30 pounds by Oct, who's with me??

I too have gotten off track. We had major layoffs at work. DH and I were both sweating bullets. People we worked with for 14 years were let go. Since then I have been moved to second shift. Making it impossible to hit the gym with DH. Our only solution is going to be for me to meet DH at the gym after he gets off work,in the am, interrupting my sleep. Neither of us has been very motivated to lose. I am hoping to get back on track and even though I probably wont make the October deadline. I am hoping by the time we go in March that I will be down quite a bit. Congrats to everyone who has done so well!

checking in! hope all is well! Gator Kate hope you are feeling better! Still on my 2 week atkins induction and can't wait for it to be over! second time around is even harder!!!! but to date I have lost 16 pounds and I will count it from March and not June. Everyone at work is starting to notice so its nice to hear! keeps me motivated. I moved my goal to 140 and wont be disappointed if I get to 145. I am at 147 right now. good luck everyone!

Off the Atkins diet for the final time! hate that diet. My weight loss overall is about 17 pounds. My husband tonight says I can see the weight loss in your face. lol:rotfl2: wondering how long my face has been heavy:confused3:rotfl2:
I am going back to zumba tomorrow and am pleasantly surprised and happy they are opening a plant fitness right by my zumba place:)
hope all is well, didnt want our thread to get lost....

Checking in for my weekly Tuesday weigh in.

No loss or gain this week. I'm not surprised because I didn't exercise 3/6 workout days and I ate like crap! It was just one of those weeks were the cravings got the best of me. I'm setting a goal for 5lbs in the next 3 weeks!

Hope everyone is doing well. Zumba sounds like fun-but I'm too afraid to try (after a bad experience with a Step class:crazy2: )

:cool1: I think I finally have the right mindset this time. So far so good.
I have been cleaning and decluttering the past few weeks, preparing to put the house up for sale. I am encountering lots of unflattering photos of myself, in many stages of weight loss/gain. It has me motivated to end this struggle once and for all!

back to decluttering for now, took the day off from work, weekends aren't long enough:confused3

luvmikids said:
Off the Atkins diet for the final time! hate that diet. My weight loss overall is about 17 pounds. My husband tonight says I can see the weight loss in your face. lol:rotfl2: wondering how long my face has been heavy:confused3:rotfl2:
I am going back to zumba tomorrow and am pleasantly surprised and happy they are opening a plant fitness right by my zumba place:)
hope all is well, didnt want our thread to get lost....

Lol! I know what you mean about the face! Seeing my "heavy" face is what motivated me to change my lifestyle. I put my before picture right next to my 5 month later picture..and, Oh my goodness what a difference! Sad part is, I didn't even realize how big I had really become until seeing photos of myself! Yuck!!!

I'm almost afraid to say I lost another 2 lbs. because I might jinx it :-). My weight fluctuates a lot. But I'll be happy to claim the loss even if it's temporary. Good luck to the rest of you DIS dieters!

I'm almost afraid to say I lost another 2 lbs. because I might jinx it :-). My weight fluctuates a lot. But I'll be happy to claim the loss even if it's temporary. Good luck to the rest of you DIS dieters!

Congrats!! Sometimes when I see a lower number than I expect on the scales, I do gain a bit back, but over a week I end up back at the low number. I call it my "preview" weight of where I'll be in a week. lol It's really weird how that happens.

Congrats!! Sometimes when I see a lower number than I expect on the scales, I do gain a bit back, but over a week I end up back at the low number. I call it my "preview" weight of where I'll be in a week. lol It's really weird how that happens.

My weight ALWAYS does this! I officially weigh once a week b/c it's annoying to see it go down and then back up, but I'm starting to get used to it, so it doesn't bother me much when it pops back up a pound or so b/c it goes right back down a few days later. I think for me, it's related to my workout schedule. I'm usually up the day after working out, probably swollen muscles...

I'm down 18 so far since the start of this thread! 25 since March, when I was at my highest. I've never lost weight so effortlessly. It's not EASY, but it's SIMPLE. Calories in, calories out! 1500-1600 calories a day, working out 3x a week. :thumbsup2

It's not EASY, but it's SIMPLE. Calories in, calories out! 1500-1600 calories a day, working out 3x a week. :thumbsup2

I wish I had the patience and time to count calories. I've done it in the past and have had faster results. So good for you! I'm holding steady at 12 lbs. lost since early July, averaging about a pound a week. As they say, slow and steady wins the race :-)

Gator Kate said:
I wish I had the patience and time to count calories. I've done it in the past and have had faster results. So good for you! I'm holding steady at 12 lbs. lost since early July, averaging about a pound a week. As they say, slow and steady wins the race :-)

This is the first time I have counted where it is easy! I am using myfitnesspal and have the app on my phone, makes keeping track so simple! I dont think I would have continued this long if I had to look up everything on my own and write it down ! :)

I had a bad binge yesterday and weighed this morning to shock myself into submission. To my surprise I didn't go up. Hopefully it won't show up tomorrow. I vow to get back on track today!

Thought I would come back to the thread that sparked my interest and got me started on MFP. How is everyone?:wave2:

Now that I have begun this new journey to a healthier me I have been neglecting the DIS:sad1:

I started 40 days ago and feel great!:thumbsup2

It's such a simple concept, take in less calories than you burn.:scratchin

I guess for me I had to finally want it bad enough to make it work.:flower1:

I obviously didn't lose the 30 by October, knew that wasn't going to happen, but maybe by the New Year?:joker:

I just started MFP this week! I love it. I have a lot to lose 100+, that sounds so scary and I am so ashamed to admit it. I am taking the kids to WDW in March for Spring Break and I would like to be at least 30 pounds lighter by then. I would love 60 but I am being realistic and would be happy with 30. Best Wishes to everyone. I will try to post my progress so it keeps me accountable. :thumbsup2

Hi All,

Been meaning to post, just super busy. I'm a week away from my trip and 4 lbs. from my goal weight. Not gonna make it but happy with my progress. Planning to go again at Christmas so will shoot for that. Can we get an extension :-) ?

Thought I would come back to the thread that sparked my interest and got me started on MFP. How is everyone?:wave2:

Now that I have begun this new journey to a healthier me I have been neglecting the DIS:sad1:

I started 40 days ago and feel great!:thumbsup2

It's such a simple concept, take in less calories than you burn.:scratchin

I guess for me I had to finally want it bad enough to make it work.:flower1:

I obviously didn't lose the 30 by October, knew that wasn't going to happen, but maybe by the New Year?:joker:

I know exactly how you feel! It's SO SIMPLE! Not always easy, but simple! I feel fabulous and owe it to MFP. I'm down 22 pounds so far! :)

I just started MFP this week! I love it. I have a lot to lose 100+, that sounds so scary and I am so ashamed to admit it. I am taking the kids to WDW in March for Spring Break and I would like to be at least 30 pounds lighter by then. I would love 60 but I am being realistic and would be happy with 30. Best Wishes to everyone. I will try to post my progress so it keeps me accountable. :thumbsup2

Don't be ashamed, you are on the path now! I wish you much success, MFP was a game changer for me, I love it! :thumbsup2

Hi All,

Been meaning to post, just super busy. I'm a week away from my trip and 4 lbs. from my goal weight. Not gonna make it but happy with my progress. Planning to go again at Christmas so will shoot for that. Can we get an extension :-) ?

CONGRATS! 4 pounds from your goal is fantastic! Have a magical trip!!! pixiedust:

Hi All,

I'd love to keep it up too. I've found this group very motivating to stay on track and I have more to lose. Going to weigh in this weekend though as I haven't updated my ticker in a long time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter