3 trips in 40 days: LET'S EAT! (tandem reviews): FLYING FISH CAFE! [updated 7/3/13]

Thanks for the yummy tour of WS

Disney have really helped to boost Flower & Garden with these food booths - I so wish I could visit !!

it's been so nice to re-live these food moments! i can't believe i ate all this food. :rotfl:

thanks for reading along linda! :3dglasses

I'm preparing my tummy for all the food were about to eat at Disney in 13 days.

Waiting on my flight to Atlanta as I was hired for a photo shoot saturday night in the city. Can't wait to return back home to the durty durty!

On the agenda for tonight: koreanized Chinese food which will include black bean noodles (jja jjang myun) spicy tofu with pork (mapa tofu) & pan fried dumplings (gun mandoo). Washing this down with some champagne.

Tomorrow: meeting friends for Ethiopian @ Queen of Sheba & I'm also in the mood for Lebanese for dinner.

Sunday: brunch with lots of bloody Mary's & we will probably end up at my favorite all you can eat Korean BBQ restaurant before flying home in the evening.

Happy Easter & eating everyone!!! :)

rachel09985 said:
Happy Easter to you too!!!!

See you soooon!!!

YES!!

image_zps57138d27.jpg

It's hard missing Easter with emme. :( hope Corey loved his Easter basket! :)

image_zpsadca3bfa.jpg

It's suppose to be in the upper 80's and 90 on Saturday during our trip. Emme's ready.

8 more days!! Soooo excited!! :)

Emme is just adorable..
We are counting the days too...but we are in the 30's..
it is freezing in Maine so that makes me that anxious for Disney..
Are you going to eat anyplace special this trip?
We only made three reservations.
Crystal Palace,
Polynesian Luau
and Biergarten.
The rest we will eat where we are at..
Thanks again

Emme is just adorable..
We are counting the days too...but we are in the 30's..
it is freezing in Maine so that makes me that anxious for Disney..
Are you going to eat anyplace special this trip?
We only made three reservations.
Crystal Palace,
Polynesian Luau
and Biergarten.
The rest we will eat where we are at..
Thanks again

thank you! florida weather is so bipolar but i'm really hoping the weather holds up & stays warm. it would be really nice to swim in the resort pool and relax. i bet you are ready to leave that cold weather! i'd love to read about the luau after you return.

here are our confirmed adr's for our trip!

Day 1: Arrival Afternoon [April 11, 2013]

DINNER: Hollywood Brown Derby

after dinner, we will be attending Fantasmic!

Day 2: Epcot Day [April 12, 2013]

BREAKFAST: Supercalifragilistic Breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare
LUNCH: Snacks at the Flower & Garden Festival
DINNER: Snacks at the Flower & Garden Festival

we have also talked about possibly making a pit stop at "TUTTO GUSTO" for a cheese platter or two.

Day 3: Magic Kingdom Day [April 13, 2013]

BREAKFAST: Chef Mickey's Fun Time Buffet Breakfast @ The Contemporary
LUNCH: Garden View Tea Room @ The Grand Floridian
DINNER: CS in Magic Kingdom

we also have reservations for the TOMORROWLAND TERRACE DESSERT PARTY as well & participating in our own MONORAIL PUB CRAWL!!:rotfl:

Day 4: Animal Kingdom Day [April 14, 2013]

BREAKFAST: Beignets & coffee @ Port Orleans
LUNCH: Sanaa
DINNER: Flying Fish Cafe

Day 5: Departing day [April 13, 2013]
BREAKFAST: Kona Cafe & The Polynesian
LUNCH: Quite possibly somewhere in Magic Kingdom

a great line up for your next visit..

We have gone to Chef Mickeys Mothers day Brunch many years ago..I think maybe six years ago. But there seems to be nothing special like that this trip..SO we will wing it..

The luau has been one of our favorites (I know reading the reviews People dont care for it) but we love it.
this will probably be our six luau...They have changed it to appeal to everyone...
THE food is very good. OUR last luau was two years ago and our son, his wife and two munchkins went with us. The grandkids (are usually picky) so the waitress brought them mac and cheese and chicken nuggets. BUT they loved the luau spread...They love brocolli so they ate most of the veggies on the table.

Will update the Luau when we are there...
HAVE FUN ON YOUR TRIP

a great line up for your next visit..

We have gone to Chef Mickeys Mothers day Brunch many years ago..I think maybe six years ago. But there seems to be nothing special like that this trip..SO we will wing it..

The luau has been one of our favorites (I know reading the reviews People dont care for it) but we love it.
this will probably be our six luau...They have changed it to appeal to everyone...
THE food is very good. OUR last luau was two years ago and our son, his wife and two munchkins went with us. The grandkids (are usually picky) so the waitress brought them mac and cheese and chicken nuggets. BUT they loved the luau spread...They love brocolli so they ate most of the veggies on the table.

Will update the Luau when we are there...
HAVE FUN ON YOUR TRIP

We will be at Disney next Thursday! I can't wait!

I'm interested in the luau...I will be awaiting your report. :)

I've had both good & bad experiences at chef mickeys for dinner. This is a breakfast ADR and its early so I hope it isn't an epic fail. Fingers crossed!

image_zpsd1351d07.jpg

Here's emme today at school. She brought her baby Duffy & Ariel sunglasses to ballet class today. :)

updated 4/6/13

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN: 5 DAYS!!

our trip to disney is 5 days away! emme & i are so excited to see rachel & enjoy disney together. i've been so busy with work, editing photos (i was flown out to atlanta for a photography gig last weekend & editing spring photos for clients) and tonight, i'm bartending a fundraising event at our contemporary museum. and with that i cannot wait to finally get down to disney with the only agenda of having FUN!

emme & i had a date night last night & saw "disney on ice: dare to dream". the event had perfect timing & got the both of us so amped for disney.

when we arrived, they told me i couldn't bring my camera & i had to return it to my car. returning to the car was not an option so i waited a few minutes & entered a very long line with people eager to get inside. needless to say, i got my camera in!

we were taken to our seats. we had "dream seats" and were only 2 rows from the ice but there were very tall people sitting in front of us. so, after 5 minutes into the show, emme & i moved to these 4 empty chairs right in the front with no obstructed view. SCORE!

here are some pictures i wanted to share:

IMG_0825-3_zps8ba2ea31.jpg

and we started with tiana. she was beautiful!

IMG_0840-3_zps9459f4c6.jpg

IMG_0851-3_zps576ebd2b.jpg

IMG_0879-3_zpscba49676.jpg

then the story moved to:

IMG_0901-3_zps39339bd9.jpg

IMG_0916-3_zps3398b7c3.jpg

IMG_0960-3_zps3c9bc721.jpg

IMG_0968-3_zps7f425e52.jpg

IMG_0993-3_zps915ec7ac.jpg

the cinderella story was so well done. she even had a sparkling boot for her glass slipper. this prince was so much better than the prince that was 1900 park fare.

and this story stole the show:

IMG_1100-3_zps4456e2bc.jpg

IMG_1148-3_zps23c974a8.jpg

IMG_1149-3_zpsed91aa95.jpg

IMG_1224-3_zps1b5243ad.jpg

IMG_1318-3_zpsfaa25fe8.jpg

the lights!

and for the finale, we were surprised with so many disney princesses dressed in gorgeous dresses!

IMG_1322-3_zpsb64c037f.jpg

IMG_1344-3_zpscdb651f1.jpg

IMG_1366-3_zps48be17e1.jpg

IMG_1375-3_zps741dbeea.jpg

IMG_1402-3_zps5a1df1ba.jpg

IMG_1414-3_zps10fe0f5c.jpg

ariel was there too but i didn't get a decent picture.

IMG_1480-3_zpsa73e3209.jpg

IMG_1427-3_zps2bda6b74.jpg

IMG_1508-3_zpsafb0067f.jpg

and finally:

IMG_1538-3_zps75830f00.jpg

IMG_1553-3_zps1e553286.jpg

we had such a wonderful experience. this production was leaps & bounds better than toy story on ice. all the princesses were beautiful & there was so much thought that went into this show. i highly recommend it!

5 days & counting until we stuff our faces...again!

Great Disney on Ice pictures! The characters look much better than previous Disney on Ice performances I have been to!

Hi there! I've followed you on Jabead's live thread but I'm joining in for the fun for your upcoming trip with Rachel. Sounds like you guys will have a blast. I'm looking forward to hearing about your monorail crawl. :lmao:

Emme is so adorable! What great memories you are making with Emme with these trips... you are truly blessed. :goodvibes

Your photos are amazing so between you and Rachel - wow! This will be so good. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter