3 - 4 bedroom resorts like Bonnet Creek

act1980

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

Could someone please list any resorts in the Orlando area that have at least 3 bedrooms.

I am aware of LBV Resort, Blue Heron, World Quest & Floridays. It's not too much of an issue if it's further away from Disney. I would just like to get quotes for other resorts to see what works out better for us.

Thanks and happy planning!!:goodvibes

Windsor hills is a community with condos, townhouses and homes. A 3 bedroom/3 bath townhouse has a private splash pool for around $100 a night. There is a resort pool with basic water slide also. i would check vrbo.com

A few more I can think of off the top of my head......

Mike Ditka Runaway Beach Club (Kissimmee), Holiday Inn Orange Lake (Kissimmee), and Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa (Orlando).

One of my favorite maps is here The Dibb
It's a list of villas/communities like Windsor Hills.

But it does list 'LIki Tiki' which is more like WBC. I'm not sure why some are on there and some (aka Cypress Pointe) aren't. But it gives a WHOLE LOT to chose from.

Thanks for the replies!

Some of the resorts mentioned are a quite dated. I would like something more modern if possible.

The chances are we will just return to BC but I just wanted to see what else was out there:cool1:

We're going to stay at Silver Lake Resort in a 3-bedroom unit in Feb. I don't believe they have any 4-bedroom units.

Friends of ours just stayed at the Lighthouse Key resort and had a 3br. They said it was beautiful. Other friends stayed at Cyress Palms.

Because of competition in Orlando, most of the resorts remodel often, so age is not really a problem in most cases.

Mystic Dunes, Summer Bay, Hilton Grand Vacations (two locations), most of the Westgates, two of the Marriotts at Marriott World Center. It would almost be easier to list the ones that don't have three bedrooms. Not many that I know of have four bedrooms. Lighthouse Key has four bedrooms. We stayed in one Christmas a couple of years ago and it was huge.

I think you'd be better off with two 2-bedrooms anyway. I assume you would have multiple families involved if you needed a 4-bedroom. Having two units would give you some privacy and be more flexible.

Sheila

There are lots of beautiful rental villas that offer similar amenities. Emerald Isle is really nice and pretty close by. Not sure when you're going but I've rented a 7 br / 5 ba villa with private pool for $1000/week in October. Four of the bedrooms had king beds with ensuite bath. EI also has a resort pool, game room, lounge area, etc.

The nice thing about a rental villa vs a hotel-type resort is the ability to park right outside your door, and have laundry facilities in your rental.

The nice thing about a rental villa vs a hotel-type resort is the ability to park right outside your door, and have laundry facilities in your rental.

All of the 3br timeshare type units will also have a washer and dryer, in my experience. That's a big advantage to me. We pack only a few clothes and throw in a load of clothes whenever we're hanging around the condo.

Sheila

Cypress Pointe and Cypress Pointe Grand Villas have tons of three bedroom units. This is where we go when we need a three bedroom timeshare. They have a great Lake Buena Vista location right near the Downtown Disney entrance sign and are even walking distance to some resturants.

Thanks for the replies!

Some of the resorts mentioned are a quite dated. I would like something more modern if possible.

The chances are we will just return to BC but I just wanted to see what else was out there:cool1:

We've stayed at both Hilton Grand Vac Club properties and they are beautiful, not dated at all. Also we've never had a bad experience at anything with a Marriott name on it so I'd trust their timeshares to be modern too, though I can't say from personal experience there.
You could always look on tripadvisor.com. Lots of people post their pictures there.

There is a resort called Reunion that's about 15-20 minutes off property that is exceptional. It was the first place I'd ever stayed outside of a Disney resort and although I was bummed to leave the purple signs that first time, I was quickly overcome by the brand-new gorgeousness of these fully-appointed condos. I know there is a hotel there, but the prices are significantly more expensive than the 2 & 3 bedroom individually-owned condos.

I used VRBO to find a place and was able to negotiate with an owner to get a ridiculously great price. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want! Reunion is huge, sprawling alongside a beautiful golf course, and there are plenty of empty units...so they need to fill them. The condos are huge, and had to have been built within the last two years. We wanted to move in permanently & already started planning a return for Thanksgiving! :)

If you have any questions or would like me to refer to you the guy I worked with (super-nice, super-attentive), pm me.

Good luck & have fun! :wizard:

On a related topic, we are trying to decide on a 2 bedroom or a 3 bedroom at bonnet creek. Our group will be 4 adults, 3 children age 3-7, and two babies under 1. I know the 2 bedroom sleeps 8 people, but I wasn't sure if the two children under 1 counted towards the occupancy since they would be in a pack n play. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

On a related topic, we are trying to decide on a 2 bedroom or a 3 bedroom at bonnet creek. Our group will be 4 adults, 3 children age 3-7, and two babies under 1. I know the 2 bedroom sleeps 8 people, but I wasn't sure if the two children under 1 counted towards the occupancy since they would be in a pack n play. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I don't know anything about Bonnet Creek's units, but we are getting a 3-bedroom, and our group will be 3 couples, (so 6 adults) a 17-year old, and 2 toddlers under the age of 3. For sanity, so the babies can nap in peace, we are getting 3 bedrooms.

I understand that we will be getting a 2-bedroom and a 1-bedroom unit, combined. That way, we will have 2 kitchens and 2 living areas. That will be much, much nicer and allow us to spread out more, and each adult couple will have more privacy.

Check out the Bonnet Creek thread.

I don't know anything about Bonnet Creek's units, but we are getting a 3-bedroom, and our group will be 3 couples, (so 6 adults) a 17-year old, and 2 toddlers under the age of 3. For sanity, so the babies can nap in peace, we are getting 3 bedrooms.

I understand that we will be getting a 2-bedroom and a 1-bedroom unit, combined. That way, we will have 2 kitchens and 2 living areas. That will be much, much nicer and allow us to spread out more, and each adult couple will have more privacy.

Check out the Bonnet Creek thread.

Um....

FYI... the 3bdrm at Bonnet Creek does not have 2 kitchens and 2 living areas. It has only 1 kitchen and living room, with the Master suite on one side, and the 2 other bedrooms down a hallway from the common area.

Bonnet Creek does not utilize any sort of "lockout" style rooms. All different room types are completely self-contained.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter