30 years? How is that possible? Recap last day at Disney (8/14)

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by KatMark, Jul 13, 2013.

1. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

Signing on. Thanks for the heads-up Kathy! I'll try to keep up.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. solana131

solana131 DIS Veteran

Sorry I'm late, but I'm here for the ride! Can't wait to meet you finally :worship:

4. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

You've never eaten at Sci Fi? Try the onion rings...they are awesome.

They serve Starbucks coffee in one of the establishments...I don't recall which one. But I don't drink just straight coffee; I drink cappucinos and they don't make them. I also beeline for Starbucks when I get off the plane in Orlando since I know I won't have it for awhile. Although, now I will, since they opened it on Main Street.

The theme is so much fun, Bob. When we used to do the dining plan, we always did that one and Plaza as our OOP meals. The walking the parks would take it right back off of you.

Thanks.

It's a small world...you celebrated your 30th the same place we are. Happy Belated 30th to you.

It was a sad, sad situation. She lost her mother this past November, and then her husband got ill late April of this year and died last week.

Thank you, Rosie. I will recommend the Oreo Cookie Milkshake to Mark. As well as the cheesecake (I don't eat cheesecake, but he loves it).

Love the onion rings, the milkshakes, the burgers are good and Mark loves the Reuben sandwich...he says it is a tie between the one there and the one at the Plaza.

Glenn, come by whenever you can; delighted as always to have you join us.

Suzi, I can't wait to meet you and your adorable son.

5. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

I figured before I go back to the Girls Trip Report, I'd finish up Day 2 on the PTR.

After our lunch at Sci Fi and finishing up whatever we hadn't been able to get done that morning, we will be heading here:

[​IMG]

I'm sure Soarin' fastpasses will be gone by the time we get here and probably Test Track too (although I really don't care if we skip Test Track the entire trip...was not a fan of the new ride at all).

I'm sure we will at least try to do these:

[​IMG]

We may even stop and watch this. It's not a bad film, although it could use an updating (we try to do it every other year because we feel so bad that no one ever seems to go in there):

[​IMG]

And we'll try to do these as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We then have a dinner reservation here:

[​IMG]
    (BORROWED FROM THE DIS HOME PAGE)

It's been a few years since we have eaten at Rose & Crown and we are looking forward to going back. Mark loves to try the beer flight.

After that, we'll probably roam a little bit in World Showcase before heading back to the resort. We have an early morning again the next monring.

6. PhoenixStrength

PhoenixStrength Waiting for my fairytale!

I definitely want to try the new TT my next trip. I missed the soft opening by one day last trip. From what I hear I may not like it, but I do want to at least try it.

That shot of SSE is fantastic!!!

The only two TS I've eaten in Epcot are Coral Reef in December and Biergarten in 2008. I do have an ADR for Via Napoli for September, nad I have eaten at the CS in Mexico and America though. Rose and Crown is one I keep thinking I might like, but I'm not sure.

7. apainterxx44

apainterxx44 Mouseketeer

I'm a new reader and I am SUPER excited to follow this TR!

8. FloridaDreaming

FloridaDreaming Mouseketeer

Kathy,
    I dislike everything about the new Test Track. To the point where I may never ride it again. I understand it needed a fresh look. It just does nothing for me. And I didn't like that I had to "work" before I got on the ride. I'm not a car person. I did beat Tony who put way more work into designing his lol.

I may be the only crazy one here but, Spaceship Earth seems weightless. Every time I see a pic, or better yet, see it in person, it looks like I could pluck it right off the stands and take it home with me. And I would, too. ;)

9. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

It's been a long time since we've seen the Lion King whatever it's real name movie is at EPCOT. Maybe we should duck in there so John can take a nap next trip. ;)

I'm anxious to hear how you like Rose & Crown. The last time we ate there, it was just so-so. Seemed a bit bland but we like our stuff a little spicy.

10. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

They have a beer flight at the R&C? Why did I NOT know that? :confused3 I really enjoyed my last meal there. Lots of fun and good food.

11. EstherS

EstherS Mouseketeer

A little late, but I'm here to follow along.

12. WDWaddictt

WDWaddictt DIS Veteran

Sounds like fun! I do like Test Track though, more then Soarin' but that is just my opinion. Everyone is different. I think Soarin' would be better if they update the movie and screen.

I love R&C, especially during the fireworks. Amazing! Food is pretty good too!

13. Chicago Mo

Chicago Mo DIS Veteran

Love day two! DHS is my 2nd favorite park (after MK) !!!!! :thumbsup2

I hope your Friend is doing well after her loss..

Sci-fi have you had the pasta?! My favorite. never had the onion rings. that just made my list too....

I haven't seen your slushie yet...

I think i am most excited to see new hat pictures...

14. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

We are at 30 days!!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

[​IMG]

15. dizneeat

dizneeat DIS Veteran

I share your excitement, Kathy! We're at 21 ourselves. ;) And still unhappy that we will miss you AGAIN by just a few days. :sad1:

16. lovethattink

lovethattink DIS Veteran

I'm interested to hear how you like Rose and Crown. I'm dying to try it there, but the picky eater in me and my family tells my head its not a good choice. Chances are that dh and I would get the fish and chips. And I hear that you only get 1 fish with the meal at R&C, but double the fish for $8+ if you buy it at the stand outside. I'd hope I'd be more adventurous than fish and chips if we ate there.

17. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

I am really hoping to go to R&C on our Dec trip. Given that we have 3 different ressies there I hope the chances are good but you never know :rotfl2:

Plans are looking really good!

18. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Really? I would have thought you'd been to more places. I've not done Via Napoli yet; we keep putting it on the list and then taking it off because pizza and I (I should say red sauce) and I don't always agree.

:jumping1::welcome: always delighted to have a new reader.

It does look that way, doesn't it? I love when people have their photo taken in front of it as if they are holding it up.

We have eaten at Rose & Crown numerous times; it's just been about five years since we last did. I'm not a spicy lover so it will suit me. :)

MEK, it's either a beer flight or a beer sampler (7 little glasses). We've always enjoyed the food there.

Better late than never. :goodvibes Glad to have you here.

The last time we ate there we had an outside table and watched Illuminations (I think that's the last time we saw Illuminations!).

I figured I'd save the slushie for our full Epcot day. :)

19. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

I know...I can't believe we miss you by a few days again. One of these days our trip will overlap, I hope.

Tink, we've eaten there numerous times and have never had a bad meal. It's been awhile and I'm hoping that hasn't changed.

Thanks, Cynthia.

20. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

It is now Sunday, August 18 (use your imagination, people :lmao:).

We will not be having breakfast in the room this morning as we have my favorite breakfast ADR at 8:10 a.m. Where might that be you ask? Well, here of course:

[​IMG]

And I will be having plenty of this for my breakfast:

[​IMG]

I am sure we will hit up several of our favorites after breakfast:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We will do some window shopping and I'm sure try on a few of these beauties:

[​IMG]

After that, we have a lunch ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern. We've not been there since 2007 or 2008. Mark's been itching to go back so I booked it for him.

After lunch, we will head back to OKW for a rest lounging at the pool or playing in the water:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that, we'll head back to the MK for evening Extra Magic Hours where we will try to hit up some more favorites:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some more of this:

[​IMG]

I've also got it on my list to see the Main Street Electrical Parade this evening since we have not seen it since they brought it back and it brings back memories of our visits with the kids in tow. The park closes (the last time I checked) at 10 p.m. which means EMH's until midnight. We will see if these two old folks can last that long. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

21. lovethattink

lovethattink DIS Veteran

Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree Tavern sound like you will be eating good! We ate at LTT recently and I enjoyed it. I ended up getting fish, it was some kind of mahi mahi. It was incredible, but they were soon switching the menu to salmon as the fish.

Sounds like a nice mix of attractions and pool time. MSEP will be a nice way to end the day.