3500 An Autistic Boy's Ten-Year Romance With Snow White

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by WorldWacky, Feb 18, 2013.

1. WorldWacky

WorldWacky DIS Veteran

I just started reading this book and thought others might be interested in it. I know that many people loved the podcast that "our Ben" did with the team. This is the story of another autistic young man told by his father who happens to be a dis'er. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2935912 Some of you may have heard how he was the last person to get to ride on Snow White's Scary Adventures before it closed.

I was able to get the Kindle version from Amazon. It never ceases to amaze me how "one man's dream" continues to affect so many people. :goodvibes

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SueM in MN

SueM in MN combining the teacups with a roller coaster Moderator

I enjoyed the blog posts and thought Ben's dad was a really good writer and should do a book. Glad to hear he did:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

4. roomthreeseventeen

roomthreeseventeen Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

I just finished the book and loved it. What a wonderful, sweet story.

5. Lokheed

Lokheed Earning My Ears

Oh hey, thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. I tried to post about it, but the mods (correctly and understandably) deleted the post as advertising.

Thanks so much for reading, and if you were so motivated to leave an honest review of the book on Amazon I would be appreciative.

6. WorldWacky

WorldWacky DIS Veteran

I'm only halfway through, but so far it has made me both tear up and laugh out loud. :goodvibes I'll be sure to leave a review when I'm finished. Good job, Lokheed. :thumbsup2

7. jdcthree

jdcthree DIS Veteran

I just found this book on Amazon while searching for something else. I was so excited I came here to see if anyone had posted about it! When I saw the title I immediately thought, "this has to be the boy I read about on the Dis." I wish you great success. :)

8. Lokheed

Lokheed Earning My Ears

Thank you so much!

If anyone is interested, I am running a free promotion for the Kindle version from Thursday, May 2nd through Monday, May 6th. The complete book, absolutely free, no strings attached.

9. jdcthree

jdcthree DIS Veteran

Awesome!! I was thinking about getting the Kindle version if I couldn't get it at the library. Thanks so much for letting us know.

10. WaltD4Me

WaltD4Me <font color=royalblue>PS...I tried asking for wate

Excited to see this thread. Can't wait to read the book. I debated about the Kindle version, but I collect Disney books and of course this needs to be part of the collection. Sadly, I won't get my copy until Monday though.

11. limace

limace DIS Veteran

So excited! You've written about this on metafilter, haven't you?

12. Lokheed

Lokheed Earning My Ears

13. roomthreeseventeen

roomthreeseventeen Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

I would totally make a post on the blue! Wow, so many Mefite DIS'ers :)

14. Lokheed

Lokheed Earning My Ears

By all means feel free. I can't do it myself for obvious reasons. If you need supporting links I would be happy to give you some suggestions, but knock yourself out.

15. Lokheed

Lokheed Earning My Ears

For anyone interested, the Kindle version of 3500 is absolutely free for the next five days from May 2nd through May 6th. Absolutely free, no strings attached, just pop over to Amazon and grab your copy.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BFTDHV4

16. Disney Khi

Disney Khi DIS Veteran

Thank you! I just downloaded this to read on a trip I'm taking this weekend. I followed the story on the boards and am looking forward to reading the book.

17. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

I just downloaded this a minute ago and I am really looking forward to reading it.

I have a 7 year old son on the autism spectrum and Disney World means so much to him.

When I left the house this morning, there are three monorail tracks set up and running in my livingroom, dining room and hallway since DS is obsessed with them!