Headed up or down with your points? ⬆︎ ⬇︎

Are you looking to add on points, looking to sell some, or are you happy with what you've got?

• Looking to buy / add-on more points

Votes: 37 43.0%
  • Happy with what I’ve got, thank you

Votes: 45 52.3%
  • Looking to sell / reduce points

Votes: 4 4.7%

• Total voters

DVC Mike

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Headed up or down with your points? ⬆︎ ⬇︎

http://i235.*************************************BuyDVC/HeadedUpOrDown.png

The number of points I’ve owned over the years has fluctuated up and down. Since becoming a member, I’ve purchased 27 contracts and sold 17 contracts. I assume I don’t represent the average DVC owner.

People add-on points for various reasons. They:
  • Want to vacation more at Disney
  • Want to upgrade to a larger room
  • Want to add another home resort

Similarly, people sell off points for various reasons. They:
  • Want to vacation less at Disney
  • No longer need larger accommodations
  • Decided they want to change home resorts
  • Must sell due to changes to their financial situation

What about you? Are you looking to add on points, looking to sell some, or are you presently happy with the points you have?

http://i235.*************************************BuyDVC/BuySellOrHappy.png

http://i235.*************************************Misc/MiscDiscPolls.png

Purchasing DVC
DVC Resorts
Renting Points
Using Your DVC Membership
Just for Fun
http://i235.************************************************************* DVC Mike - *******.com

Well, kinda both. We just bought 100 PBV points to get us to 500 but are selling 50 BLT points to get is back down to 450. We may eventually buy another 50 at BCV, we'll see.

I reluctantly went with looking to add more points.

Even though I live in Orlando now, I'm using all my current points for Aulani. Since I want to go annually and stay in a really nice unit for 10+ days I'm going to need to do another add on.

Looking to add here as well...as soon as we find that perfect VGF and AKL contract...

Still building up our BLT ownership to accomodate annual trips in larger accommodations.

As we slowly approach full retirement we are looking to add on but not at these prices. We will be patient and have time on our side for now. If and when prices come in we will most likely jump on an SSR contract. Time will tell.

Bought what was comfortable last year. As soon as I pay that off, I'll be adding on. Of course once the heat has come off the prices.

I would be, but my issue is our Can$ is in the tank so adding another 30% is not feasible. But always on the look out .

Happy for the moment, but we just added 230 points, bringing us to a total of 830, which is theoretically enough.:D

Happy where we are 670 points. We are not going this year and it has made me think about selling because the vacations we are taking are awesome. I also realize that within the next 8 - 10 years DH and I will be retiring so we will have more time do all vacations! lol My original plan was 1000 by retirement but not with todays prices I am happy where I am!

Although I am technically happy with what we have (340), i voted for add-on because we just added on last week! We were at 240. We alternate Aulani and WDW each summer (coming from southern CA), and I never had enough left to stay at the Grand Californian!

Added 240 more this year and that's all I plan on doing. Finally got a small BWV contract. I am happy about that. I am normally a bargain shopper, but these prices at WDW are just way too high now.

I'm probably in the minority as I only have my 300 VGF points. But I've not been a member for a full year yet so I have time.....:rolleyes1

We are looking to add on at VGC - we are not in a hurry and are waiting for the "perfect" VGC contract to come along on the resale market: right use year, right number of points.

Started with 200 in 2006 and had 505 just 2 months ago (7 contracts in total at 4 home resorts). But we just sold (closed yesterday) a contract of 100 points and now we're down to 405 points (6 contracts in total at 3 home resorts). We're fine with what we have so I put happy with what we have...BUT...I am always up for adding on and did want a few more at BWV (but also am interested to see what happens with VWL). 450-475 might be a good end number for me.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter