A Pink Pixie Princess - Complete!

WOOHOO!!!!!
party:
WOOHOOOOOOO

Seriously, have you ever seen the "you are in the queue" screen?! I thought someone was playing a prank on me or something!! :faint:
And, I was watching that thread play out and it was all I could do to resist jumping online and registering.
This is me, exactly, EVERY TIME there is a runDisney race registration. The addiction is real.

WOOHOOOOOOO

Seriously, have you ever seen the "you are in the queue" screen?! I thought someone was playing a prank on me or something!! :faint:

This is me, exactly, EVERY TIME there is a runDisney race registration. The addiction is real.

When I saw people talking about it, I clicked on the registration just to see it. Strange, but the more I think about it probably a good way to do it. At least you see some progress and you can make yourself stay patient to wait it out. Seems like before when you landed in queue it just told you that you were in queue. I'm glad I saw it today in anticipation of marathon weekend registration. I'm totally not worried about getting in for Goofy, but it's still nice to know what to expect.

This race obviously still remains insanely popular.

Yay!

I got the queue thing when I registered for Princess 2015. I really thought that the new system was supposed to eliminate the queue screen, so I was super confused. But from reading the thread it seems like people got in for whatever they wanted, which I guess means the queue screen didn't cause too many problems.

Trying to remember my thoughts from your last couple of udates . . .
First of all, Yay! Congrats on getting all of your races registered for Wine and Dine! I can't wait to see how those races play out. It sounds like so much fun!!

I love that red singlet! What a cool pattern!

Oh yeah, just you MENTIONING a Pixar race has me like :yay::love: I would be all over one of those! The costume possibilities alone would be so fun haha My little brother has a Pixar podcast that gets him invited to Pixar with each new movie they make, and I'm always green with jealousy. I am a big time fan!

Great pace on your 2:1 intervals! You are just clipping along there!!

Keep us posted on how you continue to do with your standing desk! I hope it works well for you!

When I saw people talking about it, I clicked on the registration just to see it. Strange, but the more I think about it probably a good way to do it. At least you see some progress and you can make yourself stay patient to wait it out. Seems like before when you landed in queue it just told you that you were in queue. I'm glad I saw it today in anticipation of marathon weekend registration. I'm totally not worried about getting in for Goofy, but it's still nice to know what to expect.

This race obviously still remains insanely popular.
Yeah, once I realized what it was and my little guy started to walk, I calmed down a bit. If I'd known it was going to happen I probably would not have flipped out (I didn't REALLY flip out but I did have a "***?!" moment in there). :p
Yay!

I got the queue thing when I registered for Princess 2015. I really thought that the new system was supposed to eliminate the queue screen, so I was super confused. But from reading the thread it seems like people got in for whatever they wanted, which I guess means the queue screen didn't cause too many problems.
Just for my blood pressure. :eek: But yeah, like you said, it seems like most people got in. Whew!!
Trying to remember my thoughts from your last couple of udates . . .
First of all, Yay! Congrats on getting all of your races registered for Wine and Dine! I can't wait to see how those races play out. It sounds like so much fun!!
Yay, thanks!! I'm so excited for it.
I love that red singlet! What a cool pattern!
I love it too!! I'm really excited to get that one. :)
Oh yeah, just you MENTIONING a Pixar race has me like :yay::love: I would be all over one of those! The costume possibilities alone would be so fun haha My little brother has a Pixar podcast that gets him invited to Pixar with each new movie they make, and I'm always green with jealousy. I am a big time fan!
RIGHT?! They have so many great options with that theme for a race weekend!!

Can I be best friends with your brother please?! :upsidedow
Great pace on your 2:1 intervals! You are just clipping along there!!
Thanks!! I'm so glad to be seeing improvement. I am sure it'll slow down soon, but it's encouraging.
Keep us posted on how you continue to do with your standing desk! I hope it works well for you!
Will do! I haven't stood at it today so I'll need to change that! ::yes::

Glad you got him in! I've seen that que thing before but don't remember when, I think when we were "testing" to get in to something, but can't remember for the life of me which race.
Good to hear on your healing too and getting back into training for your Tink races, hope that deferral pops up for you.

Yay! I can totally understand being stressed out about the on hold screen. I probably would've freaked out too.

Your running is really coming along! What a comeback. That is so exciting that you are in for the Wine And Dine challenge! I personally like that they switched it to a morning race and added the 5k/10k races, but I guess a lot of others don't. I will look forward to your race report! I got into the NYC marathon, which is that same weekend, so no W&D for me this year - maybe next year if it all runs smoothly!
I wanted to ask you about the InknBurn pants - I have been wanting a pair of the 210 pants but they have not been available, now the Rose pants are out but I'm not sure how they are different from the 210s? Also, I'm (ahem) vertically challenged (about 5'3) so I'd guess I'd have to have them hemmed...any idea if that's feasible with those pants?
I hope the Tink deferrals come thru now that they've announced the Star Wars deferrals - with less than 3 weeks to spare, sheesh!

Glad you got him in! I've seen that que thing before but don't remember when, I think when we were "testing" to get in to something, but can't remember for the life of me which race.
Good to hear on your healing too and getting back into training for your Tink races, hope that deferral pops up for you.
I have NEVER seen that - I didn't see it for 2015 Dumbo or 2016 GSC registration, both of which went super fast. :confused3 I'm glad I know what it is now!

I hope the deferral pops up too! I've seen rumors that people are being told 4/18 but who knows if that's right??
Yay! I can totally understand being stressed out about the on hold screen. I probably would've freaked out too.
It was freaky! Once my little guy started walking along the progress bar and I saw posts from other people seeing the same thing, I calmed down. But I definitely was alarmed for a second or two!

For anyone who doesn't know...this is what the queue screen looks like (I took this off of Facebook - from someone with a very old version of Internet Explorer, apparently). It looked fake to me because it doesn't look a thing like the Active.com website (different fonts, colors, etc.):
25860145040_fd17d3d6fc_o.png

Just a quick FYI deferrals for Star Wars came out today, so there's still hope for PDC!
Haha, you're the 3rd person from the boards to tell me this! I must be freaking out about Tink deferrals a lot. Thanks for looking out for me! ;)
Your running is really coming along! What a comeback. That is so exciting that you are in for the Wine And Dine challenge! I personally like that they switched it to a morning race and added the 5k/10k races, but I guess a lot of others don't. I will look forward to your race report! I got into the NYC marathon, which is that same weekend, so no W&D for me this year - maybe next year if it all runs smoothly!
Thanks!! That's awesome that you got into NYC, congratulations!!

I would have liked for them to have kept it as a night race, but I'm still excited for the weekend. :)
I wanted to ask you about the InknBurn pants - I have been wanting a pair of the 210 pants but they have not been available, now the Rose pants are out but I'm not sure how they are different from the 210s? Also, I'm (ahem) vertically challenged (about 5'3) so I'd guess I'd have to have them hemmed...any idea if that's feasible with those pants?
YES - if you have a good tailor that you trust, they should be able to hem them for you. I guess some tailors don't like to work with the stretchy, athletic fabric, but I got my 210s hemmed and it was fine.

Apparently the rose pants are going to be more "true blue" than the 210s, which are very dark (almost black). I got a shipping notification for my rose pants yesterday so when they come I'll post a picture of both of them together...but this is the concept art - 210s on the left and rose on the right. You can kind of see the color difference if you can get past the blurriness...
26066648921_09e46f1642_o.jpg

I hope the Tink deferrals come thru now that they've announced the Star Wars deferrals - with less than 3 weeks to spare, sheesh!
Me too!! I cannot believe they announced the deferrals so late...they really are waiting until the last minute for SO many things.

And it just proves that the people on the phones at runDisney really don't know what is going on (since I talked to someone last week who said there were NO Star Wars deferrals). :confused3

Mr. A is IN for the 10K! And not a moment too soon, as the race went ON HOLD in just about 12 minutes!

Congrats on getting Mr. Ariel in! Hope you enjoyed a celebratory drink last night!

I swear I have seen that queue screen, but I can't for the life of me think of when. I don't think I saw it for GSC, but I registered early with AP so maybe it's different for AP since there's less spots. Maybe last year's W&D? It just didn't suprise me for some reason?

Congrats on getting Mr. Ariel in! Hope you enjoyed a celebratory drink last night!
Thanks! :teeth: I did have some wine with dinner, that counts, right? I'm so boring.
I swear I have seen that queue screen, but I can't for the life of me think of when. I don't think I saw it for GSC, but I registered early with AP so maybe it's different for AP since there's less spots. Maybe last year's W&D? It just didn't suprise me for some reason?
I did general registration for GSC and didn't see it. I have never seen it before! :confused3 Last year's W&D would make sense since that one sold even faster than this year.
Congrats on getting both you & Mr A into the races you wanted for W&D. That's very exciting!!!
YAY!! Thanks!! :yay:

So ... I watched the first episode of Daredevil last night. It's way too bloody for me (I'm super squeamish), but I actually really enjoyed it.
I just wanted to share that because I know you like Daredevil. I have to watch it very slowly (more than 1-2 episodes a day will probably be too much for me), but I'm going to try to get through season 1, then watch Jessica Jones, and then move on to season 2.

So ... I watched the first episode of Daredevil last night. It's way too bloody for me (I'm super squeamish), but I actually really enjoyed it.
I just wanted to share that because I know you like Daredevil. I have to watch it very slowly (more than 1-2 episodes a day will probably be too much for me), but I'm going to try to get through season 1, then watch Jessica Jones, and then move on to season 2.
Isn't it though?! If you can believe it, Season 2 was actually harder to watch in that regard.

Jessica Jones is different...it's more psychological violence than physical violence, if that makes sense.

I really don't know what it says about me that I like these shows. :faint:

INKnBURN - April Fu!

Remember, trust no one today!! So what does this mean?!
ssnimfrBnbGQbA1UMxOGYlNs6l_TBh8rIZmb2OOSyK8cfoP78HGmwJ1m7MIPQFeOyxRd8MXGEhaMJk_mjqLW4POamb8cSWX4BuEyQsK4FG4mDrQk-ZI6XNjGEiAt0G0Tu6ezF_mmfGQYxz_Ei8Np46yBU8HHLgUST3mmGl4=s0-d-e1-ft

April Fools pre-orders are up for INKnBURN - the April Fu Track Suit (a track suit is something they have never done before) and a mystery hoodie - the "Better Be Great Hoodie."

I ordered - because FOMO is real - and have no idea what the hoodie pattern will be. People have speculated that it'll be something with a bee (because of the name of it), but who knows! I'm excited though - last year's April Fools mystery item was the Fish Tank, and I LOVE that. And I don't have a hoodie from them yet.

As for the track suit...the close-up detail of the fabric is really pretty (there's a magnifying feature on the website), and I LOVE the colors. They're the colors of the college that I went to, so this is right up my alley. Add to that the fact that the fabric is the same as what they use on the skirts and shorts (so very light, silky and comfortable)...I'm excited for this!...

...of course, that's actually assuming that is really IS a track suit and I won't be surprised with something totally different when it does arrive! :eek:

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
Jessica Jones is different...it's more psychological violence than physical violence, if that makes sense.

So it's going to make me cry and scream, as opposed to Daredevil, which will make me nauseated from all the blood. Got it.

...of course, that's actually assuming that is really IS a track suit and I won't be surprised with something totally different when it does arrive! :eek:

Yeah, that track suit definitely threw me off when I saw it. I'm curious to see if it's actually a track suit or if the joke is that it's something entirely different...

So it's going to make me cry and scream, as opposed to Daredevil, which will make me nauseated from all the blood. Got it.
Basically. Again, I don't know what this says about me as a person...they're both dark shows. :confused3
Yeah, that track suit definitely threw me off when I saw it. I'm curious to see if it's actually a track suit or if the joke is that it's something entirely different...
I'm totally thrown too. :confused3 :rotfl2: The sale post was pretty detailed, which makes me think it COULD be a track suit...then again, it IS April 1...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter