3rd Annual We are "NEVER" going to Disney in the summer again"

I'm just getting caught up!
We really loved KP. Very cool!!!
We didn't make it to DTD this trip but I'm sorry we missed going to the Lego store. My Nathaniel is a huge lego fanatic!
Loving your pics (as usual!).

Amanda

T Rex looks amazing!! I can't wait until we eat there for the first time on our next trip. I can see why Ben was still hungry, that kids meal looked more like a snack to me! It must be awesome walking back to your hotel through Epcot so much!!

That was an excellent idea on how to get to Epcot from DTD!! I never would have thought of using the bus from SSR :thumbsup2

I wish T-Rex were on the DDP. I made a reservation at Planet Hollywood for dinner for our MK day - couldn't get the boys to agree with 1900 Park Fare (I was going to surprise them but they finally started getting interested in ADR's and felt it was for kids and they wanted to see DTD before Wishes).

Hey Dee,
Jumped back over to your TR and am all caught up. We were in BC room 5627 from 7/22-7/30. This is the room immediately to the right when you get off the elevators. So convenient to the lounge. Have heard of complaints about the elevator sound but we always bring a fan for white noise so no problem for us. And the full balcony overlook the 'back' entrance and SAB in the distance.....:lovestruc Thanks for your pic's!
Funny how we 'planners' think the same. We took our grandson (12yr old) to DC this summer. Stayed 4 days and hit the high spots. (Four days is enough for our nations capital but we need 8 at WDW:thumbsup2!)

Oh yeah........DW and I are also visiting Boston for a long weekend in October. Going to see Boston College play our dear old Clemson in football and do the tourist thing.

Hi everyone! Hope you are having a great fall so far!

Great update! Your trip to DTD sounds a lot like our family's. Very little shopping. :lmao: I love the tip for packing legos. :thumbsup2

The Kim Impossible mission sounds like a lot of fun for your children's age group. I could tell your son was enjoying himself.

And the super at T-Rex sounds like fun.

Q

We have never been shoppers. When Mark and I would go on international trips, we would fill out the customs cards, "$10 t-shirt, $15 Mexican blanket, etc." That's it! Bad tourists!

Kim Possible is a great addition to EPCOT- perfect for the age 6-11 set! Even if you are not familiar with the show it is based on, it really makes you see the countries in a new way. I don't know how long the marathon runner statue has been in Norway, but I never noticed it before the KP mission brought us to see it.

T-Rex is a great restaurant. The food is surprisingly good, portions are gigantic and the atmosphere if fun (but loud).

Great update. Love the idea for the Lego's. My DS can never not open them though. He has to put it together right away.

Love Ben's shirt.:thumbsup2

We have got to try T-Rex. And I guess Ben will have to get a really good job one day to keep up those meals.:rotfl2:

I know your DS loves Legos! There is an advertisment for a Lego convention around here, and I thought of you. You probably don't have as much of a concern with transporting the Legos in the car as we have taking them in our suitcases.

Thanks for the compliment on the shirt! Mark enjoys his weekend coffee in a mug with the same design.

It is not going to be pretty when reality hits and the boys realize how much it costs to feed them in the fashion to which they are accustomed! Fortunately, Ben also loves Ramen soup, so we do have budget alternatives for him.

I'm just getting caught up!
We really loved KP. Very cool!!!
We didn't make it to DTD this trip but I'm sorry we missed going to the Lego store. My Nathaniel is a huge lego fanatic!
Loving your pics (as usual!).

Amanda

Thanks so much! I really like Legos. They are the one thing without a screen that keep my boys occupied for long periods of time. The sets are so creative, but I love that the boys make their own designs, too.

T Rex looks amazing!! I can't wait until we eat there for the first time on our next trip. I can see why Ben was still hungry, that kids meal looked more like a snack to me! It must be awesome walking back to your hotel through Epcot so much!!

Glad I am helping you get excited about your meal!

We love walking through EPCOT. It is so much fun soaking up the atmosphere that you sometimes forget that you are walking so much! And there are lots of quick distractions along the way.

That was an excellent idea on how to get to Epcot from DTD!! I never would have thought of using the bus from SSR :thumbsup2

I wish T-Rex were on the DDP. I made a reservation at Planet Hollywood for dinner for our MK day - couldn't get the boys to agree with 1900 Park Fare (I was going to surprise them but they finally started getting interested in ADR's and felt it was for kids and they wanted to see DTD before Wishes).

The trip to DTD is so much more enjoyable for us knowing we don't have to get onto the awful return bus to BC. Seriously, it is always crowded, many of the people are returning after enjoying a drink or two or more, then you stop at Typhoon Lagoon. And make many stops at other resorts before getting to BC. The boat is so nice and relaxing. It is like another ride...

T-Rex is a fun restaurant. Since it is not on the Disney Dining Plan, it is probably a good idea to enjoy appetizers, salads or sandwiches to keep the bill reasonable. We haven't had the room after the meal to try the Chocolate Extinction dessert. It comes out with dry ice steam!

Hey Dee,
Jumped back over to your TR and am all caught up. We were in BC room 5627 from 7/22-7/30. This is the room immediately to the right when you get off the elevators. So convenient to the lounge. Have heard of complaints about the elevator sound but we always bring a fan for white noise so no problem for us. And the full balcony overlook the 'back' entrance and SAB in the distance.....:lovestruc Thanks for your pic's!
Funny how we 'planners' think the same. We took our grandson (12yr old) to DC this summer. Stayed 4 days and hit the high spots. (Four days is enough for our nations capital but we need 8 at WDW:thumbsup2!)

Oh yeah........DW and I are also visiting Boston for a long weekend in October. Going to see Boston College play our dear old Clemson in football and do the tourist thing.

We loved the location of our room last year (5631, just down the hall). Great people watching!

Oooo- DC in the summer! Mark and I were there July about 20 years ago. It was HOT! Hope it wasn't too miserable for you. We are really looking forward to the trip. Just got the e-mail yesterday that we are approved for a White House Tour. :cool1:

Enjoy your visit to Boston! October is a beautiful time to be here. Even if you don't head up north, the colors and scenery are breathtaking. Lots of great historical sites to visit.

Aren't those legos just amazing? Can you imagine having a job there as the guy who has to build those fancy concoctions? That'd be a dream job for some of these destination imagination groups that build legos at our school.

Anyway, having never eaten at T-Rex I really enjoyed seeing your pic's. My mouth was watering looking at that french onion soup & your chicken salad sandwich. Yum!

I don't know if I could've left EPCOT that late and not stayed for Illuminations, however your being able to see it from your room perhaps I could've been coaxed :cutie:

BTW, I work at a farm that caters to children too...It's a small world afterall :goodvibes

Aren't those legos just amazing? Can you imagine having a job there as the guy who has to build those fancy concoctions? That'd be a dream job for some of these destination imagination groups that build legos at our school.

Anyway, having never eaten at T-Rex I really enjoyed seeing your pic's. My mouth was watering looking at that french onion soup & your chicken salad sandwich. Yum!

I don't know if I could've left EPCOT that late and not stayed for Illuminations, however your being able to see it from your room perhaps I could've been coaxed :cutie:

BTW, I work at a farm that caters to children too...It's a small world afterall :goodvibes

Thank goodness there is a job that involves putting Legos together! My Nate is not a hard worker, and I fear he may be destined to a job that is more play than work. Not to say this isn't a lot of work...

There is a Science Museum in Manchester NH that has the entire basement devoted to a Lego recreation of the Manchester shoe and clothing mills. It is absolutely amazing- I think it took the Lego Master Builder about 3 years to complete. I'll poke around and maybe post a few pictures. My grandmother worked in the mills, and my dad grew up in Manchester, so he was able to tell us all about what we were looking at.

The food is very very good at T-Rex, but you are definitely paying a premium for the atmosphere/entertainment. We didn't combine this visit with Disney Quest this year, so we didn't end up with killer headaches!

We will have another couple of opportunities to stay behind and watch Illuminations from the park, but DH and DSs really don't care that much about them, so grabbing a couple of snacks going back to the room, and going to sleep is really more tempting to them. :headache:

Oh, you will have to tell me about your farm! I am working Day at the Farm today. All of our animals are rescue animals from the Humane Society. We have a horse, 4 goats, 4 sheep, 2 gigantic pigs, chickens, a rooster, a turkey, a rabbit and a cat named Offin Boardman named for one of the previous owners of the farm house. Not a bad gig!

Oh, you will have to tell me about your farm! I am working Day at the Farm today. All of our animals are rescue animals from the Humane Society. We have a horse, 4 goats, 4 sheep, 2 gigantic pigs, chickens, a rooster, a turkey, a rabbit and a cat named Offin Boardman named for one of the previous owners of the farm house. Not a bad gig!

I work for a farm that was founded by 2 nuns who were teaching in the public schools & were bothered by the fact that most of the children they taught had no clue how food was produced. They figured if the children could go to a farm to see first hand how food is grown & raised it would serve as an enrichment to their education in the areas of social studies & science. Long story short, the farm hosts school groups from preschool up for all public schools & operates in part from grants to help children in poorer school districts be able to come out to the farm for a "hands on" experience. At the farm the students can see & touch the animals, tour the barns & hike through the fields & surrounding woods. It's really cool :goodvibes

ANd of course being family friendly they have lots of people just come out for a solo tour of their own to wander about & check it out. It's a great place. We have pigs, chickens, donkeys, cows, sheep, goats, ducks, cats, dogs, barns, herb & other gardens, an old tire swing, shelter & an old farmhouse with antiques. Yesterday at work I had to go outside to chase the sheep back to the barnyard area. They had come up to the farmhouse to eat the flowers :laughing:

We started our day with breakfast in the Concierge Lounge.

Danish of the Day: Coconut Pineapple Danish! This was my favorite of the whole trip!

IMG_0663.jpg

We arrived at the boat dock around 7:30, and arrived for Early Morning Rope Drop at Hollywood Studios.

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

IMG_0668.jpg

We headed for Toy Story Mania, of course!

Mark went to get Fast Passes while we entered the line, which was snaking around outside of the building. See if you can spot him in the middle of the FP line.

IMG_0670.jpg

Mark joined us just as we reached the roped part of the line. We wouldn’t have actually entered the corral without him. For me, this marks the zone where people who join line with their families are officially cutting. As long as there are no boundries, I don’t consider it part of the real line, but once you have the dividers or you are inside a building, and someone has to pass another person to get to their party, that’s cutting. Mark knows this is my line policy and this will come into play later in the week at MK, when it could possibly cost us big time!

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0855.jpg

I’m sure we had a fun ride, but I can’t remember any of the details. Wait time, who rode with who, who won? I know it was not me. I never win. But I have an excuse. There is a camera around my wrist at all times. Yeah, that’s it!

Next stop: The Twilight Zone!

Sweet, the wait is not too bad.

IMG_0701.jpg

This is a mixed bag for our family. Mark loves it, I like it, Nate likes it better than I do, Ben is not so sure. I think the preshow freaks him out. And the electrified spirits. Whenever we wait in line, he protests- not too strongly, and usually he ends up riding it. And he enjoys himself during the ride. But then he is still freaked out the next time we try it.

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

Before we head next door to Rock N Roller Coaster, a flashback! Aerosmith was my first concert without parents. Portland, Maine. Early 80’s. My dad dropped my brother and me off at the Civic Center with plans to meet when the show was over. How was the show? Well, Steven Tyler passed out during the second song of the night. Lights on. Concert over. This was before we had cell phones but somehow we managed to meet up with my dad, rainchecks in hand, and made it home safely.

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0867.jpg

OK, I’m back. We entered the plaza of RNR and there was a photopass photographer set up. We have never had a photo of our family in front of the guitar before! The boys “tolerate” photopass opportunities, but they want to get it over as quickly as possible. I would love to post this spectacular photo so you can all see it, but I can’t!

Although I advise everyone who will listen to HAVE THE PHOTOGRAPHER TAKE THE PICTURE WITH YOUR CAMERA, TOO, unless he or she offers, I don’t ask. Here is our first loss of the day. The photos at RNR were not in my account when we returned home. I reviewed my photopass pictures at a kiosk in the lobby at the Beach Club, and I’m pretty sure I saw them in my account there. (Another tip- you may want to resist the urge to review your photos on-site. I have heard that photos can be lost doing this). I noticed the missing photos immediately when we got home, notified photopass support about exactly when and where the photos were taken (between 9 and 9:30, Monday 7/12), here is a photo of us, from the same day. Nothing. They regret that they are unable to recover those photos. Bummer! So do as I say, not as I do- ask the photopass photographer to snap a shot or two with your camera!

Here’s two of my family members in front of the guitar, at least. Hey, I wonder if the family to the right got THEIR photopass pics???

IMG_0715.jpg

Last year, Mark and I rode RNR for the first time, each as single riders. The boys were not having it. Nate was very conflicted, but Ben- no way! This year, there was a lot of pretrip discussion about whether Nate would ride or not. He really wanted to try it, but the upside-down loops really worried him. Will he or won’t he?

He did. And he LOVED it!!! This is now his favorite ride at Disney. We have the loss of a fear of inversions and the birth of a roller coaster junkie.
He rode once with Mark, then again with me.

Now it was Ben’s turn to enjoy one of his favorites: Star Tours

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

When we finished that, Mark went off to fetch FP for ToT while Nate, Ben and I went on the Great Movie Ride.

Continued in next post...

We were in the front row of the Great Movie Ride, seated next to a couple who started taking flash pictures. The driver scolded them and they stopped. I took a few non-flash pictures. I tried different settings on my new camera to see what worked best (but now I can’t remember exactly what I did!)

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

The 3 of us met up with Mark in the Animation Plaza at 11:15. Then, immediately, we split up again. The boys were off to the Indiana Jones show at 11:30, I decided to check out the Little Mermaid show for the first time ever. As I was waiting at the turnstiles, it started pouring! Then I heard the thunder. Ack! I hope the boys are able to see the show.

I really like the Little Mermaid. I love the songs from the movie! But I don’t think the boys would have enjoyed the show.

IMG_0762.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

The rain had stopped by the time I had exited the theater. I had everyone’s KTTW cards, so I walked over to RNR to get FPs. Then I headed to the Indiana Jones theater and stood in the back to watch the rest of the show.

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

Love the zoom feature on my new camera! These are taken from the very back of the theater.

When the show ended, it was time for our lunch reservation at the Sci-Fi Drive In at noon.

All in all, it was a very productive and enjoyable morning!

Next up: Lunch at the Sci Fi. Will we make it to the 1:20 Lights Motor Action show?

Sounds like you had a productive & fun morning at DHS :thumbsup2 I love it when I can see what I consider the top 3 attractions (TSM, ToT, RnRC) before noon.

Wasn't Little Mermaid cute :cutie: I really enjoy that one too but my guys could care less for it anymore.

We like Sci-Fi & missed eating there last visit. Looking forward to your pictures :goodvibes

Once again, what a productive morning. All the major rides ... well done. :)

I have mixed feelings about Tower of Terror also. It is a little spooky and as I get older my tolerance to the "thrills" get a little smaller.

I am glad you got to see "The Little Mermaid". It is a cute show and I love the feeling of being under the water. I cannot wait to see the new area at Fantasyland devoted to Ariel. The show at DHS is cute but it is starting to get outdated.

Great pictures of Indiana Jones! I haven't seen that show in a LONG time.

Have a great weekend!

Q

I work for a farm that was founded by 2 nuns who were teaching in the public schools & were bothered by the fact that most of the children they taught had no clue how food was produced. They figured if the children could go to a farm to see first hand how food is grown & raised it would serve as an enrichment to their education in the areas of social studies & science. Long story short, the farm hosts school groups from preschool up for all public schools & operates in part from grants to help children in poorer school districts be able to come out to the farm for a "hands on" experience. At the farm the students can see & touch the animals, tour the barns & hike through the fields & surrounding woods. It's really cool :goodvibes

ANd of course being family friendly they have lots of people just come out for a solo tour of their own to wander about & check it out. It's a great place. We have pigs, chickens, donkeys, cows, sheep, goats, ducks, cats, dogs, barns, herb & other gardens, an old tire swing, shelter & an old farmhouse with antiques. Yesterday at work I had to go outside to chase the sheep back to the barnyard area. They had come up to the farmhouse to eat the flowers :laughing:

The farm sounds wonderful! Kids respond so well to animals and it is great that they have an opportunity to get up close and personal with them! You too!

Do you have tours of the farmhouse for the kids/adults, also?

Part of our farmhouse was built in 1690 and throughout the years has housed a number of interesting families. Offin Boardman (of cat fame) kept a very detailed diary of farm and home life and we base a historical fiction program on his life. Boston University was on site for a couple of years digging up artifacts from the "privy" and they helped us set up a practice pit and program on archaeology where the kids dig up "planted goodies", make observations, put together shards of pottery and tour the house to see actual artifacts found on the premises.

Sounds like you had a productive & fun morning at DHS :thumbsup2 I love it when I can see what I consider the top 3 attractions (TSM, ToT, RnRC) before noon.

Wasn't Little Mermaid cute :cutie: I really enjoy that one too but my guys could care less for it anymore.

We like Sci-Fi & missed eating there last visit. Looking forward to your pictures :goodvibes

I know your family functions better on the other side of the clock (late nights at the park), but we love the early magic hours! We are early risers- my preteen son is already awake at 5:30 on a Sunday morning- so it is no problem for us to do this at Disney.

I really liked Little Mermaid. Wouldn't mind seeing it again sometime, maybe some day we will travel with some gals. Give me a chance to see Beauty and the Beast again too. Did that solo last year.

The atmosphere is so fun at the Sci-Fi. This was kind of a do-over for me, last year I had the shrimp pasta which was probably the nastiest thing I have eaten at Disney in all of my trips! My husband was like "WHY did you order pasta at a burger place?" I don't know, but I won't make that mistake again.

I hope I can dig up a couple of pictures of our meals for you! :rotfl:

Great morning-very productive!!

Yes, we had a great, productive morning. And we are still holding FP for TSM, RNR and ToT!!!

Once again, what a productive morning. All the major rides ... well done. :)

I have mixed feelings about Tower of Terror also. It is a little spooky and as I get older my tolerance to the "thrills" get a little smaller.

I am glad you got to see "The Little Mermaid". It is a cute show and I love the feeling of being under the water. I cannot wait to see the new area at Fantasyland devoted to Ariel. The show at DHS is cute but it is starting to get outdated.

Great pictures of Indiana Jones! I haven't seen that show in a LONG time.

Have a great weekend!

Q

Hi Queila!

As long as a ride doesn't spin, I am ok. Although I don't like the thrill rides as much as the attractions or shows where you go and soak in the clever Disney details. Big Thunder and Splash are my favorite coasters because there is so much to look at. The theming of Tower of Terror is outstanding!

Has Beatriz seen the Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast movies? Our theatre group was going to put on Little Mermaid for our fall production, but I think the show is touring nationally, so they won't sell the script rights at this time.

Thanks for the comments on the IJ photos. I was pretty impressed when I saw the pictures since they were taken from so far away. Being able to stand up in the back of the theater helped keep the audience's heads out of the photos.

The farm sounds wonderful! Kids respond so well to animals and it is great that they have an opportunity to get up close and personal with them! You too!

Do you have tours of the farmhouse for the kids/adults, also?

Part of our farmhouse was built in 1690 and throughout the years has housed a number of interesting families. Offin Boardman (of cat fame) kept a very detailed diary of farm and home life and we base a historical fiction program on his life. Boston University was on site for a couple of years digging up artifacts from the "privy" and they helped us set up a practice pit and program on archaeology where the kids dig up "planted goodies", make observations, put together shards of pottery and tour the house to see actual artifacts found on the premises.

ANytime a group comes out to the farm they are welcome to come into the farmhouse & look around. If families come & we happen to be there, they too are welcome to come in and have a look. There is also an inviting porch with rocking chairs for folks to come & "sit a spell"

The archaeology dig sounds like a fun thing for the kids to do. This being my first year with the farm I'm not completely familiar with how all our programs operate but we have several themed with the changing seasons (spring on the farm, summer on the farm, etc) plus several enrichment programs such as Native Americans & Pioneers, Underground Railroad and many others. It's so cool :thumbsup2

Looking forward to your Sci-Fi pic's. I love dining there even though the foods not all that great (we always burger & shake that place :goodvibes )

Playing catch up yet again. And because of you I am sitting here eating Chex Mix. Why you may ask? All the pics of food made me hungry.:rotfl2:

So sorry about the photopass pics. Now I know not to look before getting home.

That was awful about your first concert experience. Any rioting?

You got some great pics in the TGMR. I never get a decent Wizard of Oz one.

ANytime a group comes out to the farm they are welcome to come into the farmhouse & look around. If families come & we happen to be there, they too are welcome to come in and have a look. There is also an inviting porch with rocking chairs for folks to come & "sit a spell"

The archaeology dig sounds like a fun thing for the kids to do. This being my first year with the farm I'm not completely familiar with how all our programs operate but we have several themed with the changing seasons (spring on the farm, summer on the farm, etc) plus several enrichment programs such as Native Americans & Pioneers, Underground Railroad and many others. It's so cool :thumbsup2

Looking forward to your Sci-Fi pic's. I love dining there even though the foods not all that great (we always burger & shake that place :goodvibes )

Thanks for the info about the farm.

I'm amazed that I am enjoying what I do so much. I have no background in agriculture, history was never one of my main interests and teaching scares me. I still get very intimidated in front of the kids, but I'm getting better!

The programs are first-rate and the people I work with are super-nice!

Playing catch up yet again. And because of you I am sitting here eating Chex Mix. Why you may ask? All the pics of food made me hungry.:rotfl2:

So sorry about the photopass pics. Now I know not to look before getting home.

That was awful about your first concert experience. Any rioting?

You got some great pics in the TGMR. I never get a decent Wizard of Oz one.

OK, you got me back! Now I am here at the computer eating Chex Mix because of YOUR post!!! I love (hate) that it is so simple to consume it now that you can buy it premade at the store. But mine is semi-homemade. I add peanuts to the bowl!

I am still so bummed :mad: about the missing photos. Of course, it is one of the places we had not had them taken before. And it was right before Nate's very first ride on RNR!

You know, now that you mention it, there was some minor-level rioting- Bottles were thrown onto the stage and stuff like that.

Thanks for the kind words on TGMR photos. I was very pleased with how they came out without using flash. I know what you mean- This was my first success after many many attempts to get some good photos in there.
I was a little nervous since I had only owned the Canon for about a month before my trip and I was used to my Olympus, but I'm very happy with the camera.

While I was waiting for my family to meet me at Sci Fi, I wandered around taking a few pictures. I really wanted a picture of the car in front of the restaurant with the sign. I waited and waited for this girl to get out of the car but she just was not moving! So, here she is!

IMG_0799.jpg

Our reservation was at noon. There was a short wait to be seated, maybe 10 minutes. We had limited time for our lunch- we wanted to catch the Lights Motor Action show after we ate. There were two Lights Motor Action shows scheduled for the day, 1:20 and 4:30. Ben and I saw the show 2 years ago, none of us went last year, so this was going to be the first time Mark and Nate were going to see it.

Unlike everyone else who eats at this restaurant, we prefer the table to the cars, so we can see each other and talk while we eat.

IMG_0804redeyefix.jpg

This restaurant is more about the atmosphere than the food, I think. Last year when we went, the boys ordered burgers and I got the shrimp pasta. It sounded delicious. It looks innocent enough.

P7150541.jpg

But I think this may be the nastiest thing I have ever eaten at Disney. My sympathetic husband commented “What were you thinking ordering this at a burger place?” I don’t know, but I won’t make that mistake again.

Here’s what we did order:

For drinks, Mark and Ben got shakes, Nate got an orange soda with vanilla and I got an ice tea (boring, but refreshing). Actually, you can’t get a shake as a drink with the kids’ meals, so I got the shake and Ben got the ice tea.

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

We ordered onion rings as an appetizer (OOP, not included on meal plan)

IMG_0807.jpg

Mark and Nate got burgers. I got the pastrami sandwich (MUCH better than the shrimp pasta) and Ben ordered the pizza with salad

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

We were pretty full and crunched for time when it was time for dessert. We ordered 2 Hot Fudge Sundaes and an apple crumble.

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

We scarfed down a few bites of our desserts (boy, did it pain me to leave behind some of that dreamy hot fudge…) because we had places to go and things to do!

Lost, Motor, Action!

At this point it was around 1:10. We started making our way, very quickly, towards the LMA theater.

We made it to the theater with a lot of other people who were streaming in. Everyone was walking ALL the way around the back of the theater and to the opposite side. I saw a set of stairs that I thought would lead to seats, but nobody else was going that way. Usually we are not sheep just following the crowd, and we were very tempted to go that way, but we “lost” our nerve and just kept going… We finally made it to the bleachers for the show.

Lights, Motor, Action stadium is a very hot place to be at 1:20 on a July afternoon!

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg

Ben liked the show most of all. The rest of us thought it was alright. Good to see every couple of years or so.

We lost someone in the Twilight Zone!

After LMA, we used our Fast Passes for Toy Story Mania. There were no more FP available for the day at that point- no surprise there! Next we made our way to Tower of Terror. Ben was getting pretty tired, and the whole way there he was saying he didn’t want to go on. We all handed in our FP and got into line. I hoped that Ben would change his mind when it came time to ride. Sometimes he does that. But at every turn, he said “there’s a CM, tell him I don’t want to ride”. Finally, it was time to board the elevator. Last chance! Ben just didn’t want to do it. So he and Mark decided it was time to pack it in and return to the Beach Club.

Nate and I rode ToT. When the ride was over, I looked down at the empty seats and screamed “Oh my God, we lost someone!” I must have sounded concerned, because a nice woman turned to me and said “Don’t worry, Dear. They didn’t get on the ride”

Then Nate and I used our FP to ride Rock-N-Roller Coaster twice in a row.
On the way out, Nate wanted a frozen icee drink. So I let him get it, with a condition. I saw a photopass photographer and told him I wanted to stop and get a few photos. He agreed, but I would have let him get the icee anyway!

Photo0131.jpg

Photo0135.jpg

Photo0142.jpg

We got onto the boat to Beach Club and returned to our room to relax. When the concierge lounge opened at 4:00, we tried some of the evening appetizers: chicken on a stick, crab rangoons, olives, cheese, crudités, beer.

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

I don’t have many cliffhangers in my report, but it is time for one now!

What are we going to do tonight? We have lots of options.

A swim?

Extra Magic Hours at Animal Kingdom, 6-9?

Return to Hollywood Studios?

Stroll around the World Showcase at EPCOT and watch Illuminations?

Head to MK for the Electrical Light Parade and Nightastic?

Hang around the Boardwalk?

Stay out in our room and watch Wipeout?

And most importantly… WHAT ARE WE GOING TO EAT!!!

Coming soon: The rest of our day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter