However I decided to go ahead and make the countdown chart, I planned on waiting till 30 days out but we started at 40, I thought it would help him SEE when we are going as much as a 2 year old can understand anways! :confused3

So we got a little crafty and made this sign
June22012006.jpg

And I made a run to home depot for the rest of my "supplies" the garden door in our kitchen made the perfect home for our chart...
June22012004.jpg

This made one excited little boy!! And a pretty pleased mama too! :woohoo:

I took his picture yesterday taking the first number off and tonight when he took of "39" before bed he insisted I take his photo again! I think I'm going to have 40 very similar photos :goodvibes

June22012010.jpg

I have a few more crafty things planned, plus finishing my PTR, making up my lists and finishing up my charts, shopping, packing...OK I'm feeling overhwhelmed! ha

But on a SUPER exciting front Logan is just about potty trained!! He decided one day last week he wanted to be in underwear, he peed on the potty and has almost every time since! We haven't had a pee accident in 5 days, including a trip to the zoo, shopping, etc :woohoo::banana:
We just may have only one in diapers for our trip! We are stilling working on the #2 part tho :confused: I've heard that can take a little longer with boys :eek: I'm still pretty sure we will do pull ups in Disney its just a little too fresh to risk an accident for me!

I hope to have day 4 up in the next few days, I need to get moving its going ot be packing time soon before I know it! At least packing list time anyways!

Love the countdown calendar. We have A very similar one. I only have enough to count from 30 though. The kids still don't know about the trip. I am not sure when we are going to tell them, but I am going to keep it a surprise a little longer.

So exciting that Logan is getting the potty idea. Our DD just figured out the potty a month before our last Disney trip. Then we had no one in diapers and it was so easy carrying the bag through the parks. It was great! Good luck with the rest of the potty training. I am sure Logan will figure the rest out.

I like the countdown calendar. I want one but our trip is still a secret! They will find out one week before we leave.

Yeah for potty training!

I love the countdown calendar. We bought our Disney paint from home Depot, so I recognized your day pulls right away. It is so cute that Logan was singing Happy Birthday to himself hoping that time will hurry, so he can see Mickey.

I tried starting Xander with potty training right at two, but he cried way too much. We started him again at 2 years, 2 months. He did not finish until he was 2 years, 11 months. It was a LONG time. Logan already seems more receptive to learning, so I hope things are faster for you. In retrospect, I wish we would have waited a little longer to start training Xander, but Crap was insistent we start when we did. If Connor is not ready at 2 or even 2 years, 2 months, I want to wait a little longer. Hopefully, the overall task will be faster once we start.

29 days to go! I've got to get moving!!

We are all so excited but there is A LOT to do still! PLUS we are in the tail end of reno's our house is in shambles and my luggage is MIA! eek!

On to the Day Four plans, trying to keep it straightforward so I can get thru the last few day plans on talk about clothes/shopping/lists!

I’m hoping this day is a bit laid back for us. I’m really excited for it. We will grab breakfast in the room/on the go. We plan on heading to Epcot just after rope drop, hoping to miss the huge rush and crowds a bit! Since we did most of the future world attractions on our arrival day our main goal is to ride soarin’ using a combo of fast passes and rider swap for the kids. In between or after we will finish up anything in the future world section we missed or want to revisit our first visit, once we all have had a chance to ride soarin’ we will head over to the World Showcase, I’m hopeful that this is right around when it opens at 11.

Our plans for the Worlds are pretty simple, we will take our time and see what we can. Whatever we don’t fit in is OK too. There are no must do’s to this day except I would like to do the pick a pearl for Eliya and have a necklace made as her keepsake from her first trip.

We will have lunch at the park and I’m excited about this, we plan on grazing and sharing while touring, getting a different meal as they appeal to us sharing them throughout our touring. We will likely throw in a few snacks along the way as well! DH and I are both itching to try a few things in particular including shawarmas in Morocco, beef brisket tacos in Mexico and of course some sweets as well. We will likely also sample a few beverages especially the grey goose slush and a margarita in Mexico!

If Logan is interested we will take time to do the kidcot stations along the way as well. They sound like his type of thing but with kids you just never know! I hope to see a few characters along the way and to sit and enjoy some of the entertainment the different countries have to offer.

Once someone in the group is done or too hot to continue we will head back to AoA and spend some pool/naptime. I know EPCOT isn’t that popular with little ones, DH and Lolo & Lola have never been so we are really excited to check it out but don’t feel a lot of pressure to see or do it all. I suspect we will only spend a few hours in the world showcase and will head back to the hotel around 1/1:30.

Once back at the resort we will swim/nap/rest before heading to one of our most anticipated meals-O’hana at 5:20pm. I really hope this meal lives up to our expectations! I’m really looking forward to seeing the Poly as well!

After dinner we will possibly explore a bit or maybe just head right back to our room, who knows. Again, I’m hoping we are fairly laid back and relaxed, this is the middle of our trip and I’m sure we will all be pretty tired, perhaps an early night will be just what we need!

I think your plans sound great. Xander loves Epcot. Between Crush, the Nemo ride and the kidcot stops, he always has a great time. Hopefully, Logan has a great time. If he does the kidcot stops, you should buy a passport before hitting them. They will stamp his creation and his passport at each stop. Cast members usually write messages in the passports as well.

Epcot day sounds really laid back and easy going.
Hope you get to do the pick a pearl, that would be a great keepsake for your daughter.
Can't believe the trips are creeping up on us! So much to do in the next two weeks! Good luck finding your luggage.

We leave in 19 days! I'm working on day 5 plans and should have them up very soon! I also hope to do a wardrobe post but I'm awaiting an etsy order first! We are getting so excited. :cool1:

Logan's sick now with a fever :sick: and I'm finishing up some antibiotics for an ear infection but I figure better now then in Disney!

Our basement reno's are 95% done I'm just awaiting the last of the electrical work this weekend. I have a TON of cleaning and organizing to do but I'm SO excited:woohoo: this literally doubles our living space AND we have a 3rd full bath that includes a jacuzzi tub!!:love:

With Logan's 3rd birthday trip fast approachign his birthday is also quickly approaching! His actual birthday is July 24th. Now I'm a planner by nature (your shocked aren't you) and I LOVE planning his birthday parties.

We usually go pretty all out, his first birthday was over 100 people :rolleyes1

We have a big family and Les is an only child so his parents invite everyone they know (I think its semi culutral as well)

For his first birthday we had a pirate theme
38376_10150217822875096_3735475_n.jpg

His second birthday was a cowboy theme. He was IN LOVE with toy story at the time he carried around these little Woody and Buzz dolls together and called them "Buddy" like they were one. He just told me yesterday he doesn't like toy story because he's not a baby anymore :lmao: I am actually not huge on commercial themes for parties, decor or clothing so we went with a cowboy theme instead
283464_10150740423950096_3069629_n.jpg

Yes, thats a mechanical horse, I did say I tend to go all out....

And here's one more of the 3 of us before we were the 4 of us...
282138_10150740426355096_6672646_n.jpg

So of course despite my preference for non commerical parties in order to carry on our Disney theme we are having a Mickey Mouse party this year!!

Here is my idea board for the party (um yup I make one for each party I plan, I thought about including the ones from his previous parties but decided to keep it Disney themed here! Everybody does that right?!:rotfl2:)

L3IBcopy.jpg

I am officially INSANE and we are havign his party just 4 days after we get home!! :confused:

Its Les' weekend off work and he can't take more time so close to our trip. SO I'm trying to get everything planned for that right now as well!

We are keeping it smaller this year (still like 50 some people!) and having it at my dads house (he has a pool). But I have alot of crafting to do from banners to cake toppers and more! lol. I also plan on baking all the cupcakes myself (ok my friend is helping but I'm doing it in the 4 days between coming home and the party!!).

So needless to say I'm busy, but I love it!

I think the Mickey party sounds awesome. Both of my boys love Mickey so much. Your board is pretty cool. You seem more organized than I am, so I think you can pull it together in four days. Have fun. Our parties always have a large number of people too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter