3 or 4 or 5 day cruise?

Which is best for first time cruisers? A 3 or 4 or 5 day Disney cruise? It will be me, DH, DS age 13 and DD age 7.

I woulkd suggest to do either the 4 or 5 day. The three day is really just 2 days on board. You need that other full day to get a true feel for the ship. We did the three day and did not even have time for the kids to use the swimming pools. So we needed to book another and another and another. Now I can't seem to even feel complete with anything less than a 7 day cruise.

3 is WAY too short. We started with 4 nights before DCL had 7 night sailings...and moved to 7 as soon as they existed. I'm of the "longer the better" opinion.

3 nights is really only 2 1/2 days (you board about noon and are off by 9 am.) They try to cram all the most popular stuff into very few hours and people feel that they must "do it all." It's just crazy. I did one as part of a 4/3 bounceback, and wouldn't choose to do it again.

I agree with the others, 3 days is too short. 4 is probably good for a first cruise...our first was a 3, and way too short! We did a 4 and it was much better...then another 3 because we had to use a weekend because of work. TOO SHORT! Still fun but felt over before begun. Days at sea are fun and you don't get one with a 3 day unless you skip Nassau.

3 was too short for us, but 7 would have been too much(sorry, we liked it, but didnt' LOVE it)..... but the kids want to go on the dream, so I looked into 4 and 5. The 5 day cruises were so much more than the 4 day, costwise, we could go back to Discovery Cove(which is the most amazing day of vacation I have ever spent in my life)..... so we are doing the 4 day and then will do three days somewhere else(not sure yet... discovery cove, disney world or try universal).

We are doing a 3 day, just because it is what works best with our schedule and plans. We are doing a few days before at WDW, and want to do the cruise after, so our only choice, with DD school schedule is the 3 day after. I am definitely planning for our next one to be a 4 or 5 day one though. I already have a sneaky suspicion this will be no where near enough.

3 was too short for us, but 7 would have been too much(sorry, we liked it, but didnt' LOVE it)..... but the kids want to go on the dream, so I looked into 4 and 5. The 5 day cruises were so much more than the 4 day, costwise, we could go back to Discovery Cove(which is the most amazing day of vacation I have ever spent in my life)..... so we are doing the 4 day and then will do three days somewhere else(not sure yet... discovery cove, disney world or try universal).

I don't know how to relate to 7 days being too much. I am sure it is because I am an addict and have OMD (Obessive Mouse Disorder) Now mind you there can be many thing worse but I just can't get enough.

We are doing a 3 day, just because it is what works best with our schedule and plans. We are doing a few days before at WDW, and want to do the cruise after, so our only choice, with DD school schedule is the 3 day after. I am definitely planning for our next one to be a 4 or 5 day one though. I already have a sneaky suspicion this will be no where near enough.

I will pray that your heart in Iraq remains safe until it's return home. Have you considered the educational value of a cruise? We took the grandkids out of school for a week until they got into middle and high school. Our schools were find with it at that point.

Many parents have the kids read about the ports of call before leaving and to ask the cast members about their homes from all around the world. They could even put together a complete report with pictures and data from the Cast Members and ports.

I too believe you are right and you will want to return as often as your schedule and budget will allow.

I don't know how to relate to 7 days being too much. I am sure it is because I am an addict and have OMD (Obessive Mouse Disorder) Now mind you there can be many thing worse but I just can't get enough.

haha... I think there are people who are cruise people... then some who are like me, like it but didnt' LOVE it... and then those who dont' like cruising. Yes, I agree, there are many people who can't get enough of it. On sea days when I have taken 7 day cruises before, one day was ok to relax, any more than that I felt like I was trapped on the boat, like someone dropping you off at some building for a week and not letting you out. So I fall in the like it... but 4 days is enough and there is so much to do in Orlando, so I prefer to cruise and do other things too. Just my opinion. popcorn::

We did a 3-day last year and I agree that it was way too short. We decided to stay on the ship to enjoy it on the day we were in Nassau. The next day we were unable to dock at Castaway Cay since the winds were too strong. So that meant another day at sea, which was fine, but we never made it off the ship to a beach. Next time we'll do at least a 5-day. Plus with the 3-day as others have said, everything was crammed in. We stayed up late to see the princesses, do the Pirate Party, etc and never really had any down time. The kids were exhausted!

We decided to do a 4 day because we could not justify the extra $2,000 cost for the double dip cruise. We felt that was a lot of money for one extra day on the ship. I know that a lot of people LOVE CC. We had a great time there too, don't get me wrong, but we felt that was a lot of money... (Now when DH is dragging me off the Dream kicking and screaming I may feel differently :rotfl2:)

I think we may take the money that we did not spend on the extra night and put it towards days at WDW or Discovery Cove, ect before the trip....

I am def. in the minority here but I love 3 day cruises. Going on my 3rd one next week :goodvibes The price has been right, it easily fits into our crazed everyday life schedule, and I love having so many choices to choose from (pick what appeals to us and don't worry about the rest and we don't do excursions so we really enjoy all of the time on the ship). My kids are 11 and 8 and it seems to me that this amount of time is just right for them to be relaxed and enjoy a break. We stayed in Disney last summer for 5 nights/6 days and by the 4th day they were homesick, irritable, and ready to leave -this is my personal reference that I don't want to cruise for a longer trip just yet. I guess it really depends on alot of variables and you know your family better than any of us - and your pocketbook too - so have fun with whatever length you choose.

For me, 4 days is plenty for a Bahamas cruise. I am not a beach person, so a 5-day cruise to double dip at Castaway Cay is of no interest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter