3/18 Wonder: The Very Merry Unbirthday "Lovely Cruise" **PICS!**

Hey, Me too. Love reading this & I am with you too on the DD. I will be celebrating my 40th birthday while on the ship (double gulp) :scared1:

Yes...I've already become addicted to these boards! I found a board exclusively for our cruise in the "Cruise Meets" forum. Sat and Sun I got through all 460 posts! :rotfl: Sounds like we'll have some really really good people on board with us. If you haven't checked out that forum, I highly recommend it! We cruisers are already planning “games” to play with eachother’s room doors, kids to connect with one another prior to the cruise so they have some “familiar” new friends when they go to their exclusive camp activities, pulling together school supply donations to schools of the kids in the country we’ll be visiting, planning high tea and brunch dates with one another, and so much more (did I mention drinks?) :)

Since I'm not yet allowed to post a link, you'll have to combine these two lines with the "www" in the begining, and then it will take you right to our forum:

disboards.com/ PLUS

showthread.php?t=1344864

If you haven't already seen this, enjoy a new source!!

Thanks, Kimberly!
We will have a grand 'ol time on the DD! I'm insanely excited.:woohoo: I was on the boards last week and I noticed my ticker and I started yelling, my husband was wondering what I was screaming at, he thought I got hurt or something. No......it was just my ticker went down from 17 months to 16! HA! LOLLLLL!:rotfl:

That is SO funny! We have another milestone coming up in a little more than 2 weeks, so you can scare him again! We'll reach the countdown day from 500 to 499!

"I never used to miss the chance to climb up on his knee
and listen to the many tales of life upon the sea
We'd go sailing back on Barcantines,
and talk of things we did
The world was just a day away
for the Captain and the kid"

When we left off last, I was face down on the bed. When the kids & Ron returned from the pool, I woke up in a panic. We only had a short time to get ready for the show & dinner…and it was Pirate night…and Lifestyle Portrait night….So much to do, so little time.
There was lots of flustered scrambling about. In fact we had no choice but to double team the shub. Girls first, then boys. TWO people in one shub! Amazing!

Brendan was the only one who had a pirate costume. He had been one for Halloween last year. It was kind of an improvised thing, the top half was the Captain Jack costume from Target, the rest of it we just threw together. It was pretty cute, though. Problem was, he had gone through a pretty big growth spurt between October and March, and now it didn’t quite fit. I thought it was so bad I questioned whether or not he should even wear it. Ron’s reply? “He’s a PIRATE. It’s fine. Besides didn’t Captain Jack have his belly showing?” Hmmm. Not this much, I certainly would have noticed! Ha!

cruisemar07312.jpg

Once again, we had to rush down to the Walt Disney Theater for the show. We were a little earlier than last night, but still late enough to have difficulty locating seats. Somehow, once again four seats magically appeared before our eyes and we rushed over to grab them. Yet again on the aisle, this time over to the right side of the theater. We scooted over there, and I was careful to not step on anyone this time. Tonight’s show was magician and illusionist Mike Super. The kids, especially Brendan, just LOVE magicians, and they were anxiously looking forward to it. Mike Super was very entertaining. The show was not cheesy, and all ages really enjoyed it. The illusions were pretty neat and involved audience participation. For instance, one audience member was levitated four feet above the ground. I don’t know how he did it, it was really cool and looked real (there was no evidence of wires or anything like that). He also made predictions about what random audience members were going to tell him, which made up a cute vacation story. The predictions were locked in a box that hung in the audience’s full view the entire show (it was one guy’s job to watch the box for the duration of the show for any evidence of tampering!). Then Mike threw a ball around in the audience and each person told him a word and when the box was opened, all of the words were magically on the paper inside it. At the end he produced “snow” from his bare hands. If I had to pick one word to describe this show, it was neato. I highly recommend if you are anywhere you can catch a Mike Super performance, don’t hesitate! He’s fantastic!

After the show, we made our usual and planned stop in the atrium for photos. Tonight was the lifestyle portraits, the white background. I had made an effort in our pre-cruise planning to have all of our outfits match tonally, so our photos would look great no matter what night they were done. Pirate night, however….? It just didn’t work out. We didn’t clash terribly; we just didn’t match as well as I had planned. Savannah had switched dresses; Brendan was in his pirate getup. It wasn’t the best night for the white backdrop but we didn’t have much choice. The line took a bit longer, as the photographer was taking many shots of each subject. When it was our turn we also got a barrage of poses, most of which we bought. They did come out pretty decent: (If you look close at my arm, you can see my two-tone sunburn!)
white1.jpg

Over on the other side of the atrium and down on deck 3, the sunset backdrop was set up. I have to say that this is my absolute favorite of all the backdrops. Something about that melting Mickey sun! We got some very nice shots done over there.

sunsetgirls.jpg

sunsetkids.jpg

Then we happened upon Snow White, and she had no line at all. Woo-hoo! And then we had another picture we had to buy.

snowwhite-1.jpg

After that, we wandered about the lobby a bit. I know we separated for a short while, but I can’t remember why. It was during that time, I spotted Captain Henry mingling with the guests over by guest services. I wanted to get a picture of the kids with him, but I had to wait around for Ron & Brendan to get back. When they finally did, we got lucky, Captain Henry was all alone, so we bum rushed him for a quick photo.

cruisemar07319.jpg

Unfortunately, Captain Henry- who btw was so friendly and polite- made the mistake of asking the kids if they found any treasure out on CC earlier in the day. OMG. Brendan spouted out a second to second play-by-play of the events that occurred at the little archaeological dig out in the OC. He was talking about bones, treasure, digging...oh my goodness. He didn’t even stop to breathe; he was so excited to be telling the Captain about his adventures! Finally I had no choice but to cut Brendan off, he could have gone on all night. We bid good evening to Captain Henry, who I’m sure was happy to finally escape! ;)

By then it was time for our dinner seating. Well, actually past time, again. Tonight was Pirates in the Caribbean dinner in Parrot Cay. pirate: We arrived a bit late again, which is just as well. Who wants to wait in that big line anyway? As we came in, we were shown to our table since we had been in Palo the night before. (This was the 2nd night at PC in our rotation APPT) I have to say I like the way they do the repeated restaurant and Pirate night on the 3rd night. It works out really well on the 4 night cruise.

We noticed when we sat down that all of the servers had on cool Pirate outfits. It really made the atmosphere. I think PC is the best restaurant to be in on Pirate night, too. It just makes it seem that much more authentic. We put on our pirate bandannas and got ready for a great meal. We noticed not a whole lot of folks had dressed up in pirate wear. Or should I say, had dressed down. The ones that had were in matching POTC T-shirts and shorts. It sure would have been nice to go a little casual one night, in retrospect. This was the only night we saw shorts in the dining room, though…and not many of them at that. Simona came by and brought bread, and got our drink order. She did not remember our preferences, but I am not surprised by that on the 3 and 4 night cruises. It must be difficult with such a turnaround. Tonight, she left the bread basket on the table and it had a whole lot of crusty Cuban rolls in it. There was a thing going on where you could get a souvenir glass (actually a plastic tumbler) that lights up all different neon colors. It cost $3.50 with a purchase of a “drink” (meaning the alcoholic or specialty variety). Brendan was getting a vanilla smoothie anyway, so I told her to go ahead and bring it in the flashing cup. The kids liked it. Ron was surprised, he didn’t know it cost $3.50, he thought it was like 99 cents. Oooooops! Here is a picture; you can see one of them on the table in the background, lit up in blue.

cruisemar07327.jpg

With the silly indulgences aside, it was time to get down to business, and by that I mean food. For appetizers, Ron had the Blackbeard’s Crab Cake. I’m not too big on crab, but I tried a bite and it was good. I had the sun-ripened pineapple, which is just a pineapple wedge with a citrus and banana syrup on it sprinkled with coconut. It was a great starter, light and tasty. The kids asked JoJo for watermelon, and even though it was not readily available this evening he tracked it down. They didn’t even end up eating hardly any of it, but we remembered his effort when filling out the tip sheet.

About this time the Shutter’s photographer happened by to memorialize the pirate festivities for us. The group shots were good, and the package is upgraded yet again.
pirate1.jpg

pirategrls.jpg

pirate2.jpg

Ron asked me later why I “messed up” this great shot with my “Arrrr” sneer. Because it was supposed to be a pirate pose, duh… (That’s a “Captain Hook” Savannah is doing, isn’t she cute?) Of course I’m buying it, too.:rolleyes1

Time for the next course, soups & salads. Not surprisingly we again ordered the same thing, Hideaway Bay Salad. It was pretty good. I didn’t eat all of it, like I had the one at Animator’s. And I don’t know why it is that I keep forgetting to wait to dig in until Simona comes by with the pepper! I was used to regular restaurants, how they serve the salad and grind the pepper at the same time. Here, all the salads are served, and then the assistant goes from table to table with the pepper. We were inevitably last and I already had a good bit of it gone by the time the pepper arrived. Oh well. As far as the salad goes, the jerk croutons and the fresh shaved parmesan are really good. I can’t recall what kind of dressing was on it, if any. Next time I think I’ll try the chilled honeydew & mango soup!

JoJo stopped by and we got some pictures of him with the kids. You might notice Brendan’s face is a little flushed. We didn’t notice it at the time, and later we were really wishing we did. Oh, but I’m getting ahead of myself.
cruisemar07325.jpg

cruisemar07326.jpg

The main course was on its’ way. Ron & I both had to ask for drink refills. They took a while to get, too. We didn’t know at the time that the assistant servers had to go all the way down to the galley for drinks. Would it be that hard for Disney to put at least one soda dispenser in each restaurant? Gosh. It makes it so hard on the servers. At least there is always water available, even though it has a bit of a funny taste. We had also finished the bread. I, for one was filling up already.

Now, I had checked out all the menus online prior to sailing, and aside from Palo, the one I was most looking forward to was Pirate Night. I had eaten a fantastic Macadamia crusted mahi mahi at Bonefish Grill not too long ago, and when I saw the same thing on the Pirate Menu I pretty much decided that’s what I would have. For some reason though, this night I just wasn’t in the mood, even though I had planned on it for months. Don’t ask me why. Instead I was drawn to the Pirate Island spiced chicken breast. Ron decided to get the mahi mahi, so we could split if I changed my mind. I didn’t though. A full breast of chicken, bone in rubbed with jerk-like island spices came atop a pile of red beans and rice with whole fried okra. Now the okra isn’t southern fried little nuggets, like I am used to, it was whole okra pieces only lightly dusted. Still good. The chicken was great and the red beans and rice rocked the house. I ate them all. I didn’t finish the chicken because it was a huge breast. Ron had some though. I tried a small bite of the fish and I was glad I had the last minute change of heart. It was bland, and the macadamia crust was soggy. He wasn’t impressed, either. The kids both had cheeseburgers. Savannah barely ate anything, as usual. Brendan ate the whole burger. And a lot of fries too. And don’t forget a bunch of bread. And vanilla smoothie. (You SO know where I am going with this, don’t you?)

My favorite part of the meal was next, and although I was very full I still had room for some Walk the Plank triple chocolate cake (and licked every crumb off my plate). Ron selected the Lost Banana Treasure, and his luck had not improved. It was basically one half of a banana, split, with some caramel sauce. It was supposed to be served flambé (or more accurately the flambé was to be done by the head server) but we did not see much (if any?) of Jeff that night. I did watch around and saw there were no flaming desserts anywhere in the dining room that night, so it wasn’t just him. He was still disappointed. The kids, as you have probably figured had their usual:

cruisemar07333.jpg

There would be no plates of "nothing" on our cruise!

Simona came by and asked Brendan and Savannah if they would get up and “dance” with her after dinner. This was our first cruise so we weren’t exactly sure what that entailed. We weren’t in suspense long. Savannah was being shy, as she thought it would just be them & Simona in front of everyone. Come to find out, it is a huge conga line & limbo through the dining room set to loud festive island tunes. Too cool! All the kids were up participating (and some adults snuck in too). Lucky for us, the limbo bar was set up right by our table, so we had the best seats in the house. We saw the kids go by the fist time, still right with Simona. As they approached the second time, I was waiting with the camera, ready to snap a picture. I saw Savannah, and snapped a photo of her…but where was Brendan? I scanned the line quickly but by then Ron said “Uh oh” and had hopped up from the table. I followed his line of sight up the middle aisle of the restaurant, there was Brendan, barfing right into the conga line!:sick: Oh the horrors!!:sad2: Simona was right there one hand on his back, trying to direct the stumbling congo-ers around the ummm…mess. It caused a bit of a chain reaction behind them. Nobody fell; they all just sort of smashed into the back of one another. Ron scooped Brendan up and hauled him quickly off to the restroom. I felt terrible for the family sitting at the table right there. Fortunately for them, dinner was pretty much over and they could-and did- get out of there in a hurry. But what happened in the meantime was more of that Disney magic! As if choreographed, a group of servers descended on the vomit like vultures on prey and lickety-split had it cordoned off and covered with a “tent” made of three chairs and a tablecloth! I was impressed. I am just thankful they did not bring out the pink absorbent puke granule stuff, like they sprinkle on it in elementary school! (I did see some of that the next day out on deck by the Mickey pool!)

Savannah and I waited a few minutes and then I settled our check. We met the boys outside the bathroom and dragged back up to the room to clean up. Ron said the CM’s were all asking our room number and we hoped we would not be quarantined. In fact, it was no virus. Brendan had just eaten too much bread. This had happened twice in the past month at other restaurants. (We were not quarantined, or anything. Nothing ever became of it)

Waiting for us back in our home away from home was our new pre-Easter bunny friend chilling out with some chocolate-mint-gold-coin-booty on the bottom bunk!

cruisemar07316.jpg

The kids almost immediately passed out. They were exhausted and with Brendan not feeling good, I wasn’t too surprised. Before they had even gotten undressed we had asked them if they wanted to see the deck party and the fireworks and the said no. They were so tired. Ron went for a drink run, and he came back gushing about the dessert buffet. He offered to go grab me something, but I too was so tired and full, I wasn’t even interested. Imagine that. That is true fatigue, folks.

:angel:

And another magical day was over.

“I don’t know
I don’t know
I don’t know where I’m a gonna go
When the volcano blow”

We have arrived at our last full day in paradise. Day four, an at-sea day. After falling basically unconscious early in the evening the night before (it’s all relative; our 11 pm is a normal person’s 7 pm) and not having an early excursions or a gorgeous beach to get up early and drag out to, we thoroughly enjoyed sleeping in ‘til almost 9. When we did wake up, we had a dreary revelation. We had Palo brunch scheduled for 10:30! We kindof just looked at each other and I said “I wonder if they will charge us if we cancel” Cancel Palo brunch? I know you all must think I’m nuts, but let me explain. First and foremost, we were both about to literally physically explode in a million little pieces. We were THAT stuffed. THAT bloated. THAT gorged. We simply couldn’t fathom eating massive amounts of food. Or really, even small amounts of food. None of the several suitcases worth of clothes I dragged on board contained clothes that fit me comfortably any more. Same with Ron. We were totally distended and uncomfortable. Plus, we were all still a bit drained, and were looking forward to a day of relaxing, not running around, getting ready and scattering around the ship. I wanted to take it easy and chill out. Before the spiel of reasoning had even parted my lips, Ron was on the phone to Guest Services, and our brunch reservation canceled. I wasn’t terribly disappointed. Besides, there would certainly be another opportunity, right?

With that taken care of, we rose leisurely and dressed casual. I managed to squeeze into the pair of shorts I wore very briefly on Sunday. I didn’t bother with makeup and hair, since being on deck by the pools would definitely be part of today’s equation! Other than that though, the only thing we planned out was the Celebrate the Journey “graduation” celebration for the OC. That was at 11:30. (Good thing we didn’t go to the brunch, we would have really been rushed!). We went up to BBB for some breakfast. Maybe on the next cruise we’ll get to try breakfast in one of the full-service restaurants. The food at BBB is only so-so, and I wasn’t too hungry to begin with. I think I had some bacon, sausage, and a biscuit. There wasn’t a long line when we arrived, but yet again, no inside tables. We got a table out under the overhang so at least it wasn’t too windy. We made fast work of that meal, and on our way out, I noticed the little cereal bar for the first time. It had little individual serving boxes of cereals. Nice! Wish I had seen it the day before! Anyway as we passed it, I let my fingers do the walking and grabbed a couple of boxes of froot loops. Never know when those might come in handy. We stopped at the Mickey Pool, because of course, we had to. The kids insisted. And what the heck? This was a go-with-the-flow kind of day. They had their suits on under their clothes, so we let them jump in for a while. Ron went back to the room to get some Parrot Bay to mix with his very watered down orange juice. The OJ seemed to get weaker and weaker as the days went by. We wondered if they were running out and had to keep adding more water to the little amount of concentrate they had left. …? Wednesday was turning out to be the coolest day of our cruise. The temps did not even reach 70 degrees and the wind was blowing fiercely. Once the sun came out later though, it was very nice on deck. For the time being, however, it was downright frosty! Of course that is because I wasn’t in the heated pool. Neither were very many kids yet. That wouldn’t be the case later. You can see just how much actual pool water is visible in the photos:

cruisemar07370.jpg

cruisemar07360.jpg

I had to go on a search for towels. Usually they were easy to find. This time they were way in the back, behind the little ice cream dispenser. After doing that, I went to get myself a drink and discovered the drink station had been roped off, and a CM was serving everyone. That caused quite a line to back up. Aside from being more time consuming, it was frustrating not being able to get my drinks the way I wanted (ice tea, in a cup filled with ice, and an extra cup of tea straight out of the tap). I drink a lot and I always get the extra “refill” cup so I don’t have to constantly make trips to the station. Grrr. I’ve read they do this when illness breaks out. I guess if that’s the reasoning behind it, then it’s worth it, but it was irritating nonetheless. The kids got to play in the pool for over an hour before we had to take them back up to dry them off and re-clothe them for the D-Sea-U graduation. I was happy to go back in and warm up. The sun still wasn’t out, and to quote Winnie the Pooh, the day was blustery at best. We got the kids dressed, and we had plenty of time yet, so we cruised down to the atrium for some pictures while it was deserted.

cruisemar07384.jpg

After that, we decided to get them up to the club. Best to be early. Problem was we weren’t early. I remember we had to walk up the stairs from 3 because we couldn’t get an elevator, and on the way up we passed a CM going down with gobs of the mouse-ear graduation caps in her hand. They were sooo cool!
We were surprised at what we saw when we entered the club. It wasn’t quite even 11 yet, but even as we arrived, the kids all already had their shirts on, and the CM’s were already lining up the kids to go! There was a short line at the check in desk, and once again we proved lucky. The line grew exponentially and massively behind us while we were waiting. Now, I’ve mentioned the check in/out process is a bit tedious and this day would prove to not be an exception. I could tell the CM’s behind the desk were a bit frazzled by all the activity. They were trying really hard not to show it. That is, until the family ahead of us reached the front of the line. I don’t know what it is about us, but no matter where we go (the grocery…sporting events and concerts….Mc Donald’s) we somehow always manage to end up behind people who don’t know what they are doing. This family is a case in point. Turns out that no, they did not want to check their kids in for graduation. The kids just wanted to play in the club. They had to have the whole graduation concept explained to them, which they in turn re-explained to their kids. Kids were pretty emphatic that they didn’t want any part of it. The CM tried to talk them into it. They still didn’t want any part of it. So then mom & dad ask if the kids can just stay there and play. Nope- well not unless mom or dad was going to stay with them. This apparently was not part of mom & dad’s plan. They were pretty ticked off. Yeah. And.so.were.we! And the million frantic people in the gigantinormous line behind us). So then they had to find out exactly what times in the day their kids could come back and have free time in the club. My goodness. Of course that required getting out a Navigator and checking both kids’ age groups…and you get where I’m coming from by now. Meanwhile, the transition to take the kids down to the WDT had begun. I was wondering if the kids would be able to get checked in on time to make it down there. In fact, the other CM behind the desk had cut off the line a few parties back and instructed them that since transition had begun, they would have to check their kids in for Grad down at the theater. Finally the unhappy family was on their way and minutes later we were on ours. We arrived down at the theater and walked in to find it rather empty. The first couple of rows in the center were full, so we got a nice spot dead center in the third row. Sweet. We had about a half an hour to wait before the show started. It went quick, as we spent the time going over the Navigator and discussing what our plan for the day would be. Finally, it was time for the show to begin. The theater was pretty full by now. The kids started filing in from the back. Lots and lots and lots of them. The filled the stage and STILL lines of gray shirted munchkins paraded up the aisles. We began to get worried when the lines finally stopped, and we hadn’t seen Brendan or Savannah yet. Then more lines started coming in the side door. Eventually we spotted them, first Brendan, then several kids later, Savannah:

cruisemar07394.jpg

cruisemar07398.jpg

The show was short, cute and entertaining. They showed a cute video montage that contained shots of the kids enjoying the clubs. Of course, not our kids. They weren’t there enough!
cruisemar07400.jpg

cruisemar07401.jpg

cruisemar07407.jpg

cruisemar07414.jpg

cruisemar07415.jpg

After the show, we literally RAN back up to the club. I had read in other TR’s about the massive line to pick up the kids from the clubs after Grad, and how long it takes. We got there pretty darn fast (I couldn’t believe how many people just decided to wait for those ghost elevators). In fact, we got there before even all the kids had made it back. I saw Savannah with other kids through the “porthole” window into the kids’ secret passageway between the club and the lab. Brendan I guess, was already inside. They directed Ron, who was in line, back into the club and gathered the kids from in there. Then they exited through a side door. It was a madhouse out front, as I tried to wiggle my way against the crowd and make my way out and around to the exit door. Thankfully, we were among the first couple of families out of there. We decided to go out on deck 4 to take more pictures:

cruisemar07422.jpg

cruisemar07426.jpg

cruisemar07436.jpg

cruisemar07439.jpg

cruisemar07446.jpg

The sun was finally out, but the wind was still blowing and the sea was choppy. According to the TV screen out by preludes, the temperature was a brisk 69 degrees. And you can guess what the kids wanted to do. Oh yeah. Mickey pool! We went back to the room to change once again. Dewa had been in and straightened things up for us. He was a godsend! When we walked out the midship lobby on deck 9, we walked right into a Donald Photo op. Awesome! There were only three or four kids in line:

cruisemar07449.jpg

donald.jpg

After that, we split up to grab some lunch. Ron had gotten in the Pinocchio’s line with Brendan, and as I went to get Savannah into the Pluto’s line I stubbed my toe really bad and ripped half my big toenail off! It hurt like HECK. I was bleeding all over the place. Ron came over to us in line and I asked him to take my place so I could go clean up the raw meat that was my mangled toe. I don’t know what caused the frustration, I guess the pain from my injury but next thing you know I was fuming and fretting and I dropped an F-bomb! And yes, we were right there in line, so I know the people around heard it. I got embarrassed and shut up real quick. I probably should have said I was sorry but instead I just split. Yes, everyone, that was ME with the potty mouth. My bad! Sorry! (Hey better late than never on that apology.)

Here are the kids showing off their favorite cruise food:

cruisemar07452.jpg

cruisemar07453.jpg

Anyway once we got settled with lunch, and I had recovered from my little faux pas, we were ready to do some serious relaxing.

Who am I kidding, right?

“So I'll just keep on dreamin'
Thoughts that are in my brain
You just keep on bein'
The lady I can't explain”

Early afternoon of the at-sea day on the Disney Wonder finds families with small kids nowhere else but the Mickey pool. It was unbelievable. It was a massive sea of humanity! It didn’t faze the kids a bit, they hopped right in and started having a blast. We meandered around aimlessly. There was nowhere really to sit. Of course all the lounges and chairs were taken, and even the rim of the pool itself was shoulder-to-shoulder with foot dipping adults. Ron wandered around and found a single chair up on 10. We went up there and halfway up the deck he found a lounge that he proceeded to drag all the way down to a spot where we could oversee the kids in the pool. It was kindof tricky, as up on deck 10, there are these little areas where the walkway kindof juts around (somewhat like a “Z”) but he managed to maneuver that thing through for me! We hung out up there until the stack blocked the sun and put us in a shadow. We weren’t hungry but decided to grab a quick bite anyway. I just had the Pluto’s specialty- chicken tenders and french fries, of course. Ron went into BBB and got some stir-fry. BBB has an oriental buffet on the at-sea day and we had heard and read good things about it. He said it was okay, but he’d rather have PF Chang’s. Once the shade had overtaken us, we dragged the chair around to the other side of the boat (sorry, I don’t have the SLIGHTEST idea what was port and what was starboard, but we moved from overlooking Mickey’s chin to overlooking the ears). I sat there reading a book while Ron walked around taking pictures. Now you see what I mean when I describe the endless pool of bodies:
cruisemar07454.jpg

cruisemar07473.jpg

cruisemar07475.jpg

cruisemar07459.jpg

After a while of just relaxing on deck, we decided to head back to the room, change back into our clothes , and go down and check out the shops. We went into Mickey’s Mates first. Mickey’s Mates is the more casual of the two shops, a traditional Disney gift shop with merchandise in bright bold colors. Savannah got a stuffed DCL –outfitted Minnie and a charm bracelet with several princess charms. Brendan got a little clip on-mickey and a photo album. I bought a photo album, several magnets, and several Christmas Ornaments. Then we strolled across the way into Treasure Ketch. TK is the more upscale shop with high-end merchandise, jewelry, and dress clothes (just in case something happens to your little black dress!). Ron was looking for a T-shirt. He didn’t find one he liked in MM, but found several in TK. I also became enamored with some nice pewter and wood picture frames, and more Christmas ornaments! We bought all of those goodies, and I just happened to notice that TK sells Jimmy Buffett’s “Meet me in Margaritaville” CD. But of course we hadn’t heard any JB the whole trip, not even at CC. Thought that was interesting.

We went from the shops, back to the room to drop off our huge bags of souvenirs (and immediately knew that stuff would absolutely FILL the extra duffel bag I had brought to bring back extras in. I was not looking forward to the packing later in the evening. I was NOT about to dwell on that however. The WDT was showing a matinee of Disney Dreams at 4 pm. We thought that it would be nice to catch the early show, which we expected to be less crowded, and have time to get ready for dinner a bit more leisurely than usual. I wanted to be sure we had good (ie- close) seats for this one, so we headed down to the theater about 45 minutes before show time.
And we were surprised to see big lines already extending from the closed entrance doors! So much for this one being less crowded! The wait in line was not bad as we chatted with some folks around us from Tennessee. When the doors finally opened at 3:30, we scooted in and charged down the aisle to the front row. We didn’t run anybody over, but we did run around a few! LOL! Even so, we ended up all the way to the right of the theater. It was nice to be in the front row, but I would have liked to have been more centered. The kids found a new friend sitting next to them:

cruisemar07480-edit.jpg

The show began, and it was fantastic. In fact, the Disney Dreams show had just been re-done, and we were the very first people *EVER* to see the new version! I never saw the old version, so I can’t compare them, but the show was phenomenal. At one point bubbles shoot out over the crowd, the kids loved grabbing for them (that’s a benefit of being up front):
cruisemar07491.jpg

Our pictures don’t do the show justice:
cruisemar07490.jpg

cruisemar07497.jpg

cruisemar07503.jpg

cruisemar07509.jpg

We really enjoyed it a lot, and as we filed out of the theater, we noticed it was standing room only in there. Was anybody at all going to the later shows? We would remember this next time. We had plenty of time before dinner, so we asked the kids what they wanted to do. You guessed it, swim.

This time we went over to the Goofy pool. “The Incredibles” was playing up on Dumbotron, and we all got in the pool to watch. This was the first time I had been in any of the pools (I had been in the hot tubs), it was nice when you are in the water and brutal when you got out.

cruisemar07514.jpg

cruisemar07515.jpg

The wind was steadily increasing as the afternoon wore on. We hung out in there for a while, and as everything started to empty out, we too headed back to get ready for our last evening on board.

Look at that happy face!

cruisemar07516.jpg

On the way, we stopped for a few more deck 4 shots. The seas actually look fairly calm in this one. They wouldn’t be for long:

cruisemar07513.jpg

We were glad to enjoy a more leisurely pace getting ready for dinner. Dewa didn’t like it too much, though. He had gotten all of the other rooms done, but he had to wait on us. I sped things up a bit and we headed out so he could do his thing. First stop was guest services to handle the tips. Though the lines were long, they moved rapidly and we got our tip envelopes in short order. Oh and we also got a copy of our onboard charges. Woooooo boy! The goal in the beginning was to stay under $1000. Let’s just say we revised that and the new goal was to stay under $20000. Yikes!!!!

Having accomplished that, we noticed that the lifestyle portrait background was up again. That was great, as I really wanted to get some non-pirate themed white background shots. By now the ship was rocking pretty good. I had gotten used to it and it wasn’t making me feel ill, but everybody was having a hard time standing and especially walking. Everyone looked like drunks staggering around like they were!

We headed over and got in the line for the white background pictures. There was different photographer there this time, and we had a really hard time understanding him. He actually only took two shots of us, and that was it. I had wanted to get some of just the kids but the next group was already walking out onto the paper. Dangit! So we hopped over into another line of shots being taken on the staircase. The rocking of the ship was so bad the kids had trouble standing on the steps. The photographer did a great job getting those shots taken fast!

white2.jpg

stairs.jpg

After the last of the pictures, we headed on to dinner. Tonight was Triton’s, and we had already seen the line forming in the lobby. We went ahead and got in the line, and thankfully did not have to wait too long. I loved the decor of Triton’s, gold and blue. Our table was close to the front door, this time. I like how your table is in a different location in each restaurant. They close the front door during dinner, so no one wanders in. I found that amusing.

Looking at the menu, I found none of the appetizers really jumped out at me. I didn’t know what to get, so I decided what the heck- this is vacation, right? Live a little. I chose the escargot.. Ron was like, “What!?!?!” He said “Are you actually going to eat snails?” Yep, well that is the plan. I don’t even know what he ordered, I was so focused on my bravado. I assume he had the shrimp assortment. The escargot arrived and here is the proof:

cruisemar07533.jpg

Yes, I just had to memorialize the event. You see, I was one of those kids that would not eat anything when I was little. Macaroni and cheese, chocolate cook & serve pudding, and KFC. And that was about it. (I was 18 the first time I had a taco! I swear!) As I have aged, I have slowly expanded my repertoire of acceptable cuisine but I still don’t take huge risks with my food. And this would fall in that department. And so how were they? Well, they were fine, basically they tasted like a chewy mushroom. Except that is for the little crunch at the end. I don’t know what it was that crunched, and I don’t really want to find out. I ate it all, but I probably will try the quiche on my next cruise. We’ll just leave it at that!

cruisemar07546.jpg

cruisemar07551.jpg

For salads, we both had the mixed garden salad. It was fine. Nothing special. I remember the vinaigrette was good. I didn’t even bother with the fresh ground pepper this time. I ate all the salad up, too. We both also had the Dijon-roasted beef tenderloin as our entrée. It came sliced, and covered in brown gravy with horseradish mashed potatoes. The beef was tender and flavorful. I ate it all right up, as did Ron. This was the first night we had eaten all of our dinner and were not totally full. I probably should have ordered double desserts. I was having a hard time choosing between the Grand Marnier Souffle and the Crème Brulee. In the end, I go the Crème Brulee and Ron got the Souffle. Both were good, but the soufflé does not compare to the Palo chocolate one. The Crème Brulee was fantastic and I scraped the bowl, wishing I had another one. The kids had the same as usual:
cruisemar07552.jpg

The pictures with the Mickey bars are always Savannah becuase Brendan would immediately decapitate (or more accurately, de-ear) his.

After dinner, the servers all paraded through the dining room, and Chef Winston came out. It was finally beginning to settle in that this cruise was almost over!
cruisemar07557.jpg

We really enjoyed our dinner in Triton’s. After passing out or tip envelopes and bidding good night (and farewell?) to our servers, we headed for Shutters. As I have mentioned (and you might have noticed in this TR), I am somewhat of a picture fanatic. I had already purchased a big package (the biggest, in fact) and now it was time for the hard work: narrowing down the selections. We grabbed our stack of photos and retreated to a spot at the front of the store, by the register. We immediately disagreed on which photos to choose. I made it clear there were quite a few I refused to part with and that we would have to buy an additional package. Ron was upset, because some of them (mainly the ones from earlier in the evening) showed movement, and because he was so drawn to those flaws, he did not want the photo. Well, I wasn’t going to budge because that was a particularly beautiful shot of the kids, and the layman’s eye would NOT detect what he was seeing (he is an x-ray tech so he is good at spotting movement in exposures). Apparently our disagreement was a little heated, and a little loud, because a nice lady come over to us from the line at the register. She said that she just wanted to say she knows how it is, because several years ago that was her and her husband on the floor arguing over their shots. She was very nice, and we immediately felt a little sheepish! Ron, in fact went out on deck, and I picked up the pictures and got in line. In the end he was still a bit upset because there was one group shot that he liked better, but I couldn’t stand it, and I didn’t get it. Eventually he came back inside, but he remained grumpy for about an hour or so afterwards. In the end the damage at Shutters was phenomenal. We spent nearly $600, but we got over 20 8x10’s and about 15 6x8’s. I promised Ron that next time I would cut back on the pictures. We headed out into the atrium lighter in the wallet, but with a brown folder full of great memories.

Time was getting away with us on our last night, but it was not over yet!

I'm getting sad knowing the end of your story is near!!! I can't imagine the saddness you were all having coming to realization the cruise was wayyyyy too short! Looking forward to your next (and maybe last) TR. (sniff sniff)

What a lovely family you have & what great pictures!!!!

Wow! That Mickey pool sure was crowded!:eek:

DH and I couldn't stop laughing as we were reading your TR. You are such a wonderful writer. Thank you for sharing your vacation with all of us!:)

Whew!, Now I feel some better. I thought our $300. on photos in shutters was just too much. That's not counting buying the picture holder album with the ship at night on one side. I am glad we bought them, but $300.? ouch!

Thank you, j_cwayman for your kind words! I am glad you are enjoying it!!:goodvibes

Yeah, that was a lot of $$$ to spend, but I hardly bought any other souvenirs. I don't regret it a bit! I am so glad Disney is coming out with the photo pass thing (darnit I forgot what it is called) where you can buy all of your shutters photos digital on a CD for $99! Isn't that awesome!!!:yay:

NCardella, you've got to be out there somewhere!!;) I only have a few more shots to post too. Its funny how we kept running into the same people over and over again....I'm sure there were so many others we never saw!!! well, keep looking.....hmmm...and I thought it was a small world after all???!!:rotfl:

“So you wonder why
You ever go home……
You wonder why you ever go home”

We stumbled, literally, into the atrium on deck 4, and literally upon a glorious celebration. The ‘Til We Meet Again show was about to begin. The cruise director Darren was down on 3 doing the introduction and next thing you know, characters are bounding past us on their way to the stairs! Exciting!

cruisemar07564.jpg

After the short intro, all of the characters took their spots in different areas of decks 3 and 4. What was to occur next was a strange frantic scramble; I would imagine something akin to speed dating. Have you ever heard of that? It’s when a bunch of people are in a bar and change “partners” every 2 minutes or so to meet lots of people fast. That’s kind of what this was like. Except with big headed, mouse eared, fancy dressed, well…characters. (!) We were right by where Captain Hook and Mr. Smee were, and ended up first in their line:

cruisemar07571.jpg

Right away I realized we would do best to split up, where one of us waits in a line while the other stays with the kids and takes the pictures then we swap out. It worked really well. I headed out to find a line. It was all about prioritizing at this point. We had already had some great character opportunities both onboard and on CC, but there were some characters we had not seen yet. I had no idea how long this shin-dig was going to last, plus it was getting late and ever closer to the dreaded witching hour of 11 pm (when all luggage must be in the hallway…. OR ELSE! And did I mention we had not started packing up yet?) So anyway first and foremost in the must do list were the PRINCESSES. Especially Cinderella, who is Savannah’s favorite. I went straight for her line, which as Gwen Stefani would say is hella-long. She was dead center on 3 and her line went all the way around the corner and halfway back through the promenade lounge. I walked to the end of it and immediately heard someone in close proximity tell their DD that the line was long and they “might not get to see Belle”. BELLE? Hmmm. I popped out of line and walked closer. The atrium was a hodge podge of bodies and sure enough it looked like Cindy’s line kind of converged with Belle’s. I heard another mom asking a lady if she was in line for Cindy and she said no. She turned around and asked me if I was in line for Cinderella and I said that I was looking to be. She asked another lady and lo & behold she thought SHE was the end of the line! There were only about 4 girls! Awesome! I frantically waved to Ron & the kids and they arrived just in time (or else I would have gotten a pic with her by myself!)
cruisemar07574.jpg

Deck 3 was just a mad house, and we decided to go back up to 4 since all the lines were short up there. We made the rounds upstairs fairly quickly:

cruisemar07576.jpg

cruisemar07578.jpg

cruisemar07582.jpg

cruisemar07580.jpg

Crowds downstairs were finally starting to thin a bit. We headed back down. Mulan had no line so we hopped right in to meet her:

cruisemar07581.jpg

Ron & the kids stood In Mickey’s line while I trudged back over to Belle’s not–quite-as-massive-as-it-had-been-but-still-super-long queue.

cruisemar07583.jpg

Darren had announced the characters would only be out for s little bit longer and as we waited for Belle I was mumbling to myself “Please just a few more minutes….please just a few more minutes”.

Well….we made it!
cruisemar07586.jpg

In fact we even had time to check out Hades and his blue-tighted wing hat dude.
cruisemar07587.jpg

It couldn’t have been more than a half an hour but we saw every character out in the lobby with the exception of the Muses from Hercules (what exactly is the plural for that anyway? Museii?). They announced the grand finale, but the clock was ticking and my suitcases were going to turn into pumpkins if I didn’t have them packed and outside that door in a little less than 30 minutes. I practically RAN back to the room (no elevator again – geez…four flights of stairs is NOT how I wanted to begin my frantic packing escapade!) And on the way up I was growling through my teeth (to the tune of “yes, we have no bananas”) “Yes, we have no elev-a-tors…we have no…ele-va-tors today!) I just can’t even imagine how much weight I would have gained if not for those stair workouts! Ha! Anyway Ron & the kids stayed for the big finale, during which I do believe they shower everyone with little silver Mickey ear confetti that to this very day is still showing up in the strangest places in my house!

cruisemar07592.jpg

cruisemar07594.jpg

Meanwhile, I was frantically stuffing suitcases. As I expected, the extra “souvenir” duffel bag was quickly filled and I had to get creative. Dewa had left us our orange goofy luggage tags earlier in the day and I began hooking them onto our many already stuffed to the brim suitcases. Of course, he had only left us five tags even though twice daily he stepped over more than five suitcases. Not that it was a problem. They leave plenty out on a table at Guest Services. I just had to send Ron down to get some. I told him to bring back 3. We had brought seven bags filled up onto the ship (and had used 7 of our 8 original luggage tags sent to us with our cruise docs). Plus the extra, souvenir duffle made eight. He brought back a handful of them, which at first I thought was a bit silly. At first. I was throwing bags out into the hall one at a time, as I finished packing them. That’s what everybody seemed to be doing. Every time I popped out, on or another of our neighbors was bringing one of their bags out and deciding what direction down the hall to extend their pile of baggage. At one point a lady from across the hall poked out of her door to chat with me. She was from Tampa too, and had seen on our luggage tags that we were as well. We met so many people from home. This was like the Tamp-on cruise. ;) Eh, hmmmm……………….it must be “Tamp-an”….
Anyway we spoke only briefly because it was now shortly after 11 and even though we were relieved to discover that many people were still working on packing, as evidenced by the occasional flying bag tossed out blindly from quickly slamming doors. The luggage crew were already starting to cart bags off, but it was evident they would still be working for a while. I finally thought I had everything done, packed. I double checked that I had left clothes and toiletries out for us in the morning, and then tagged up the last three bags…..but wait….there were four bags. I asked Ron to check outside and make sure the ones out there had tags on them…and to count them. He counted. 3 suitcases, one duffel, one garment bag. 5. And inside I had three suitcases and one duffel. 4. Doesn’t that add up to 9? How in the heck did we end up with 9 suitcases??? We were both a bit puzzled. I was SURE we only packed 7 (plus the empty extra one)…besides we had used only 7 of our 8 original tags. We both just kind of stood there perplexed for a while, and we never did figure it out. Where there once were 8, now there were 9. They must have found the magic in room 7539 and multiplied!

With that dreaded chore complete, we settled in to relax, and then I heard something on the debark presentation (that was on TV this whole time) about turning the pagers back into the club, or else paying a fee. Ron was not happy about having to go back down to the club and drop it off, but I was already undressed. I offered to get back dressed and go do it, but he just grumbled to himself and headed down to take care of it. He was gone a while and when he came back in the room, he announced “I almost just booked our next cruise”…my reply of course, was “Almost?!?!?!? Why didn’t you??” We had been discussing our next trip, and were interested in the Eastern…but we didn’t really have the deposit $$ right now. That’s why he didn’t just go ahead and book it. Oh well. I was a little amused that the booking desk was open at this time of night, but then again, only a few hours left to get that 10% discount! We put a call into room service and got some island cookies and milk. They were overdone again. But I wasn’t complaining. Really! How could I????

We settled back into the bed for our last night, with our slithery friend “Sssssss” the terrycloth towel snake looking over us.

cruisemar07598.jpg

Our last wavy gravy night. :sad2:

This TR has been fun to read and look at all the pictures. I love TR's with pics!!! Your daughter looks just like you! princess:

“Drink it up…
This ones for you
It's been a lovely cruise
I'm sorry it's ended
It's sad but it's true
Honey, it's been a lovely cruise”

Our last evening on board turned out to be much like the first: deep sleep and rocking seas. The closet doors were slamming again, and this night they seemed to be more noticeable. Not sure if the waves were higher or if I was just sleeping a bit lighter. I didn’t know it at the time, but I’ve since read there are Velcro straps inside the closet to hold the doors so they won’t slide and SLAM like that. Oh well, now I know for next time!

The next morning, we awoke, dressed packed up our carry-on’s (or are they now carry-off’s?), and headed out of room 7539 for the last time. We left an extra special gift for Dewa. You see, we had brought our own alcohol on board, and we didn’t finish it. (DIDN’T FINISH??!?!?!?:scared1: ) We’d heard or read (?) that you cannot bring opened liquor bottles off the boat, and since we had never been through customs before we didn’t want to risk it so we left our Parrot Bay and Captain Morgan on the desk in the room. Figured if Dewa didn’t want it, he could sell it on the cast member black market for cheap! Ha! They would have been fine going back in our carry-on bag, though…. We weren’t searched. ::cop:

The biggest benefit of late dinner seating, in my opinion, is the late breakfast seating on debarkation morning. We were supposed to have gone to Triton’s at 8:15 or so (It’s some ridiculously early hour for the first seating, like 6:30 or something like that!!:scared: ) . Somehow we arose early that day and had about 45 minutes to kill before breakfast. We discussed it and overwhelmingly decided to head up to BBB instead. Next cruise I will definitely try one of the sit down breakfasts, from what I’ve read the food is much better than the usual buffet fare (which was exactly the same every single day). We headed up expecting to find long lines and were pleasantly surprised to find BBB the slowest we had encountered yet! We grabbed our trays and food and actually found a big booth inside the restaurant! Shocking, I know. I’m pretty sure we all just ate the usual, Mickey waffles, bacon, sausage, and biscuits. I think Ron got an omelet, as he tended to do daily. The orange juice was predictably watery. And a little tidbit: the soda dispensers in BBB do not have iced tea in them. So if you want tea, you have to go to the drink station to get it. Or wait….is it ice they don’t have? One or the other. I don’t recall for sure except that something was not right!! :upsidedow

When we were finished eating, we headed back down to the atrium to disembark. On the way we strolled down the deck one last time and saw all the CM’s cleaning and readying the ship for those lucky ducks getting ready to embark! It was strange to see the pool areas so empty. Once we got down to 3, we saw there was a HUGE line for the Triton’s breakfast and we were happy to have avoided it. As we gathered our things and prepared to get off the ship, Ron noticed that Savannah’s hands were sticky. We stopped by the Triton’s entrance and Ron went up to the handi-wipe station to grab some wipes to clean her off with. When he did, the wipe container popped out and flew right down the hole into the “garbage” portion of the station! Ooops! That’s our cue to run like h*ll off the boat! :tiptoe: As we turned to the gangways we saw the big banner that says “See Ya Real Soon” and there was the CM waving goodbye to us with his big white hands!

cruisemar07600.jpg

“These moments we’re left with,
may you always remember.
These moments are shared
By a few…
There's wind in our hair
and there's water in our shoes.
Honey, it's been a lovely cruise”

But wait! It’s not over yet! Half the adventure is getting your luggage, right? Yeah….. :confused3 Once you disembark the ship, you make a sharp right hand turn and go down an escalator into what I can only describe as the bowels of the terminal. As soon as your feet touch the concrete floor, a porter is there asking who needs help, but we declined for the time being as we wanted to get our bearings and find our bags first. The luggage room is a huge, cavernous and warehouse-like. No fancy art-deco touches down here! There are lines of luggage every way you turn, but we quickly and easily found the Orange Goofy area. I began pulling out our bags. They told us on the debarkation talk that they try to line the bags up in order by room, but none of our section was in order. All of the bags were easy to find, though and by the time Ron had retrieved another porter, I had gathered all nine, yep- still nine, of them. Our friendly porter loaded up our massive pile of bags on his cart. I was afraid they would not all fit, but he managed to get them stacked on there, with the very last suitcase balanced precariously on top! He then carted the load through the baggage area to the customs area, which looked the same except for the long lines of people, people with luggage, and people with porters with carts of luggage. Amazingly enough, the lines moved fairly well, and our porter had guided us into the shortest and quickest moving one. When you finally approach the podium with the customs official, you just hand over your declarations and they ask you questions like do you have food items or vegetation in your luggage. I said no, with the exception of massive amounts of rum cake. He smiled and waved us on our way. That was simple!! No inspections, nothing. I could have easily smuggled back the booze (or even the leftover cookies!) back in my bag… Darn! With that done, we exited the terminal and headed off across the street to the car. Our friendly helper porter guy unloaded his massive load and we handed him an appropriately sized tip. Ron commented on how much money was to be made being a porter for just a few hours on Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. And we loaded the trunk and headed home. Traffic was light and we were tired and excited, sad and happy, fat and- well, fat…all at once. By 11:30 am, we were home.

Until we would see our next Disney Cruise liner…..real soon….. (Or, ahem, not soon enough!)

“These moments we're left with
may you always remember
These moments are shared
By a few…
And those harbor lights
Aw they're coming into view
We bid our farewell
Much too soon
So drink it up
This one's for you
It's been a lovely cruise
Yea baby, it's been a lovely cruise
Oh darlin'……
It's been a lovely cruise!”

The END. :cutie:

(almost the end, postscript next page!)

We returned home, and we adjusted to life after DCL, and it was a difficult adjustment indeed. It was almost unbearable not having the next cruise to look forward to. We kept checking the site looking for our next dream vacation, but we just weren’t finding one that would work for us. We wanted a 7-day and we were leaning towards the Eastern Caribbean, but because the Magic spends the summers doing special itineraries we just could not find one that would work. About a week later I came across the Alternate Western, which is Cozumel and Costa Maya with a DOUBLE DIP at Castaway Cay!!!!! There are only four (or five?) of these special cruises in the late summer/fall of 2008, and we were hooked the second we saw it online. By the end of the afternoon, we had it booked (and it only took that long to run through the scheduling logistics of which one to pick) and are looking forward to it with the crazed anticipation that only a DIS’er could.:disrocks:

A year and a half away? Pshaw, that will come SO FAST!! And, yes, we are still kicking ourselves for not booking on board, especially since our good friend Mr. Citibank financed it anyway! :rolleyes1

I would now like to take a moment to thank everyone who hopped onboard with us by reading this TR. :goodvibes I hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed researching and writing it! HA HA! Thanks so much for all of your kind and encouraging comments and please accept my apologies for extending it out until Memorial Day. Like the cruise itself, I just didn’t want it to end!:p

Adios, all my newfound amigos! Hope to see you south of the border in ’08!

Ondele!

:earsboy:

Loved your chronicles, Jen!! I'm sorry it's come to a complete end. :sad1:

They were very entertaining! The great news is that we will all have a chance to follow your cast again on the thread come next fall!!

Oh...and I WILL see ya south of the border in 16 months!! :goodvibes

:sad1: I'm so sad that you're TR has ended Jen!! I very rarely read a complete TR but yours was so interesting and so well written that I would look everyday for another part!! I absolutely loved all of your pictures!!! Can't wait until Fall of 2008 for you next one!!!

We're taking our 1st cruise ever on the Wonder in November of this year and I would love to write a TR. Do you have any tips for a newbie TR writer? I thought about taking a small notebook with me and when I'm sitting by the pool, or on Castaway Cay relaxing jotting down a few notes. Did you take notes while onboard?

:sad1: I'm so sad that you're TR has ended Jen!! I very rarely read a complete TR but yours was so interesting and so well written that I would look everyday for another part!! I absolutely loved all of your pictures!!! Can't wait until Fall of 2008 for you next one!!!

We're taking our 1st cruise ever on the Wonder in November of this year and I would love to write a TR. Do you have any tips for a newbie TR writer? I thought about taking a small notebook with me and when I'm sitting by the pool, or on Castaway Cay relaxing jotting down a few notes. Did you take notes while onboard?

No, actually I took NO notes!:scared1: Believe it or not! It worked out fine for the 4-night but I don't dare attempt it with a 7..too many details to remember! Actually what helped me in my recall was all the pictures I took (almost 700 of them), I put them in folders by day of the cruise and that helped keep the chronology straight. When writing the report , I had the folder with that day's pics open and just toggled back between the word window and the picture folder and the story followed the pictures! As far as the food, I went back over the menus on the Platinum Castaway Club website and that helped me remember what we ate. Also be sure to start your report as soon as you get back. Its amazing how many details I already forgot after just 2 months!!! I also kept all of my Navigators (pick up extra copies at GS to have one to keep nice for scrapbooking, etc. and one to use while on board) and was able to look back and reference them for times, etc.

I look forward to reading about your travels on the Wonder this winter!!! :cool1: :cool1:

We have thoroughly enjoyed your TR and are sorry it is over!!! We are wondering though, what the website address is for the Platinum Castaway Club website. We have been on 2 Disney cruises and have our 3rd booked for January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter