3rd Annual Canobie Lake Park meet--Sunday, June 24, 2007

Nope, no time has been put in place. I think that last year we did two time frames, so that those going in the morning could all meet up at a set time and then a later timed meet in the afternoon. That seemed to work out pretty well. Stay tuned...I'm sure we'll come up with some times to meet up.

BTW....we have info about our fall Boston meet up...head over and let us know what date works best for you all!!

where have you met before? i believe their hours that day are 11am-10pm - do they have a group rate? do you usually stay all day/night? pack lunches?
im interested in coming along but id need to be someones taglong as most likely i'll be a solo

I think that last year we met up at park opening, right inside the entrance, then again a bit later at lunchtime. Then, we got together late afternoon for the later arrivals.
We didn't get a group rate or anything. Just paid the regular admission. We bought lunch there in the park. We stayed till closing if I remember correctly. Or at least it was pretty late when we left.
I already have to pick up some others and have a full car at this point. Perhaps someone else has room in their car?

Yep, we had two meeting times because I remember some people couldn't make it until after opening, so we had a second time around lunch. We pretty much just hang together and last year the lines were so long it really gave us a chance to socialize while waiting for rides. Later in the day, some just hung out and blabbed while others went off to do more rides and we would find them right where we left them.

It really is a pretty laid back DIS Meet where if you want to hang with the group the whole day you can, but if you want to meet up then do your own thing for a while and meet up again later, that works too. It's all good :hippie: :hippie:

Hope you can make it, Barbara. I enjoyed meeting you at Southwick's :)

thanks - i am planning on attending (also planning on calling in sick the following day)
have my own car so thats not a problem - will be hanging out w/everyone once i get there

maryann - I enjoyed meeting you too - Southwicks was fun as Im sure CLP will be too

BTW....we have info about our fall Boston meet up...head over and let us know what date works best for you all!!
Ahem. Apparently some people are not yet aware that the date with the most votes is NOT a Fall date? Yep, that's right. Autumn starts at 1:34 AM on September 23, 2007,,,,

I'll arrange for meeting places soon. I've been so busy at work that I haven't had time to deal with it.

Ahem. Apparently some people are not yet aware that the date with the most votes is NOT a Fall date? Yep, that's right. Autumn starts at 1:34 AM on September 23, 2007,,,,

Well then....I'm seriously considering just calling Sept 23, 2007 the official DIS Boston meet day!!! Is there any way you are going to be able to get to any of our meets Ronda??? Come on girl, you know you want to, you really do!!!

we're getting closer - anyone want to decide on times?

We'll try to get those done over the weekend...I'm sure some of us are going to be there right at park opening anyway, and then hanging until the bitter end.

Looks like I'm not going to make it for park opening! I may be a bit tardy since I have to be at church until about 10:15ish...I have to be there to sing one particular piece of music and then I'm outa there!!! But, I don't think I can be there for opening!

I am going to be coming down from N Conway, NH and I can be there for 10:45 (I think they let you in a bit ealier than posted opening) and can meet others just inside the park (by the pool).

Did we want to set up a second meet place time for a little later in the day??

Well, September 23 is out, too - I'm going away somewhere that entire week... let me think,,, where is it again? Oh, yeah - I'm going to Disney World!!!

But Canobie Lake Park looks promising...

I am going to be coming down from N Conway, NH and I can be there for 10:45 (I think they let you in a bit ealier than posted opening) and can meet others just inside the park (by the pool).

Did we want to set up a second meet place time for a little later in the day??

Perhaps we can meet for lunch at that lunch place we were at last year? We could plan on meeting about 1:00 or so, then again late afternoonish, for those who arrive after lunch.

Well, September 23 is out, too - I'm going away somewhere that entire week... let me think,,, where is it again? Oh, yeah - I'm going to Disney World!!!

But Canobie Lake Park looks promising...

I am so NOT feeling badly for you, I am not!!!!! Where's that tongue sticking out smilie!!!??? But I sure do hope you can make it to CLP...I would love to finally meet you!

1045/11am at the pool area sounds good

whats the lunch place youre referring to?

I'll post official times and meet places tomorrow when I have time to look at the map.

I was looking at the map yesterday, and it looks like they took out the pool.

1045/11am at the pool area sounds good

whats the lunch place youre referring to?

I *think* it was the International Food Plaza

I'll post official times and meet places tomorrow when I have time to look at the map.

I was looking at the map yesterday, and it looks like they took out the pool.

Well, I'm not surprised...I don't think I ever saw anyone in it. I guess that won't work for a meeting place will it? :rotfl:

Most likely when they added the water park area, no one wanted to be a regular ole pool!!!
And yes, that was the spot we ate at.

OK, how does this sound for the official meet times:

11:00 a.m.--In front of the Carousel, which is right inside the entrance to the right. (Please note that I will not be at this meet because my ride thinks singing at church is more important than getting me to the meet on time--hehe).

12:30 p.m.--the International Food Plaza

5:00 p.m.--at the big fountain behind the entrance to the sky ride, not far from the Vertigo Theatre

It seems like we have a smaller group this year, so we may even decide not to bother with the 5:00 p.m. meet if we are all hanging out together anyways.

Let me know what you all think of this

OK, how does this sound for the official meet times:

11:00 a.m.--In front of the Carousel, which is right inside the entrance to the right. (Please note that I will not be at this meet because my ride thinks singing at church is more important than getting me to the meet on time--hehe).

12:30 p.m.--the International Food Plaza

5:00 p.m.--at the big fountain behind the entrance to the sky ride, not far from the Vertigo Theatre

It seems like we have a smaller group this year, so we may even decide not to bother with the 5:00 p.m. meet if we are all hanging out together anyways.

Let me know what you all think of this

Hey, sometimes you just gotta prioritize!!! I'll know better tomorrow after church. I need to see who is going to be singing before I can take it off completely. As some of you are aware, I have a very big mouth....if I'm gone from the choir loft, it can leave a gaping hole in certain pieces of music. But, if there are enough sopranos there, then I can beat feet to pick up her most royal highness, the queen of all things DIS...oh, and I'll swing by and pick you up too Karen!!!!!:rolleyes1

Meet times and places sound good to me!! See you all in a bit more than a week!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter