3,298 miles, 10 breweries, and 1 Mega Meet - a July '16 Trip Report *New 6/5/17 - Link to new TR!*

We tried Hoop de Doo for the first time on our last trip and I'm so glad we did. My 8 year old especially loved it! Awesome to know about the salmon option too.

It's something I've wanted to do for a while but wasn't sure if the kids would like it, etc. but I enjoyed it even more than I thought I would. Not sure if it is an "every trip" type thing but definitely something we will do again in the future!

Olivia looks thrilled! :rotfl:

Disney needs to budget some money into getting clearer signs! ;)

Looks like you got a great table! It is pretty awesome that it's all your care to drink at HDD. I'm glad you all enjoyed the dinner show, even the kids! Looks like a fun time.

Great ferry shots!

Always easy to tell how Olivia is feeling based on the face she is making!

I know! Who cares about Star Wars Land - fix those signs!!!

The "all you can drink sangria" is the final item that sold Judi on doing HDDR - it's definitely just good food and not fancy but just a fun time!

Hoop dee doo is something I have always wanted to do but just never have gotten too. It looks like you had a blast!

Knowing your love of the classics of Disney Ryan I bet you would love Hoop Dee Doo - definitely something to consider for the future. It does take a bit of time plus the time to get there, etc so probably better something for a longer trip when you may have an "off day" (you know, like we did :rolleyes1)

I'm glad you guys had a good time at HDDR. It looks like a lot of fun and the food seems to get good reviews. That's great that there is a salmon option, too.

We have several photos of our girls when they were young with looks similar to Olivia's on the boat!

We really did enjoy HDDR - and I think everyone likes at least the chicken there. We had no idea about the salmon until the water offered it ... and it was nice that he did considering Judi could have just had the chicken, etc.

Olivia definitely has a bit of a dramatic side to her!

Hoop De Doo looks like a lot of fun! I'm glad you guys enjoyed!
Although Disney really needs to fix those blurry signs...

HDDR was a lot of fun - I am glad everyone enjoyed it as I was pretty sure I would (though I wound up liking it even more than I thought I would) but was a little worried about everyone else - but it worked out!

Well, I did see Disney just filed a permit for sign work ... while most people are saying this has to do with putting up signs in Pandora, I am hoping it is to fix the existing blurry signs ;)

Glad you enjoyed HDDR. We did it in 2014 and enjoyed it so much more than I thought we would, especially my boys! My youngest has asked to do it again but so far we just haven't fit it in, I keep telling him I promise we will and soon. DH enjoyed the food, the boys ate some, it wasn't really stuff I normally eat but I could have eaten the corn bread and strawberry shortcake all night :cloud9: Our table was right up front, couldn't get any closer. DH got picked for Davey the Angel :rotfl2:He was a good sport about it but man, you should've seen some of the looks he was shooting me while up on stage!!

But we arrived at Fort Wilderness and headed to our exact destination - passing a blurry sign for Fort Wilderness (I assume it was the sign that was blurry as obviously it is impossible that I could have taken a blurry photo) and then to a blurry sign for the checking booth (come'in Disney, get with it! #ThanksShanghai) for our dining destination - Pioneer Hall for the Hoop Dee Doo Review!

Woohoo!! LOL on the blurry signs ;)

On the way over Emma had fallen asleep. Peter wanted nothing to do with the family photo and was acting asleep. So we decided to play it up and asked Olivia to pretend to be asleep too ...

Did you get a big boat then? Or did she pass out just from the short walk lol! Cute to get the kids all "asleep" hehe

After we sat down we were provided with a menu and our drink orders were taken. One thing we liked about this meal when I discussed it with Judi was that all-you-care-to-enjoy sangria was included - so we both got that to drink. While not the best we have ever had it was pretty darn good and refreshing ... and was all-we-cared-to-enjoy - and we did!

And wine too!! Andrew loves yuengling. It is a nice perk. We did this once when Aria was like 1, I would like to go back again for sure!

They also brought out the corn bread (which was good - a sweeter style) and the salad (which was also pretty good, if a bit basic - definitely fresh tasting)

I love jalapeno corn bread so much that plain just tastes so...plaiN! :(

For those of you that haven't seen the show - it is an over-the-top vaudeville style show with tons of bad puns and great humor and just a really good time. I can certainly see it not being everyone's cup of tea - but if you just kinda go with it and enjoy the puns it is really entertaining.

Nice description :) Who wouldn't like it, anyway?

It was nice they offered this to her even though she could have found enough with the chicken and stuff to eat. So, something to keep in mind if you would prefer salmon

Yeah I think I got this option last time. Was there chicken breast in the fried chicken pile? I feel like there was.

I loved the fact that the tile image above the changing table was of the back-sides of horses ;)

That's awesome

Shortly after we returned it was time for some audience participation including some napkin twirling. Also grabbed this shot of Olivia who seemed to enjoy the show despite her protests of not wanting to do this (in this angle you can also tell that it wasn't exactly a full house - this was the 4pm show on a Sunday)

Hehehhe glad she had fun despite not wanting to go.

Then we were back on the boat headed back to the Magic Kingdom. We figured we would spend a bit more time there as we had energy and figured walk off that sangria a bit. I was also able to make some spur of the moment FP+

Yay. And once again, I think the new FP system is pretty sweet!

I was explaining to Judi about the water bridge, which she didn't quite get/realize we went over. So I made sure to capture a picture of it when we go over the bridge on the boat while the car and bus traffic goes under the water:

Love the water bridge!! I love capturing it from the road when a boat is going over lol.

Late to the party but caught up and really enjoying your reviews and report! (Came over from the news thread :teeth: shameless self promotion often works!)

I am eager to see the rest of your brewery reviews - we've made the pilgrimage to Asheville as well and really enjoyed our time there. Of course the Disney part of your TR is also great :thumbsup2

The Mega Meet scavenger hunt looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad (poor phrasing but you know what I mean) to see you fell down on your efforts to do a non-park day - can I admit we've never succeeded in taking one of those? Of course I've yet to visit this decade without an AP so it's never a problem to just pop into a park for a meal or a train ride!

Really enjoying the write up so far and your humor. Will have to check out those other links in your signature!

Glad you enjoyed HDDR. We did it in 2014 and enjoyed it so much more than I thought we would, especially my boys! My youngest has asked to do it again but so far we just haven't fit it in, I keep telling him I promise we will and soon. DH enjoyed the food, the boys ate some, it wasn't really stuff I normally eat but I could have eaten the corn bread and strawberry shortcake all night :cloud9: Our table was right up front, couldn't get any closer. DH got picked for Davey the Angel :rotfl2:He was a good sport about it but man, you should've seen some of the looks he was shooting me while up on stage!!

I think that was us too - we all enjoyed it even more than we thought we would! That's great your DH was asked to be the angel (we had quite the character play that role) - part of me was hoping to get picked - but another part of me was quite happy to not have been ;)

Woohoo!! LOL on the blurry signs ;)

Did you get a big boat then? Or did she pass out just from the short walk lol! Cute to get the kids all "asleep" hehe

And wine too!! Andrew loves yuengling. It is a nice perk. We did this once when Aria was like 1, I would like to go back again for sure!

I love jalapeno corn bread so much that plain just tastes so...plaiN! :(

Nice description :) Who wouldn't like it, anyway?

Yeah I think I got this option last time. Was there chicken breast in the fried chicken pile? I feel like there was.

That's awesome

Hehehhe glad she had fun despite not wanting to go.

Yay. And once again, I think the new FP system is pretty sweet!

Love the water bridge!! I love capturing it from the road when a boat is going over lol.

Yeah, it was one of the mid-size boats that goes over there (so not the giant ferries that go from the TTC to MK, but bigger than the small boats that go to Grand Floridian for example) so we didn't need to close up the stroller.

Our intent was not to have them all asleep but we figured best to let Emma nap while she was out and then Peter was being a bit of a pain (he's very hit or miss as far as wanting to be in photos) so rather than fight it we just went with it

Yes! Good point that wine and beer is included - figured the Sangria was something we likely would enjoy rather than be limited to the selections they had but definitely great that that is an option as well

Well, there are people that don't like the puns on the Jungle Cruise so I assume there are people that wouldn't like HDDR either ... I mean, I'd rather not associate with such people, but I am sure they exist ;)

Pretty sure there were all different pieces of chicken in the bucked including breasts - I think I mostly got the thighs as that is my favorite but I believe there were legs, wings, and breasts as well

The recent additions of the "extra 4th"FP and being able to book them and make changes on your phone have really made the system much easier to use I think. I know some people still don't like having to book things out so far in advance but for us the system works a lot better than the old one where you had to be there are rope drop and do the running of the bulls to things like TSMM if you wanted to get a paper FP

Glad I am not the only one that loves the idea of the water bridge!

Late to the party but caught up and really enjoying your reviews and report! (Came over from the news thread :teeth: shameless self promotion often works!)

I am eager to see the rest of your brewery reviews - we've made the pilgrimage to Asheville as well and really enjoyed our time there. Of course the Disney part of your TR is also great :thumbsup2

The Mega Meet scavenger hunt looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad (poor phrasing but you know what I mean) to see you fell down on your efforts to do a non-park day - can I admit we've never succeeded in taking one of those? Of course I've yet to visit this decade without an AP so it's never a problem to just pop into a park for a meal or a train ride!

Really enjoying the write up so far and your humor. Will have to check out those other links in your signature!

:welcome: Thanks for coming over and joining! I appreciate the kind words ... and am now really feeling the pressure to not let the quality slip! ;)

The Asheville part comes up in our return trip home and was a true highlight for us. Doing the tour at the Wicked Weed Funkatourim was a beer highlight for me!

We have done non-park days in the past (we often go for a week but would get the military tickets which only covered 4 days) but as we had the days and were right there we figured why not ... though we definitely wound up doing a lot more than we thought we would that evening!

I was looking forward to hearing how the scavenger hunt went. It sounded like it was a lot of fun. I especially liked how you had to do a variety of things, pictures, videos, etc. Thanks for sharing your experience!
I could totally see Kevin making a kid tell John it was time to go. Reminds me of his cruise story where he told all the sales people on the island that John wanted to buy stuff.
Glad dinner was better than expected. I've heard nothing but rave reviews of HDDR. And I'm sure it kind of nice having a somewhat empty theater.

I was looking forward to hearing how the scavenger hunt went. It sounded like it was a lot of fun. I especially liked how you had to do a variety of things, pictures, videos, etc. Thanks for sharing your experience!
I could totally see Kevin making a kid tell John it was time to go. Reminds me of his cruise story where he told all the sales people on the island that John wanted to buy stuff.
Glad dinner was better than expected. I've heard nothing but rave reviews of HDDR. And I'm sure it kind of nice having a somewhat empty theater.

The scavenger hunt was a lot of fun and just nice to do something different and really explore the resorts more

Yeah, Kevin is really great in person - he has that sarcastic wit to him that really comes out on the podcast I think ... in person I find him to be "warmer" (if that makes sense)

In some ways I wish the theater was a bit more crowded as I think more people engaged and making noise would make it even more fun, but there was enough for that so it was good that the actors were all close when they went out into the crowds and didn't have to spread themselves more thinly around

I fell behind your TR but it was fun reading a whole bunch of updates back-to-back! I loved reading about the Monorail scavenger hunt! It could be something that the Monorail resorts offer daily. They could give a list of things to do and if you do them all you get a Disney Scavenger Pin! Of course, I can see some CM's getting tired of this...."If I have to take a picture staring at a Dooney and Bourke bag again, I am going to lose it!".

I fell behind your TR but it was fun reading a whole bunch of updates back-to-back! I loved reading about the Monorail scavenger hunt! It could be something that the Monorail resorts offer daily. They could give a list of things to do and if you do them all you get a Disney Scavenger Pin! Of course, I can see some CM's getting tired of this...."If I have to take a picture staring at a Dooney and Bourke bag again, I am going to lose it!".

It's funny you mention that as we did find a few CMs that had been approached earlier by one of the other teams and they were still into it - but I could see doing it day after day getting annoying. .... maybe they would have to switch it up or not involve too many CMs, but I like the idea overall!

Part 37: At Disney - Day 3: Magic Kingdom
Checking out Tomorrowland

On the boat ride back, I checked on the app to see what fast passes were available as we didn't make any for today as we weren't planning to go to a park. The kids really wanted to do the Tomorrowland Speedway and I was glad to see I was able to get one for that attraction as well as for Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin and the Jungle Cruise. I must say that the recent improvements to the FP+ process of being able to book / move things on the app and have your extra FP be in a different park, etc. have really made the system pretty user friendly and overall it worked great for us this trip.

On our way under the Railroad Tracks I saw an attraction poster for Wishes, which I don't recall having seen before. I thought it was really neat and noticed that one guest in the poster appears to have Oswald ears rather than Mickey ears on which I thought was neat and unexpected - especially for WDW where Oswald isn't really featured much.

01_Wishes%20poster.jpg

Judi took Emma and Olivia to the bathroom and I stopped by the firehouse with Peter to look into the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom but the suggested we wait until our whole party was there to get the cards and have the game explained to us and by the time the girls got back we kinda forgot about it and moved on ... one of these trips though!

02_Firehouse.jpg

We then headed into Tomorrowland as that is where our FP would be coming due soon - but we had a little time so thought we would hit up one of our favoirte attractions - The TTA Peoplemover ... which had a *gasp* line. But it moved quickly and soon we were ridding up the ramps - and getting photobombed by a very happy CM

03_People%20mover%20line.jpg
04_People%20mover%20ramp.jpg

BTW - I love that robonews statue - but funny to think how we get our news right on our phones practically instantaneously rather than needing a robot to type it out for us like they thought would happen in the future decades ago

Once on board Emma enjoyed her ride - and I enjoyed my favorite part ... getting to see the model for Progress City! My understanding is that this is only 1/2 the model that was originally built so that must have been huge when completed!

05_Emma%20on%20the%20people%20mover.jpg
06_Progress%20city.jpg

It then came time to ride the Tomorrowland Speedway and with the unexpected surprise that Emma was tall enough to ride - so we didn't need to rider swap or anything. I rode with Olivia who is apparently the Queen of Overcorrecting as she would "correct" us back way more than needed and we just bounced off the rail quite a bit. But she had fun getting a chance to drive. I know this attraction takes up a lot of room and I wish they would update to electric cars or something but I hope they keep it in some form as the kids just love it!

07_Emma%20tall%20enough%20for%20speedway.jpg
08_Olivia%20driving.jpg

After, we were deciding what to do before our Buzz Lightyear FP was due ... but we passed the dance party that was going on and Emma just had to dance;

Emma%20Dancing.gif

We decided to do a classic we hadn't done in a while (actually, not sure if the kids have ever done this) and went on Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress. While the ending scene could use an update - we definitely enjoyed this classic and just always great to think about Walt's vision for the future and how technology would make lives better, etc. Also love spotting the "hidden" Micky in the last scene under the Christmas tree

09_COP%20sign.jpg
10_COP%20Scene%201.jpg
11_COP%20hidden%20mickey.jpg

Coming up - more fun in Tomorrowland and then Adventureland!

Part 38: At Disney - Day 3: Magic Kingdom
This is Your Birthday Song!

Now that we all had "it's a great big beautiful tomorrow!" stuck in our heads, we headed over for our FP at Buzz ...

01_Entrance%20to%20Buzz.jpg

Buzz%20Lightyear%20ride.gif

... and we continued to stink at this ride!

02_Buzz%20score.jpg

and that is even with me having "help" and Judi having her game face on!

03_Phil%20Peter%20Emma%20Buzz%20ride%20photo.jpg
04_Judi%20Olivia%20Buzz%20rid%20photo.jpg

Actually, that face is so good - let's add some animated characters to it!

Buzz%20ride.gif

After this we decided to head across the Hub and towards Adventureland. The sun was starting to set making the sky very pretty and I got one of my favorite pictures from the trip:

05_Partners%20and%20Castle.jpg

Once we got to Adventurland first order of business was a snack - and when in Adventureland, that snack is going to be a Dole Whip. This was our first time getting them since they moved locations and I must say I am disappointed they didn't have the vanilla soft serve as well - my favorite was the float with the pineapple and vanilla swirl. But the full on pineapple isn't bad either. And Emma enjoyed her straight Dole Whip:
06_Dole%20Whip%20Float.jpg
07_Emma%20with%20Dole%20Whip.jpg

We still had a little time before our JC FP so decided to fit in a trip on Pirates - but first some Pirate Posing!

08_Family%20outside%20Pirates.jpg

Like always, I got next to no good photos on the ride - though I did like this one of the crabs on the beach by the skeletons and one of Jack in the treasure room to at least prove we did go on the ride:
09_Skeleton%20and%20crabs.jpg
10_Pirates%20treasure.jpg

and got a decent video of the "We wants the redhead" scene:
Pirates%20auction%20scene.gif

Then it was time to use our Jungle Cruise Fast Pass. It had been a long time since we have ridden this at night so i was looking forward to it, and we didn't get a FP for it for our other MK days so it definitely worked out that we were able to get on for a ride this evening on it.

11_jungle%20cruise%20sign.jpg
12_JC%20Menu.jpg

We just missed getting on a boat which meant we were first for the next boat - which turned out to be fortuitus as on this boat, we would chat with the Skipper who happened to be Skipper Emma. We mentioned we had an Emma as well as that we were celebrating her birthday so Skipper Emma mentioned she would do something special for our Emma.

13_JC%20Emma.jpg

No real good pictures from the trip in the dark, but I did get video of the surprise for Emma which was really cute and took place right before we got back to dock:

JC%20Birthday%20Song.gif

So we obviously had a great ride - besides being named Emma, Skipper Emma was really good and told a lot of classic puns but some new ones for us too. Definitely fun at night as they use the spotlight and stuff like that.

We then headed back to the Hub to try and catch the nighttime entertainment ... which is up next!

Part 39: At Disney - Day 3: Magic Kingdom
For the Last Time in Forever ....

We headed towards the hub while the Main St Electrical Parade was going on. We didn't have the best view but could see pretty well and got to see the floats as they past in front of the Castle which is always nice. We weren't specifically planning to watch this, but now I am glad we did see what we did as they have now gotten rid of said Main St. Electrical Parade. Definitely a classic though I am hoping they put something new and amazing together in the future. Did get one picture of the show I really liked:

01_MSEP%20Pete%20and%20Castle.jpg

After the parade we shifted a little bit but basically stayed where we were as we were near a wall and right by a rope so seemed like a good spot to have the stroller. people did get in front of us at points during Wishes, but what can you do - lots of people and not enough room and for the most part we were able to shift the kids around so they could see at least decently well.

No amazing pictures but got a few decent ones - first of Celebrate the magic (which I enjoy - but I am really looking forward to the new show):

02_CTM%201.jpg
03_CTM%202.jpg
04_CTM%203.jpg

05_CTM%204.jpg
06_CTM%205.jpg

And then some of Wishes - which I just love still no matter how many times we see it

07_Wishes%201.jpg
08_Wishes%202.jpg
09_Wishes%203.jpg

After that we had to make our way out - they directed us through the Casey's and then into and through the Emporium. At least it was air conditioned but hard to get a double stroller through the store when we just want to get out and others are shopping. But I think we beat a lot of the rush so wasn't too long of a wait for the monorail. All the kids fell asleep before we were back to the room.

All-in-all I think a pretty productive day considering we weren't even planning to do a park at all. That turned out to be a good thing as coming up - a not as productive day in the Magic Kingdom ... but also the Mega Meet Podcast Taping!!!!

TTFN

Isn't the Speedway the lowest height restriction ride Disney has? I think so, so it is awesome that Emma's hit that 32" mark!

Your expression in Buzz is the epitome of a parent's patience. You were watching DD with the joystick with exasperation. :rotfl2:

I am very bummed they don't serve the vanilla, either! That swirl was one of the best desserts at the MK.

I agree that speedway should be updated but stay. I loved that as a kid.

Vanilla soft serve doesn't really make sense to me there. Maybe if it was an option elsewhere but Dole whips and citrus swirls are so popular as is that if they added another option that might create more lines.

Love the Jungle Cruise birthday song!

On our way under the Railroad Tracks I saw an attraction poster for Wishes, which I don't recall having seen before. I thought it was really neat and noticed that one guest in the poster appears to have Oswald ears rather than Mickey ears on which I thought was neat and unexpected - especially for WDW where Oswald isn't really featured much.

Aw love this poster!! I wonder if they sell it anywhere.

We then headed into Tomorrowland as that is where our FP would be coming due soon - but we had a little time so thought we would hit up one of our favoirte attractions - The TTA Peoplemover ... which had a *gasp* line. But it moved quickly and soon we were ridding up the ramps - and getting photobombed by a very happy CM

LOL on the "line"! Cute photobomb too. Love this ride, it's so perfectly Disney.

It then came time to ride the Tomorrowland Speedway and with the unexpected surprise that Emma was tall enough to ride - so we didn't need to rider swap or anything. I rode with Olivia who is apparently the Queen of Overcorrecting as she would "correct" us back way more than needed and we just bounced off the rail quite a bit. But she had fun getting a chance to drive. I know this attraction takes up a lot of room and I wish they would update to electric cars or something but I hope they keep it in some form as the kids just love it!

Woohoo on Emma!! And...I overcorrect on it too :-D

After, we were deciding what to do before our Buzz Lightyear FP was due ... but we passed the dance party that was going on and Emma just had to dance;

Too cute!

Once we got to Adventurland first order of business was a snack - and when in Adventureland, that snack is going to be a Dole Whip. This was our first time getting them since they moved locations and I must say I am disappointed they didn't have the vanilla soft serve as well - my favorite was the float with the pineapple and vanilla swirl. But the full on pineapple isn't bad either. And Emma enjoyed her straight Dole Whip:

At least she doesn't know any differently! And it's still great though I'll admit I have never been a HUGE fan of the Dole Whip, but like it more now that it's dairy free and thus a treat Maya can enjoy lol.

We just missed getting on a boat which meant we were first for the next boat - which turned out to be fortuitus as on this boat, we would chat with the Skipper who happened to be Skipper Emma. We mentioned we had an Emma as well as that we were celebrating her birthday so Skipper Emma mentioned she would do something special for our Emma.

That is fortuitous! How awesome :)

After that we had to make our way out - they directed us through the Casey's and then into and through the Emporium. At least it was air conditioned but hard to get a double stroller through the store when we just want to get out and others are shopping. But I think we beat a lot of the rush so wasn't too long of a wait for the monorail. All the kids fell asleep before we were back to the room.

Very nice. It's hard getting any stroller through those shops esp at close, phew! But nice that the kids were able to fall asleep.

I rode with Olivia who is apparently the Queen of Overcorrecting as she would "correct" us back way more than needed and we just bounced off the rail quite a bit.

Well, I think Olivia has a few years to shake that overcorrecting thing before she starts driving an actual car.

and that is even with me having "help" and Judi having her game face on!

Haha, I love Judi's game face.
And sometimes the help hurts more than it helps...

The sun was starting to set making the sky very pretty and I got one of my favorite pictures from the trip:
05_Partners%20and%20Castle.jpg

This picture is fantastic!

but I did get video of the surprise for Emma which was really cute and took place right before we got back to dock:
JC%20Birthday%20Song.gif

Emma got a birthday song? That is awesome!
I love when the CMs do a little something special for someone. It always makes me smile.

All-in-all I think a pretty productive day considering we weren't even planning to do a park at all. That turned out to be a good thing as coming up - a not as productive day in the Magic Kingdom ... but also the Mega Meet Podcast Taping!!!!

That definitely sounds like a productive day!
I'm excited to hear about the podcast taping!

:lmao: Cheery kid.

:rotfl2: Nice photo!

For those of you that haven't seen the show - it is an over-the-top vaudeville style show with tons of bad puns and great humor and just a really good time. I can certainly see it not being everyone's cup of tea - but if you just kinda go with it and enjoy the puns it is really entertaining.
We had a blast - I thought I would enjoy it but I honestly liked it so much more than I expected. I totally get it isn't for everyone but if this is something you think you might like I definitely recommend you give it a try!
I think this really sounds up our alley and would like to see it sometime. You know, during that mythical time that we manage to clear an evening for a non-park activity. :rotfl: Really do want to do it sometime, though.

We decided to do a classic we hadn't done in a while (actually, not sure if the kids have ever done this) and went on Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress. While the ending scene could use an update - we definitely enjoyed this classic and just always great to think about Walt's vision for the future and how technology would make lives better, etc. Also love spotting the "hidden" Micky in the last scene under the Christmas tree
I haven't been on CoP in a long time either! Now you have me thinking - if I do a solo MK evening - I should do that!

Cool! Is that a new Memory Maker thing?

Very pretty!

Cool pic!

Isn't the Speedway the lowest height restriction ride Disney has? I think so, so it is awesome that Emma's hit that 32" mark!

Your expression in Buzz is the epitome of a parent's patience. You were watching DD with the joystick with exasperation. :rotfl2:

I am very bummed they don't serve the vanilla, either! That swirl was one of the best desserts at the MK.

Yes - The speeway was the only ride she hit a height restriction for - still was not something I expected and just reminded me she isn't a baby any more :sad:

On Buzz I definitely had to balance things out between wanting to compete on the ride but not get too mad at Emma - caught myself yelling at her to not spin it once or twice :rolleyes1

+10000 to your comment on the vanilla swirl Dole whip

I agree that speedway should be updated but stay. I loved that as a kid.

Vanilla soft serve doesn't really make sense to me there. Maybe if it was an option elsewhere but Dole whips and citrus swirls are so popular as is that if they added another option that might create more lines.

Love the Jungle Cruise birthday song!

yeah, I would love for them to make the speedway more futuristic - electric or maglev or something

At the old location they had the vanilla for doing swirls with the Dole Whip and that was my favorite but they don't have it anywhere else, so I definitely miss it - but not enough to not get Dole Whips at all though ;)

It was a nice surprise and just something special and unique to have the Skipper sing the song for Emma

Aw love this poster!! I wonder if they sell it anywhere.

LOL on the "line"! Cute photobomb too. Love this ride, it's so perfectly Disney.

Woohoo on Emma!! And...I overcorrect on it too :-D

Too cute!

At least she doesn't know any differently! And it's still great though I'll admit I have never been a HUGE fan of the Dole Whip, but like it more now that it's dairy free and thus a treat Maya can enjoy lol.

That is fortuitous! How awesome :)

Very nice. It's hard getting any stroller through those shops esp at close, phew! But nice that the kids were able to fall asleep.

I don't recall seeing that poster before so not sure if they have it for sale - but I loved it! I did a quick google search and really only saw other people asking where to get it

yeah, we love the people mover! just a great break and love that you get the tour of Tomorrowland

That's true in that the regular Dole Whip is dairy free - great option for Maya!

Well, I think Olivia has a few years to shake that overcorrecting thing before she starts driving an actual car.

Haha, I love Judi's game face.
And sometimes the help hurts more than it helps...

This picture is fantastic!

Emma got a birthday song? That is awesome!
I love when the CMs do a little something special for someone. It always makes me smile.

That definitely sounds like a productive day!
I'm excited to hear about the podcast taping!

I have to say, it did give me some nightmarish thoughts thinking about Olivia driving someday though!

yeah, Judi really got into hit ... in my experience, the "help" never really helps :|

I love moments like that with the CMs who make your visit special and unique. One of the highlights of our trip

:lmao: Cheery kid.

:rotfl2: Nice photo!

I think this really sounds up our alley and would like to see it sometime. You know, during that mythical time that we manage to clear an evening for a non-park activity. :rotfl: Really do want to do it sometime, though.

I haven't been on CoP in a long time either! Now you have me thinking - if I do a solo MK evening - I should do that!

Cool! Is that a new Memory Maker thing?

Very pretty!

Cool pic!

In someways Olivia is a lot like me but one way we are very different is that I really don't show any emotion while you always know what she is thinking and feeling by looking at her

I bet you gusy would love HDDR - it is just that old school kinda Disney ... and the food is pretty darn good too!

The buzz video was from the memory maker - I guess like what they do for 7DMT or ToT

Thanks! - definitely not of the quality some photos you see posted on the DIS or FB but I think I do alright with my little, old, point-n-shoot

I'm glad the kids, especially Olivia, turned their frowns upside down once they got to HDDR! It's such a fun show, and the food is really good. Sometimes with Disney you have to sacrifice one for the other when it comes to food and entertainment. But I like that this show does so well in both aspects. It had been a long time since we had done it before we did it in February with our big family group, and we had SO much fun! Once they break those washboards out, I don't know how any kid could have a bad time. lol

I mourned the loss of the pineapple vanilla swirl Dole Whip. :sad::sad::sad: I love pineapple, but it's so much better swirled with vanilla!! I still enjoy a Dole Whip or two (or four) every trip, but it's sure not the same as the swirl. I think I have read you can still get them at the Poly, but I haven't checked, nor found myself over there when in the mood for a Dole Whip either.

So cute that the JC Skipper acknowledged Emma's birthday!! We got to hear that same birthday song on our May trip from a CM at the Epcot tapstiles. lol Maybe they learn it in training?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter