30/35/40% Pin....FINALLY!!!!!.......almost deleted!

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by hstrickland, Mar 8, 2010.

1. hstrickland

hstrickland Way Down South...

My husband just received our first pin that is good through Christmas. :dance3:We almost deleted it because we were not sure what to look for...the pin was in a weird place in small print. If it weren't for the DisBoards, I would have had no idea what we were receiving. Too bad we can't use it on our May trip. I already applied the public code to our ressies. Hopefully we can find a time to use it! I would hate to throw away a 40% off pin!!!! I now completely understand why people get so excited when they receive pins......what a great way to save money!

2. dd50

dd50 DIS Veteran

If the pin is better than the public why don't you apply it to your May trip.

3. spankysmom

spankysmom Mouseketeer

What kind of email do you usually receive a pin in?

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  5. Mrs D

Mrs D I realize most people don't hear editing.

Yea, you can always call and change it again! What did the email look like (like did it have a character etc...).

6. mlittig

mlittig DIS Veteran

It is very easy to call and modify your existing reservation especially if it will save you some money :wave: Congratulations on getting your pin :woohoo:

7. bnts1993

bnts1993 Mouseketeer

Yeah glad the pin fairy came your way! I hope you get to use it!

8. LittleStinkerbelle

LittleStinkerbelle DIS Veteran

Congrats!!!

What was the subject line of the email? (off to check the fine print of my deleted mail!!!)

9. hstrickland

hstrickland Way Down South...

The public code is the one that I applied to our May trip...40% off...saved around $1600!!! Basically this pin I received is the same except for the 30% off on Values. Think we are going to go again during October. Our schools have a Fall Break, so it should work out well.

The heading of our email was "Walt Disney World Magic is in your Hands!" Then is went through the 30, 35, 40% off stuff. Under the small print where it tells you when the rooms are available, it gave some weird letters with a number.

My husband basically did what the Boards said to do....register on the Disney Website, save a couple of trips, order the DVD, and every now and then play around on their website, delete trips, save other trips,....then WHAM....there appears a pin!!:wizard: We always book under my name and under my email account and never his. Thanks to Disboards and all the great advice, we received a pin!

10. DisneyDoc5

DisneyDoc5 Making memories...

happy for you, envious, waiting and hoping for one for October so we can stay Poly for the 1st time without the huge expense:thumbsup2