3,298 miles, 10 breweries, and 1 Mega Meet - a July '16 Trip Report *New 6/5/17 - Link to new TR!*

I really like that the animals you saw were more mixed together and not separated by species - that's really cool. If it was by design, then good job Disney!

I've heard so many bad things about Jungle Book: Alive with Magic that I'm really excited to hear a positive review. I think people were expecting it to be Rivers of Light (which is stupid, because if Rivers of Light was ready, they would have just given us Rivers of Light), and when it wasn't anything what we've been told RoL will be, people were already inclined to dislike it. Knowing what to expect going in is definitely a good idea, and I'm glad it did not disappoint!

I really liked it too, as far as the animals being more integrated. Not sure if it was something active Disney did or just how they act at night / feeding time but it was neat and gave the safari a different feel

If you went into Jungle Book thinking of an epic show that justified being part of a dining package, etc. then, yeah, I would be disappointed too but know what to expect let us enjoy it for what it was. I feel a bit bad for the people that worked on the show and the performers as it wasn't due to lack of effort on their part that it got bad reviews

Great safari photos! I think you were a bit early to get to experience the fake sunset. I'm excited to experience this in a few days!

I'm glad you enjoyed jungle book. I never saw it in person but I felt it was okay nothing great but okay from what I saw on video.

The sporadic ness of tree awakenings I think is great and I don't need to plan for or but that's just me. I can't wait to see that as well.

Yeah, I thought I had timed it right but looking back on it I think we were a bit early for the full "sunset safari" - oh well, something for next time!

I certainly wouldn't have gone out of our way to see the Jungle Book show, but it was pretty good for what it was and glad we saw it. Let's just hope Rivers of Light gets here some day and is of some of the scale of the original vision

I love the idea of the tree awakenings being random - the issue I had was that people would rush up when it started and block the view of people that were waiting etc. .... another example of how WDW would be better if it wasn't for all the people ;)

I know how to start off the new year - by catching up on the last month or so of your TR! :goodvibes

Ha, we have a picture of this too and I was trying to figure out what it was. :rotfl:

We walked by that and wondered what it was - I had to look it up on my phone, as I guess I'm not keeping up on my Disney news well enough.

:headache: We found that pretty much ALL Disney transportation required allotting tons of time this trip. I don't know if things have gotten worse or we just had bad luck, but the bus service was so poor that I'm pretty sure we'll be renting a car for future trips (which is never something I thought I'd say).

Yes, we had a great time. I asked Dug and he didn't see any sushi there.

And Dug responded to not seeing CM sushi by mentioning how great the CG sushi was. :thumbsup2

I can't remember if I already shared this with you on another post, but we had a Rider Swap and asked if there was any way to use it for me, Izzy, and Aria (3 people, which it covers), since I was the only adult and would have to take them separately (or so I though). The CM was like, "No, they can ride next to each other." She was very confident and knew they were only 4, so we went in. The CM that assigns seats inside asked how old they were and when I said 4, he asked us to step aside for a moment. Then I was doubting things, but it turned out he only did that because he had to have us in the same mine car. But, yeah, they were 1000% okay with two 4-year-olds sitting next to each other and the parent behind them. Sorry you didn't experience that too. :sad2:

Nice - we did the safari around sunset and barely saw giraffes. But it was still great.

This was the best part of the sunset safari for me - the lions were ACTIVE! Like literally playing with each other like cats! Amazing!

Glad you enjoyed it. We had a Rider Swap that went unused since we didn't have enough time to ride it after dark (early park closing and Tiffins dinner took up the whole time).

All caught up now and looking forward to more! Happy new year!

Great start to your New Year! Hope you all had a nice holiday

I love safety signs like that - which can totally be taken out of context! :thumbsup2

Ugh, sorry you had such issue with the transportation. It is such I nice thing to have and not have to worry about driving but does feel like you need to allow so much extra time just in case things are running behind

The Edison is one of the things I am most excited for at Disney Springs .... that and the Neverland Tunnels if they ever get built

The sushi wasn't great at CM so Dug definitely didn't miss anything ... fully agree with how good the sushi is at CG (not the cheapest, but it is very, very good)

I hadn't heard/read your story yet about the girls riding together on Mine Train. That is really interesting as they were very clear to us that to ride without an adult you had to be 7 and they further clarified that to ride with someone under 7 you needed to be 14 - and we were told that at both the Mine Train and Barnstormer. The only thing I can think of is that the rules we were told were for kids to be totally on their own, not with an Adult in the car in front of them but the CMs we had just applied that across the board and then what you encountered is what the policy is for when it is 2 kids with an adult or something. Definitely wish they would be consistent about it whatever the rule is.

Sounds like we had different experiences with the evening safari but both were good - definitely one of the best things about that attraction is that each ride is always a little different

Interested to hear about your Tiffins dinner - especially on earlier park closing days is a bit of a trade-off to have a bigger/longer dinner - definitely a place we want to try some day though

Catching up on A LOT of AK goodness!! I sure hope I can get DS on EE at least once next trip, nevermind 4 times like your little daredevil! She looks like she is having the time of her life, though.

I'm glad you enjoyed the JB show. We thought about going Saturday night for it after the Sip & Snack meet at DS, but we ended up having so much fun at the meet, we didn't want to leave for a show that wasn't getting rave reviews. In the end, the only thing I really missed getting the opportunity to do was the ToL awakening. That looks really cool! And we missed it in October too, unfortunately. I totally agree that a schedule of some sort would be so nice for us uber planners!

Definitely hope you get DS on EE! I think it is one of those rides that the first time can be nerve wracking but then after doing it once it isn't as bad the next time. So if he doesn't love it the first time, hope he is willing to give it another go! :thumbsup2

We definitely liked the JB show but I think you made the right call - I don't think it was worth making a trip just for that and did seem like you had a lot of fun. The tree is very cool, though just didn't like how the crowds come up when it starts and people jump in front of people that were waiting. Maybe if they just had a roped off area for people that want to wait vs those that are just passing by, etc. :confused3

*** Intermission - Trip Video!!! ***

I hope everyone had a nice holiday and wishing you all the best for 2017

Over break I managed to finish the video from our trip. Obviously will feature a few scenes I haven't gotten to yet, but thought this was a good time to insert the video.

Enjoy!!!!​

Great video, Phil! As the guy filming most of it, it's too bad you don't make it into your video.

I'm looking forward to your day at Epcot, as that's my favorite park. It looks like you had an awesome meet with Joy and Sadness.

The sunset safari sounds interesting. You got a nice shot of the white rhino! That sounded a little scary!

The Dole Whips with rum look fabulous! As much as I love coconut, I think I would prefer the dark rum also.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the Jungle Book show. It's great that AK is now an evening option.

I really enjoyed these updates! We have a reservation at Tiffins (a week from today--eek!) for lunch, and I'm excited to try everything that I've been reading about here on the Dis. You are making me question the fritters, though-- I'm not a big fan of bland. I am SO excited to see the nighttime safari. We had a very memorable rhino experience right at park close a few years ago-- they were frolicking in the rain RIGHT next to our truck. Glad your driver was on the ball-- and what a good story tell! I'm not counting on any nighttime entertainment next week-- still can't believe I thought there might be Pandora Land when we scheduled this trip a year ago:rotfl2:

Your video is awesome-- your children are SO enthusiastic about everything. A joy to watch!

Delurking to say I just laughed out loud watching Peter's face when he turned toward the camera on the MK train. (Official name is escaping me right now)

I love all those sorts of moments and it's why I keep putting off other stuff to go back to Disney with my kids

One thing I found with this safari vs the morning one was it felt like the animals were more interspersed together rather than segmented by species.

Interesting. Maybe the slightly cooler weather made the animals more willing to roam around and explore. I'm sure when it's the middle of the day they don't want to do too much in the heat.

That Rino was on a mission for some food! It definitely seemed like if our driver didn't notice him charging we would have collided - and pretty sure the truck would have gotten the worst of it!

Wow! That's crazy! Glad your driver was able to avoid a collision. Although, I guess if you're going to get into a car accident, it'd be pretty memorable to have a rhino be the cause of it.

I liked the dark rum one better and Judi like the Coconut Rum one better

That one with coconut is my go-to adult Disney beverage. I haven't tried the dark rum version, but I'm sure it's delicious.

The water screen worked fine and I thought all the performers were giving a ton of energy and seems pretty in sync.

Happy to hear you enjoyed the show. I know everyone ripped it apart after opening night. And I think that no matter what was there, it wouldn't have been well received. People are just sick of playing the waiting game with Rivers of Light.

this ride is Awesome! in the dark - so much fun!

Yay! Glad you had a blast. I was able to experience EE at night the two years I did the Everest 5K event, and it was a game changer! One of my absolute favorites. If people think you get two experiences riding Thunder at night versus during the day...EE blows that out of the water. I'm so, so happy Disney opened AK up and kept Everest running later.

Great video. Landon and I just sat and watched it. It definitely made me miss the parks, which personally, I think is a sign of a good video.:thumbsup2

Happy New Year!!

Wow, awesome safari pics! And so cool to see the rhino running by!

I'm glad you ended up enjoying the Jungle Book Show!

Love your EE ride photo! It really is awesome at night!

I loved your trip video so much! I especially loved the part when meeting Joy/Sadness and Olivia waved at Sadness and after finishing her hug with Joy went right over to her to give her a hug- so cute! And cool Buzz Lightyear ride video at the end! I've never seen that before.

Got all caught up!! Nomad's looks great! It was empty on our recent trip too (though we didn't do the lounge). Beautiful inside and hopefully will be more popular once Avatar opens.

Great end to the day! I wished I had a chance to see the Jungle Book show, I usually enjoy those things that others are quite critical about. For one, the Tiana Riverboat thing, Aria has already asked if we can do it again next trip. (that's a maybe from me, but she LOVED it).

Also cool safari pics!

Great video, Phil! As the guy filming most of it, it's too bad you don't make it into your video.

I'm looking forward to your day at Epcot, as that's my favorite park. It looks like you had an awesome meet with Joy and Sadness.

The sunset safari sounds interesting. You got a nice shot of the white rhino! That sounded a little scary!

The Dole Whips with rum look fabulous! As much as I love coconut, I think I would prefer the dark rum also.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the Jungle Book show. It's great that AK is now an evening option.

Thanks Annie - yeah, that is true - though one reason we do splurge on Memory Maker so that I at least am in some of the pictures. Definitely most important to capture the kids but something to consider for the future - maybe pass of the camera to Judi every now and then

EPCOT is my favorite park two and we had 2 days there this trip (just both towards the end) - definitely some highlights of the trip

The Dole Whips with rum were great! I liked that they had both options. I liked a few bites of the one with coconut rum but didn't need more than that - if I would just get one it would be the dark rum

Totally agree about AK now being a night option - we really enjoyed just walking around there at night

Love the video - we watched it a couple of times yesterday!

Thanks so much - glad you enjoyed it!

I really enjoyed these updates! We have a reservation at Tiffins (a week from today--eek!) for lunch, and I'm excited to try everything that I've been reading about here on the Dis. You are making me question the fritters, though-- I'm not a big fan of bland. I am SO excited to see the nighttime safari. We had a very memorable rhino experience right at park close a few years ago-- they were frolicking in the rain RIGHT next to our truck. Glad your driver was on the ball-- and what a good story tell! I'm not counting on any nighttime entertainment next week-- still can't believe I thought there might be Pandora Land when we scheduled this trip a year ago:rotfl2:

Your video is awesome-- your children are SO enthusiastic about everything. A joy to watch!

Thanks so much - and hope you have a wonderful trip! I hear nothing but good things about Tiffins - hope you enjoy it! The fritters from the kids menu weren't super bland (really not expecting more from a kids menu) just remember them being not being "wowed" by them.

Sounds like you did have quite the rhino experience! yeah, well, they seem to be moving ok with Pandora (hear the river ride is operational and at least 2 of the 4 theaters in the other ride - though still can't believe ROL is not open yet!

Thanks so much - glad you enjoyed the video. Two things jumped out at me after finishing the video 1) how many new (or new to us) things we did and 2) how excited the kids get at character meets - especially Olivia seems to jump up at down at the start of all of them

Delurking to say I just laughed out loud watching Peter's face when he turned toward the camera on the MK train. (Official name is escaping me right now)

I love all those sorts of moments and it's why I keep putting off other stuff to go back to Disney with my kids

:welcome: thanks for De-Lurking!!! I totally loved that scene on the Walt Disney World Railroad and knew I had to get that in the video ... a lot of this video reminds me of why we keep going back to Disney (and makes me want to plan another trip!)

Interesting. Maybe the slightly cooler weather made the animals more willing to roam around and explore. I'm sure when it's the middle of the day they don't want to do too much in the heat.

Wow! That's crazy! Glad your driver was able to avoid a collision. Although, I guess if you're going to get into a car accident, it'd be pretty memorable to have a rhino be the cause of it.

That one with coconut is my go-to adult Disney beverage. I haven't tried the dark rum version, but I'm sure it's delicious.

Happy to hear you enjoyed the show. I know everyone ripped it apart after opening night. And I think that no matter what was there, it wouldn't have been well received. People are just sick of playing the waiting game with Rivers of Light.

Yay! Glad you had a blast. I was able to experience EE at night the two years I did the Everest 5K event, and it was a game changer! One of my absolute favorites. If people think you get two experiences riding Thunder at night versus during the day...EE blows that out of the water. I'm so, so happy Disney opened AK up and kept Everest running later.

Great video. Landon and I just sat and watched it. It definitely made me miss the parks, which personally, I think is a sign of a good video.:thumbsup2

It might be about the cooler temperature - or just animals congregating at the water cooler after a long day at work, catching up on what each other did that day .... whether by design or not I thought it was great! :thumbsup2

part of me did think it would be cool to have the rhino hit the truck and that it would make for a great story - though I could also see that making for a huge delay if the truck was really damaged (and obviously wouldn't want anything to happen to the Rhino) - maybe if it was just a glancing blow that didn't really break the truck or anything

The JB show definitely suffered just from being "no ROL" and that people wanted to dislike it - and I get the "hate" a bit, there wasn't much of a story and compared to other nighttime shows it falls short. But we liked it for what it was

I really liked a bite or two of the coconut Dole Whip but a few was enough for me (not a huge coconut person) so if I was only going to get one it would definitely be the dark rum one, but nice to get both and get to try both

Fully agree about how great it is that AK is open at night now - that must have been cool to experience it during the runDisney event, especially knowing how special it was. I think as far as which "mountains" going at night makes the biggest difference on I would rank it 1) EE 2) BTMRR 3) 7DMT

Thank you for the kind words about the video - glad Landon liked it and hope it was more of a reminder of the happy times at the parks rather than making you sad to miss them :goodvibes

Happy New Year!!

Wow, awesome safari pics! And so cool to see the rhino running by!

I'm glad you ended up enjoying the Jungle Book Show!

Love your EE ride photo! It really is awesome at night!

I loved your trip video so much! I especially loved the part when meeting Joy/Sadness and Olivia waved at Sadness and after finishing her hug with Joy went right over to her to give her a hug- so cute! And cool Buzz Lightyear ride video at the end! I've never seen that before.

Happy New Year to you Alexis - hope you had a fun NY Eve!

Thanks! I loved seeing the open fields with the variety of animals so glad some of those pictures came out ok

I am glad I got one good ride photo in at least :rotfl2: EE at night really was cool!

Thanks so much! That clip with Joy and Sadness was a bit long but just couldn't bring myself to cut any of it as I really did love all of it - especially the part you mentioned (and the part at the end where Olivia is literally "jumping with Joy")

I do appreciate the videos they are adding for more and more rides as part of Memory Maker - I thought the Buzz one was pretty fun!

Got all caught up!! Nomad's looks great! It was empty on our recent trip too (though we didn't do the lounge). Beautiful inside and hopefully will be more popular once Avatar opens.

Great end to the day! I wished I had a chance to see the Jungle Book show, I usually enjoy those things that others are quite critical about. For one, the Tiana Riverboat thing, Aria has already asked if we can do it again next trip. (that's a maybe from me, but she LOVED it).

Also cool safari pics!

I agree that Tiffins/Nomad Lounge should get more popular after Pandora opens up (unless the "unique drink location" that is part of Pandora is too similar to Nomad Lounge, but we shall see)

I think it is a great example of you can't always go by what others say and good to do things for yourself. I can understand why people would be critical off it on opening day - especially if there were some technical issues ... but we enjoyed it for what it was. That said, really want to see the actual Rivers of Light someday!

Thank you!

Holy updates, Batman! I loved catching up, especially since you guys were in my favorite park :cloud9: and now I can't wait to go back! Looks like y'all had a fantastic day (if a long one).

Overall I think we liked Harambe market as a good option for lunch while in Animal Kingdom - some different choices and the portions were good for the price. Everything could have been a bit more flavorful (as mentioned, my sausage really needed a sauce) so probably not a "must do" but a solid addition to the park I think.
Agree about the sausage needing sauce - I used plain yellow mustard but a nice chutney would be a great option. And I have to disagree about Harambe not being a must do... for me it's a must do so that you can get the reef donkey! Much better beer than safari amber, IMO.

The one on the left has Dark Rum and the other one has Coconut Rum. What worked out well is that I liked the dark rum one better and Judi like the Coconut Rum one better - both definitely had enough "booze" so we felt we got our money's worth (they were $7 each vs $4.19 for plain Dole Whip). The ice cream sandwich was really good to - so all together this was a great snack!
Do you ever listen to the WDW Today podcast? They coined the phrase "adult whip" for the dole whip + rum and I have to say the adult whip is one of my favorite snacks at WDW! Someday I will get around to the fresh ice cream sandwiches....

In some ways has a similar fee to walking around World Showcase at night.
Yes, exactly this! I love the vibe in Africa while Burudika is playing and the lively atmosphere at the front of the park when they do the Carnivale show. The theming coupled with live performers is one reason I love AK so much. It's truly transportative.

So what did we think? Well, it is an unpopular opinion but we really liked it (and the crowd definitely gave big cheers at the end so I don't think we were along). Now, I will say, that we had the benefit of knowing what to expect and where to sit and where to look ... those people that reviewed the show on opening night didn't have that. And, if we are comparing it to the technical marvel that will rival World of Color that Rivers of Light has been built as, then, yeah, this is a lesser show.
Agreed! I miss this show and your photos definitely make me long to see it again. Now would I rather have ROL? Yes. But would I rather have an empty theater at night? NO! The dancing was so good and I loved the music. Come on Disney, give us something in that beautiful amphitheater!

Also, I just wanted to say that I loved your photos and review of Festival of the Lion King. Now that I've seen La Nouba, I find it even more amazing that Disney is able to put on FOTLK so many times every day and it's included with your admission. While FOTLK is nowhere near as detailed or lengthy as Cirque du Soleil, the talent is pretty amazing. Love that show!

I'm glad that you were able to work out what Peter's trepidation was over 7DMT so that he can try it later... hopefully!

02_Emma%20drinking%20water.jpg
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:
Hey, gotta build the immune system somehow!

I'm glad that the Jungle Book show was a success for your family. Maybe a little contrary to the popular narrative about it, but as long as you guys enjoyed it, that's what's important!:thumbsup2

Holy updates, Batman! I loved catching up, especially since you guys were in my favorite park :cloud9: and now I can't wait to go back! Looks like y'all had a fantastic day (if a long one).

Agree about the sausage needing sauce - I used plain yellow mustard but a nice chutney would be a great option. And I have to disagree about Harambe not being a must do... for me it's a must do so that you can get the reef donkey! Much better beer than safari amber, IMO.

Do you ever listen to the WDW Today podcast? They coined the phrase "adult whip" for the dole whip + rum and I have to say the adult whip is one of my favorite snacks at WDW! Someday I will get around to the fresh ice cream sandwiches....

Yes, exactly this! I love the vibe in Africa while Burudika is playing and the lively atmosphere at the front of the park when they do the Carnivale show. The theming coupled with live performers is one reason I love AK so much. It's truly transportative.

Agreed! I miss this show and your photos definitely make me long to see it again. Now would I rather have ROL? Yes. But would I rather have an empty theater at night? NO! The dancing was so good and I loved the music. Come on Disney, give us something in that beautiful amphitheater!

Also, I just wanted to say that I loved your photos and review of Festival of the Lion King. Now that I've seen La Nouba, I find it even more amazing that Disney is able to put on FOTLK so many times every day and it's included with your admission. While FOTLK is nowhere near as detailed or lengthy as Cirque du Soleil, the talent is pretty amazing. Love that show!

Excellent point about the Reef Donkey - ok, so "must do" for a drink stop ... but maybe not lunch ;)

Not sure how I feel about "Adult Whip" ... I mean, what tow consenting adults do in the privacy of their own home is fine but not sure I need to hear it on my podcasts ;)

Same wavelength as far as AK - especially now at night. Just a cool vibe while walking around. Transportive is a good word. Plus with the tropical setting it really feels like vacation to me

I think that is how I felt about JB - was it OMG amazing and all I hope what ROL is? No, but it was good for what it was and something different ... and like you said, definitely better than an empty theater

It really is incredible the quality of FOTLK that you get it including with your admission. That is the type of thing that goes to show the value of a Disney ticket even as prices go up ... especially if you compare it to a Broadway ticket

I'm glad that you were able to work out what Peter's trepidation was over 7DMT so that he can try it later... hopefully!

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:
Hey, gotta build the immune system somehow!

I'm glad that the Jungle Book show was a success for your family. Maybe a little contrary to the popular narrative about it, but as long as you guys enjoyed it, that's what's important!:thumbsup2

Spoiler alert: Pete did go on Mine train later in the trip (during the day) and did love it!

We definitely don't keep our kids in bubble wrap - not sure if that helps but they don't seem to get sick that much

We enjoyed JB for what it was and think it was something different and better than an empty theater

Your video is great! It makes me want to leave for Disney right now!

I always mean to take more videos when we are there, and then I forget. I am impressed with the amount you video taped!

Your video is great! It makes me want to leave for Disney right now!

I always mean to take more videos when we are there, and then I forget. I am impressed with the amount you video taped!

Thank you so much! Yeah, the videos I have done over the year are great when you need a bit of a Disney fix ... but also make we start mentally planning a trip back after viewing ;)

I've gotten better over the past few trips taking more video as I know ahead of time that I will want to do a trip video - I just use my little point and shoot camera and swtich back and forth between video and still pictures ... definitely sometimes miss things but try to do what I can

Part 55: At Disney - Day 6: EPCOT
An early arrival to EPCOT

We were up early again this day - as we had a pre-park opening ADR and it was one I definitely wanted to be on-time (if not early) for ... as I had a plan that I was hoping would work out

The kids were obsessed with being out on the balcony so we bribed Peter with some "balcony time" if he got ready/dressed (in the shot you can see the lake area that was in the middle of the resort and right be Peter's head is the pool that was closest to our building)

01_Peter%20on%20balcony.jpg

We got over to EPCOT and pulled into our parking spot just after 7:30am, so not too bad. You can see a bunch of empty parking spots in front of where we parked - they had recently started the "VIP parking" or whatever the extra charge parking is called, so that was reserved for that. Still wound up with a pretty good spot that was close to the aisle

02_view%20from%20where%20we%20parked.jpg
03_Walking%20towards%20entrance.jpg

We got through security - I think this was the morning both Judi and I got selected to have to go through the metal detectors (normally it was just one or the other while the one not picked could stay with the kids). The security guard just told us to leave the kids and I responded with "um, no - I am not leaving my kids" - so we had to take more time with first Judi going, then back to get the kids, and then me going through - a bit annoying.

Then we were in the line for people with pre-park opening ADRs at ~7:410 and we were let in around 7:50.

04_line%20to%20get%20in%20at%207%2041.jpg

I did have Judi stop with the kids for a quick picture in front of Spaceship earth. Also a close up of the family as you can see Peter was not in the best of moods at that moment :rotfl:

05_Family%20in%20front%20of%20SSE.jpg
06_Close%20up%20on%20family.jpg

Then we headed over to our destination, taking a quick monorail picture along the way.

07_Monorail%20by%20Imagination%20as%207%2055.jpg

And where were we heading? Akershus in the Norway pavilion of course! I took a few pictures of the area noticing all the extra roping they had up for the lines for Frozen Ever After (which had only recently opened) as well as the waterfall which is where there used to be the opening where the Maelstrom boats would peak out.

08_Frozen%20closed.jpg
09_Frozen%20waterfall.jpg

We then checked in for our breakfast!

Part 56: At Disney - Day 6: EPCOT
Akershus breakfast

We were called at around 8:10 to come in, and then were seeing Belle at 8:12 - we had an 8:15 ADR so I was pretty glad about timing so far

01_Olivia%20reading%20story%20book.jpg
02_Waiting%20for%20Belle.jpg

Both Peter and Olivia were pretty excited to meet Belle, but Emma was not into it/still a tad tired

03_Olivia%20and%20Peter%20with%20Belle.jpg
04_PP%20with%20Belle.jpg

We were then sat down at a table near the entrance. I made sure to ask for the bill right away so that I could get that taken care of and we would be set to leave when we were ready. We also ordered coffee and juice at this time.

No princesses were out at that time so we made a few trips to the buffet to get food for the kids and us. First a few buffet pictures

05_Buffet%201.jpg
06_Buffet%202.jpg
07_Buffet%203.jpg

And then some of a few of our plates. First Judi's plate (she loves that brown cheese stuff) and then Olivia's (big fan of bagels with cream cheese). Overall we like the variety of the breakfast buffet here and it is nice to get some of this plus the family style plated food they bring out to you.

08_Judis%20plate.jpg
09_Olivias%20plate.jpg

And speaking of the foot platter - here it is! We love the cheesy potatoes (we wound up ordering extra of these)

10_Food%20platter.jpg

Then the princesses started coming around. First we met Aurora who was very pleasant and one of the more animated/engaging Aurora's we have had. Emma was still not up for meets, but was getting better

11_Aurora.jpg

Then they started the Princess Parade (which Judi carried Emma for) and then Ariel came by who is always one of our favorites - love the little details she did like playing with her hair.

Princess%20Parade%20in%20Akershus.gif
Ariel%20meet%20in%20Akershus.gif

12_Ariel.jpg

And then Snow White came by who is another one of our favorites

13_Snow%20White.jpg

We only noticed 3 princesses out (I feel like we had 4 come by in the past) but everyone had eaten plenty (like I said, extra potatoes) and was ready to leave so we were good - it was a bit past 7:45 at this point

Coming up - does my plan come together in a nice little package?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter