3 Nights and 2 Resorts!

Jenny Sanders

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! Just got back from 3 nights in WDW. We spent July 1st at the Hilton in Disney Springs and July 2nd to 4th at POFQ. Our party consisted of me, my husband, Joe and our 16 year old, twin daughters, Ali and Ashley. We went with the sole purpose of watching the fireworks on the 3rd of July. We didn't visit the parks, just spent a lot of time swimming, relaxing, eating and drinking...Actually, I lied. The kids ended up spending the evening of the 2nd at Animal Kingdom.

We arrived at the Hilton by 1 pm on July 1st (our flight was delayed an hour, because maintenance heard noises and had to pull panels from the plane). Yes, this totally freaked me out, because I HATE flying. When we did arrive, our room wasn't ready, so we headed to Disney Springs right after my oldest son, Matt surprised my daughters in the lobby (they had no idea that he and his girlfriend, Kari would be joining us).

We walked over to Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar for a few alcoholic beverages for those 21 and over. We also sampled from the new menu, which was AWESOME!!! We walked back to the hotel after a bit of shopping to find our room was ready. We freshened up, and walked back to Disney Springs for our dinner reservations at Morimoto Asia...

Last edited:
Sorry, had to pick up sushi for dinner. :car: Anyway, was a bit disappointed in Morimoto Asia. Service was poor and I didn't think the food was anything special. This really pains me to say, because this was the reservation I was most looking forward to.

After dinner, we popped into Sprinkles (what's with the ordering system? They made us stand in a line, in the rain, and only let about 5-6 people in at a time to place orders). Then popped into Ghirardelli's and Goofy's Candy Co. No, we didn't all get dessert from each place, it's just that everyone had a taste for something different, so we had to stop at 3 different places so everyone could be happy...

We did some more shopping, and then called it a night. I was able to snag 2, new Alex and Ani bracelets and a new Donney and Bourke purse ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo. Thanks Honey! I honestly have an awesome husband!!! The next morning we had breakfast reservations at Ohana and it was off to check into POFQ. YAY!!!

We were up bright and early on the 2nd to head over to the Polynesian for breakfast. I honestly did NOT want to eat at Ohana. I have found the food to be awful more than once. We originally had reservations at The Wave, but canceled, because my son, Matt really wanted to dine somewhere with characters (did I mention he will be 25 in January?). Boy, was I in for a surprise...the food was GREAT! The service and characters were really good too pluto::mickeyjum:stitch: (why not a Lilo emoji?). Hats off to Ohana. I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious everything was.

After breakfast, we walked around the resort, took some photos and headed over to French Quarter. Check in was a breeze. Our room wasn't ready, which was no big deal, because we all had our swim suits on under our clothes, with the intent to head over to the pool. This is the point where my sister, Julie, brother-in-law, Todd and 8 month old niece, Gia were joining us. They had NO idea Matt was in town, so he freaked the hell out of them when he surprised them by knocking on their room door (which ended up being ready as soon as they arrived at 11:00 am, and which ended up being next door to us). Hugs all around, and then they joined us at the pool. We swam, had some adult beverages, and grabbed lunch at Sassagoula. Our room was ready by 1 pm, so we called down to bell services for our bag deliveries, got settled, spent more time at the pool, then showered for dinner. We had reservations at Wolfgang Pucks Cafe...

Let me just say...if you haven't been to WGPC, I highly recommend it. Service and food were beyond words. The group of 8 of us ordered everything from calamari and crab cakes to flat bread pizzas and sushi. There was also a fair share of alcohol going around. What can I say...my sister, her husband and my husband LOVE red wine, and I'm a huge lover of sangria, doesn't matter if it's white or red (it was red this evening).:eeyore:

After dinner, Matt, Kari, Ali and Ashley decided to head off to Animal Kingdom. They figured the park was open for 6 more hours, so that's how they were going to spend their evening. The adults said our good byes to Matt and Kari (they were flying back home the next day), handed over some cash for tickets (because this was NOT planned ahead) and off they went. I thought it was a complete waste of money until they told me they were able to ride the night safari, Everest 4 times and Dinosaur 3 times. They could have done the Triceratops Spin and the whirly twirly ride (sorry, the name has escaped my mind), but they decided to beat the rush to the buses...

The adults, with my gorgeous niece, Gia decided we needed a night cap. So, we headed back to the Hangar Bar. We sat outside in the back, where there was a lovely breeze blowing, and ordered a round of drinks. I opted for water, because I was in charge of the baby (who, may I add, was PERFECT).

After the night caps, we adults were craving something sweet. So...we walked down to Goofy's Candy Co and picked up cake pops, rice krispy Mickey's and chocolate covered pineapples. It was then back to POFQ, where we waited for the kids to get back to tell of their Animal Kingdom tales...Let me say...there was a GOOD one!

While the kids were waiting in line for Everest, Ashley noticed something on her t-shirt. At first, she thought maybe a "decoration" had fallen on her...NOPE!!! It was a BAT!! How she managed to keep her cool was beyond me. I would have been a screaming psycho. She gently peeled it off by one of its wings and it flew away into the night sky. Matt, who is a registered nurse, quickly took action and checked her for bites. He gave her the all clear sign and off they went to look for the Yeti...

Tomorrow, (July 3rd) we were starting our day at 1900 Park Fare for a late breakfast... :tigger:pooh:

Last edited:

Well, we waited a half hour past our reservation time at 1900 Park Fare. This was the only reservation we waited for. Food, characters and service were just ok, nothing special. We have dined here many times, and I have to say this time seemed a bit off. Although, the highlight of the morning was the Mad Hatter feeding my niece her baby food (totally too cute for words). After breakfast, we decided to give the monorail a spin, and get my niece her first set of Mouse ears. Mission accomplished! We then headed back to POFQ for more pool fun.

After a couple hours in the sun, some adult beverages and treats for the girls, we went back up to our rooms to shower and get dressed for the evening ahead. We had dining reservations at The Grand Floridian Cafe with fireworks on the dock to follow...

When we arrived at the Grand Floridian all decked out in red, white and blue, we stopped out front for pics. We needed something to commemorate the festive holiday (even tho it was the 3rd of July and not the 4th)!

Dinner was just about as perfect as dinner could be. Service and food were wonderful!!! I had planned ahead and had a white chocolate, glass slipper delivered to my sister for her birthday (which had been the week before). We all shared, and it was delicious. Our waitress also brought out a cupcake to add to the celebration (we shared that too). The fireworks from the dock were AMAZING!!!!!!! Having the patriotic music piped in also added to the atmosphere to make the night more festive and magical.

After the fireworks, the guys headed up to Mizners for a cocktail, the twins decided to shop at the resort and my sister and I took Gia down to the lobby to wait out the dispersing crowds. This is where the magic happened...Gia learned to crawl!!! Yep, in the lobby of the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. And, Ali was lucky enough to get it all on video...Ahhhh memories...

Oh, and you'll all love this...while the girls were in awe of my niece, as I said earlier, the guys went up to Mizners. So, this is a bar, right???? It's an upscale bar in Disney, but it's still a BAR at the end of the day...Joe and Todd were TRYING to enjoy their drinks and this obnoxious 4-5 year old, little boy was running around the bar, screaming and running into my husband's leg. After about 10 minutes of this, Joe leaned over to the boy's parents and politely asked them if they could keep an eye on their child, because he was afraid said child was going to get hurt (smack his head on a table)...The parents had the nerve to say that this is DISNEY, so their son could do what he wanted...Anyway, to make a long story short, the manager ended up getting involved and asked the family to leave. It seems other bar attendees also complained about the boy's behavior...YAY for managers!!!! I know it's Disney, but there still has to be a level of parental responsibility...

The next morning it was time to leave Disney and head over to St Pete for another 8 days to finish out the family vay cay on the beach...But, not until we had breakfast at Olivia's (our absolute favorite restaurant on Disney property), and some last minute shopping in Disney Springs...

Happy 4TH of July! Started the day at Olivia's in OKW for breakfast. We sat outside, enjoyed the beautiful weather and a wonderful meal. I say this ALL the time, but this restaurant is truly a hidden gem!

After breakfast, we drove back to Disney Springs for some last minute shopping. We found some Star Wars tees and an R2 D2 hat for my son, Tim, who was unable to join us (summer school). I bought Gia a Pooh stuffed animal to give her that night in St Pete (my sister's family left earlier in the morning). And, I think that was when we bought more coffee mugs for our ever growing collection...

It was then off to St Pete, to finish out the next 9 days on the beach with more family...It was an awesome trip and I can't wait to be back in September for a long weekend with Joe and Disney in October....We will be staying 1 night at the Grand Floridian for MNSSHP. It will be myself, Joe and Ali (Ash is DEAD SET against missing school. Is she really my kid?). We have reservations for brunch at Narcoossees, dinner at The Plaza during the party, and breakfast back at Olivia's (of course). Do I dare start planning a trip for next year??? I guess you will just have to wait and see...:dumbo:

I'm so glad I found this!! It got moved over to the completed TR's pretty fast!!
Sorry, had to pick up sushi for dinner. :car: Anyway, was a bit disappointed in Morimoto Asia. Service was poor and I didn't think the food was anything special. This really pains me to say, because this was the reservation I was most looking forward to.
Hmm, that's too bad about Morimoto's but I've heard similar reports. I'm kind of interested to try it, but for our trip next month I wasn't planning on going to DS and in Nov. we're going to Tokyo Dining, and DH doesn't want to do that and Morimoto's. So if we do try it it'll have to wait until next year.....

We did some more shopping, and then called it a night. I was able to snag 2, new Alex and Ani bracelets and a new Donney and Bourke purse ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo. Thanks Honey! I honestly have an awesome husband
Nice! I wear the A & A bracelets and buy one or two new ones every time we go to Disney. And I LOVE the Disney D & B bags!! I have 3 and I saw a new one I want :rolleyes1

We were up bright and early on the 2nd to head over to the Polynesian for breakfast. I honestly did NOT want to eat at Ohana. I have found the food to be awful more than once. We originally had reservations at The Wave, but canceled, because my son, Matt really wanted to dine somewhere with characters (did I mention he will be 25 in January?). Boy, was I in for a surprise...the food was GREAT! The service and characters were really good too pluto::mickeyjum:stitch: (why not a Lilo emoji?). Hats off to Ohana. I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious everything was.
I'm with you (or at least the previous you lol) on the food, although I didn't think it was awful just very plain and boring. We ate there a few years ago because younger DS loves Stitch and I wanted to meet Lilo :) The character interaction was good, but the food was nothing we've felt the need to return for. Glad you had a great experience!

Let me just say...if you haven't been to WGPC, I highly recommend it. Service and food were beyond words
I'm so happy you loved it as much as we do!!!

Dinner was just about as perfect as dinner could be. Service and food were wonderful!!! I had planned ahead and had a white chocolate, glass slipper delivered to my sister for her birthday (which had been the week before). We all shared, and it was delicious. Our waitress also brought out a cupcake to add to the celebration (we shared that too). The fireworks from the dock were AMAZING!!!!!!! Having the patriotic music piped in also added to the atmosphere to make the night more festive and magical.
This sounds wonderful from the dinner to the fireworks. I would love to be there for the 4th, and since DH read about low crowds this year the last week of June into the 4th of July weekend, I think we may look into going that time next year......

But, not until we had breakfast at Olivia's (our absolute favorite restaurant on Disney property)
I agree! It's been 6 years, but when we stayed at OKW we ate there quite a few times for breakfast and dinner and thought it was excellent.

It sounds like you had such a fun trip! I look forward to hearing about your Oct. weekend :goodvibes

I'm so glad I found this!! It got moved over to the completed TR's pretty fast!!

Hmm, that's too bad about Morimoto's but I've heard similar reports. I'm kind of interested to try it, but for our trip next month I wasn't planning on going to DS and in Nov. we're going to Tokyo Dining, and DH doesn't want to do that and Morimoto's. So if we do try it it'll have to wait until next year.....

Nice! I wear the A & A bracelets and buy one or two new ones every time we go to Disney. And I LOVE the Disney D & B bags!! I have 3 and I saw a new one I want :rolleyes1

I'm with you (or at least the previous you lol) on the food, although I didn't think it was awful just very plain and boring. We ate there a few years ago because younger DS loves Stitch and I wanted to meet Lilo :) The character interaction was good, but the food was nothing we've felt the need to return for. Glad you had a great experience!

I'm so happy you loved it as much as we do!!!

This sounds wonderful from the dinner to the fireworks. I would love to be there for the 4th, and since DH read about low crowds this year the last week of June into the 4th of July weekend, I think we may look into going that time next year......

I agree! It's been 6 years, but when we stayed at OKW we ate there quite a few times for breakfast and dinner and thought it was excellent.

It sounds like you had such a fun trip! I look forward to hearing about your Oct. weekend :goodvibes

Thank you so much for following along! I really appreciate it Ariane37! I would LOVE to post pictures, but I keep getting the message that they are too big...I just don't get it...Any advice you can offer???

Yes, Morimoto was a BIG disappointment. Tokyo Dining is MUCH better!!! I really want to go back to WGP's. I'm craving the sushi!!! We are trying brunch at Narcoossees in October, and I'm super psyched about that one! Narcoossees is one of our absolute favorite restaurants in all of WDW. I think we are looking to go back to Disney over the 4th again next year...maybe Coronado Springs...You've stayed there, right???

By the way, I have really enjoyed your trip reports!!!!!!! Your adults only trip will be a blast! My husband and I have done a couple of those, the last being in March of 2014 for a week at POFQ. It was BLISSFUL!

Thank you so much for following along! I really appreciate it Ariane37! I would LOVE to post pictures, but I keep getting the message that they are too big...I just don't get it...Any advice you can offer???

Yes, Morimoto was a BIG disappointment. Tokyo Dining is MUCH better!!! I really want to go back to WGP's. I'm craving the sushi!!! We are trying brunch at Narcoossees in October, and I'm super psyched about that one! Narcoossees is one of our absolute favorite restaurants in all of WDW. I think we are looking to go back to Disney over the 4th again next year...maybe Coronado Springs...You've stayed there, right???

By the way, I have really enjoyed your trip reports!!!!!!! Your adults only trip will be a blast! My husband and I have done a couple of those, the last being in March of 2014 for a week at POFQ. It was BLISSFUL!
As far as the pictures, are you trying to post them through photobucket? That's how I do mine. I know there's a way to post them right from here and it's supposed to be easier, but like you when I try to do that it always tells me they're too big; that doesn't happen with photobucket. Maybe try that if you haven't :)

DH and I did Tokyo Dining once, back in January, and LOVED it, which is why we're bringing the boys there especially to watch Illuminations from their deck. I'll be interested to hear about Narcoosees brunch, we love it there for dinner!

Yes we've stayed at CSR once, and are staying there our last 3 nights in November. We like it! We've only stayed at 2 mods, there and POFQ, and I like CSR better mainly due to the theming. CSR is very pretty (not that FQ isn't), the food court was really good, boys loved the main pool and the quiet pool and bus service was fantastic. Unless something goes incredibly wrong on our next stay I'd definitely recommend it lol!

Thank you for the compliment on my TR's :goodvibes We've done 2 adults only trips already and I agree, they are SO much fun. We did the Keys tour the first time, no tour the 2nd time so I'm really psyched for the Undiscovered FutureWorld tour this time. It's going to be so hot though!

Enjoyed reading your trip report!!

Thank you! I enjoyed writing it! I will eventually add our one night at the Grand Floridian in October, but there's not much to say yet...Resort booked, dining booked, MNSSHP tickets ordered, delivered and paid for...I guess I'll be able to book FP's in late August on the day of the party from 4-630 pm or something like that...If that's the case, I hope to pick up 7DMT and Peter Pan (there's no way I will stand in that line for anything over 15 minutes)...

As far as the pictures, are you trying to post them through photobucket? That's how I do mine. I know there's a way to post them right from here and it's supposed to be easier, but like you when I try to do that it always tells me they're too big; that doesn't happen with photobucket. Maybe try that if you haven't :)

What is photobucket and how do I get it (remember, you are talking to someone who is VERY technologically challenged)????? :rolleyes2

What is photobucket and how do I get it (remember, you are talking to someone who is VERY technologically challenged)????? :rolleyes2
LMAO :rotfl:And this is coming from someone who is most likely JUST as technologically challenged, if not more! So I'll do my best.....
It's a site, I guess like Snapfish or......those other sites you download your photos to and order them from? But with this one you can also upload them to the Dis. You have to set up an account which must be pretty easy because I did it without any help from DH lol, and then you upload photos from your computer to the site. Again, as if you were going to then order prints. I know I'm assuming you've done that before and I admit, I'm bad at doing that, too. After I had my account set up I did need DH's help in figuring out how to get them into my report but it's really not hard. If you get yourself an account and need further help, lmk and I'll try my best to walk you through but I can't promise anything since I don't even know how to cut and paste :rotfl2:

The site is www.photobucket.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!