3 Kids, 2 Parents, 1 Car! A Canada 2012 PTR

ZFamily5

DIS Veteran
Hi! My family and I are going to Canada next summer for vacation. I thought maybe you guys could give me some advice about the best things to do and see. I was hoping this could kind of be a PTR for our Canada trip, but if this isn’t the appropriate place, please let me know. With that said, I’ll introduce my family!

First up are Mom and Dad!

dsc_0100.jpg

My mom and dad are the best parents ever! They both love to travel to new places and are very fun to be around!

Next up is my sister, Thing2!

dsc_0080.jpg

Thing2 is 11 years old. She is very musically talented, playing the piano and singing in a choir. She also tends to get car sick, which may cause issues during the trip.

Then, Thing3!

dsc_0232.jpg

Thing3 is my 6 year old sister! She loves to dance and also enjoys gymnastics. She also enjoys traveling, as long as we keep her busy!

Finally, Thing1 (me)!

dsc_0278.jpg

I am 14 years old! I love to travel, write and rollerblade!

Next update I will discuss the actual trip. Thanks for reading!

Hi there - you've come to the right place. I'm sure you're going to get a lot of good advice here.

There's a basic question that everyone's going to need to know the answer to in order to give you some advice - what part of Canada are you planning on visiting. Canada is the 2nd largest country in the world and is significantly bigger than the U.S. It'll take you a week of driving just to get from one end of the country to the other.

I'm sure everyone here is looking forward to jumping in and helping you.

Hi there - you've come to the right place. I'm sure you're going to get a lot of good advice here.

There's a basic question that everyone's going to need to know the answer to in order to give you some advice - what part of Canada are you planning on visiting. Canada is the 2nd largest country in the world and is significantly bigger than the U.S. It'll take you a week of driving just to get from one end of the country to the other.

I'm sure everyone here is looking forward to jumping in and helping you.

Thank you so much! Canada is a big country! We are planning on visiting Niagara Falls, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec City. We are probably going to be gone a little over 2 weeks. Thanks again!

First think I can recommend - and I am sure you will find one or two when your are here.

But look for this sign and stop in for a visit.

tim-hortons-tim-hortons-2781721-520-266.jpg

It's kinda like Dunkin' Donuts, only cooler.

The adventure pass in Niagara Falls is the way to go too. You can buy them there or online http://www.niagarafallsontario.com/adventurepass.html

In Montreal you must eat a bagel, poutine and a Montreal smoked meat sandwich to have truly lived. Never eat at the iHop in Niagara Falls. That place is a total rip off. I would do the Toronto City Pass too. You and your sisters will love the Science center...it's great.

I live in Ottawa so let me know what info you would like! Also go to Montreal a few times a year!

Canada is a beautiful place! :) I recognized your parents right away from the picture (and thing 1,2,3 *lol*) because I read your Disney Trip Report! :)

I agree about getting the Toronto City Pass and Niagara Falls Adventure Pass, if you have time to do all of the attractions. If you don't, I would say it depends on what you are interested in.

If you like history, Casa Loma and the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) in Toronto is great for that.

If you enjoy nature, Niagara Falls in general is good -- Maid of the Mist, going behind the falls, etc.

If you like amusement parks, Marine Land in Niagara Falls is good -- and if you purchase the seasons pass, it is only $5 extra. So it's worth it if you are going to go there for 2 or 3 days. Another place that has a lot of rides is Canada's Wonderland in Toronto. This is more for young adults, teenagers and adults -- not so much for your littlest sister. Centreville in Toronto is pretty nice too -- there are rides there that your littlest sister would enjoy, but not as many thrill rides for everyone else. It's pretty picturesque, has its own parks and beach, and the ferry ride is nice too. You can also rent canoes and these little bike cars and bike around the islands.

Have fun!! :goodvibes

Sounds like an awesome trip! Does your family have any particular ties to Canada or was it just a fun adventure you guys wanted to do? (My husband's family is from Canada, but out near the west side in Calgary, Alberta and he went to college in Vancouver, B.C.) I love Canada! Can't wait to hear more! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter