3/17 Update Day 13 of our 14 day! DISUnplugged PODCAST CRUISE and a rainy week at WDW

Hi Shanan!

Thought I'd drop by and say hi! :wave2: :wave:

since we are there from May 6-21, AND going on the cruise we might see you around. :lmao:

COOL!!!! I would LOVE to see your plans!! It would be quite amusing if some of our ADR's are overlapping..you do, do ADR's don't you;)

Of course I am guessing you are staying DVC..which one?
See you around!! :dance3: :dance3:

Hi! :wave2:

I'm enjoying your PTR!

We have some things in common:

I love food and talking about food!

We both live in Illinois

I met my first husband on May 8th... you and Jason met on May 8th.

My daughter Piper just turned two and your little Aaron is almost 2.

I was at Disney in September of '07.

:)

Hi! :wave2:

I'm enjoying your PTR!

We have some things in common:

I love food and talking about food!

We both live in Illinois

I met my first husband on May 8th... you and Jason met on May 8th.

My daughter Piper just turned two and your little Aaron is almost 2.

I was at Disney in September of '07.

Oh...oh another reader.... Hi Ann! :cutie:

That is too cool, lots of stuff in common!! Here is some more.....

We also were both at the DVC meet in December!

And I designed that logo in your avatar!

And we will both be on the podcast cruise in May! :banana: :banana:

When are you arriving in Orlando?

I don't think I have mentioned this before, but Jason and I are not big Breakfast people....so we usually just grab something small in the room like a nutrigrain bar and then head to the parks to eat the real food!

Today we will be going back to Epcot, why?....because it's flower and garden time...and it is also Jason's favorite park and....tonight is DATW (Drink Around the World) with fellow podcasters.

We will probably do whatever we didn't do the first day in Epcot.....
and repeat some...(Soarin', Turtle Talk, Nemo Ride, Spaceship Earth)

I still have yet to see the new show in Canada, and I have never watched the films in China and France. I have a mission to finally see the candy lady too in Japan! And I definitely have to see Lonnie at AA Pavilion he is the best CM! And of course watch AA.

One of our Epcot days we are also going to be trying the Kim Possible mission. Sounds like a lot of fun! I love watching Amazing Race....so I will see if I can handle it on a much smaller scale. Ha ha..well maybe not. :confused3

We will be eating at 12:00 pm at Teppen Edo. We have yet to eat here....we almost ate here when it was the old place can't remember the name...but they were remodeling it, so we got VIP seating for Illuminations. Lots of people say it is very good so I am looking forward to trying this.....PLUS I have never had Hibachi style food before, like Beinihana.

At 5:30 we will be meeting up with podcasters for the drink around the world event! :woohoo: The last time they did this I guess it took them 5 hours :confused: :scared1: So that will be the end of Day 2 at Disney World......:sick:

Hi Shanan and jason- enjoying the pre trip report and can't wait to meet you guys. I'll be leaving my 15 month old at home too- i know how hard it will be missing him, but at the same time, nice to have a break! :goodvibes

i am a first time cruiser too- so i plan to take it easy at CC like you guys- just intertube and some snorkeling.

Oh...oh another reader.... Hi Ann! :cutie:

That is too cool, lots of stuff in common!! Here is some more.....

We also were both at the DVC meet in December!

And I designed that logo in your avatar!

And we will both be on the podcast cruise in May! :banana: :banana:

When are you arriving in Orlando?

The Doorway to Dreams thing was fun! it would be great if we could get another one planned within the next 10 weeks.

I wish I could leave my little one behind... I mean... well... that didn't sound nice. I wish I had someone to leave her with. I have no one. :( (my hubby and I have not had a meal alone in over 4 years). She is almost potty trained so that it a bonus.

I am not sure what day we are arriving in Orlando. Probably not until after the cruise. My moms entire family lives in Melbourne, which is 20 minutes-ish from Cocoa Beach... I have to visit with family before the cruise. We will be in Orlando after the cruise for a few days. Not sure how many yet because my hubby is starting a new job and I don't know how much time he will get off. Oy! So much more planning to do!! :)

Is it exciting to see your logo all over the place?? :woohoo:

I'll be leaving my 15 month old at home too- i know how hard it will be missing him, but at the same time, nice to have a break! When Aaron was just 6 months old we left him with his grandparents for 5 days to go to WDW...the grandparents love it, and it is nice to be a "couple":goodvibes i am a first time cruiser too- so i plan to take it easy at CC like you guys- just intertube and some snorkeling.
I really think this is a good idea! I really like my 1st time doing anything just really exploring and figuring things out as you go! We are going to do the bike/innertube/snorkeling ! Maybe we will see you in the water :banana: :banana:

The Doorway to Dreams thing was fun! it would be great if we could get another one planned within the next 10 weeks.
Yes! We love going to the DTD meets! Where do you live in IL?
I wish I could leave my little one behind... I mean... well... that didn't sound nice. I wish I had someone to leave her with. I have no one. :( (my hubby and I have not had a meal alone in over 4 years). She is almost potty trained so that it a bonus. WOW! I could not imagaine never having a break!! That must be hard..sometimes.

I am not sure what day we are arriving in Orlando. Probably not until after the cruise. My moms entire family lives in Melbourne, which is 20 minutes-ish from Cocoa Beach... I have to visit with family before the cruise. We will be in Orlando after the cruise for a few days. Not sure how many yet because my hubby is starting a new job and I don't know how much time he will get off. Oy! So much more planning to do!! :)
So then you will be arriving day of the cruise? I hope you can be there for a few days after the cruise! Tell your hubby good luck with the new job....good to see he was able to find one during these tough times!! Congrats!
Is it exciting to see your logo all over the place?? :woohoo:
At first, it was VERY exciting to see my logo all over the place....now not so much...I have become jaded. It was pretty funny though...when we were in Disney in Sept 08 for Free Dining (gonna have to do a TR about this one...better late than never, I wanted to but got discouraged but now I think I will do it!) anyway we were on the bus over to Epcot and I was wearing one of my designs on a shirt and a young woman asked me where did I buy my shirt and I had to tell her that I didn't, and I made it and she was just :confused: I wish I could have explained more to her, but at that time she didn't seem interested.

At first, it was VERY exciting to see my logo all over the place....now not so much...I have become jaded.

My wife: hardened by her artwork being mass produced :rotfl:
I think it's an awesome compliment, and love seeing it in a lot of places :thumbsup2

Today is Hollywood Studios w/ Aaron (our son) and Nana (Jason's Mom)

The hours are 8 am (EMH)- 7pm

Must Do's since Aaron will be with us:
TSMM
Playhouse Disney (we took Aaron to this when he was 18 months, but it was before he really watched all the shows. Now every morning he watches Playhouse Disney...so I think he will really LOVE this show)
Meet the characters from Pixar's Cars
Honey I Shrunk the Audience play area (we played here last time and Aaron enjoyed it)

We have an 11:30 am reservation for Sci-Fi Drive In. We ate here on our last trip with Aaron and really enjoyed it, unfortunately it was on Nana's last day on our last trip so she didn't get to go.....we are going back there for her to try it, and Jason really had a good time with Aaron here.

Maybe we will see the Lights Motor Action (have yet to see this)
and Block Party Bash (saw this last time wasn't impressed)
Don't know if there will be a cool Wall-E character interaction yet...there really wasn't last time...there was a cool place for a meet and greet with Wall-E but I never did see him :confused3

Then this evening we have an ADR at 6:20 pm for Chef Mickey's. We really enjoyed the characters the last time, although Aaron was pretty frightened by Minnie Mouse :scared1:
SDC12334-1.jpg

SDC12335.jpg

..and the food was pretty decent...and the song :rolleyes1 "Come on a party, Celebrate Mickey Mouse!" I just hope we don't have to sit close to the Contempo Cafe...and everyone will be staring at us....well maybe they put up a wall by now! I hope! :laughing:

Not sure what we will be doing after dinner...up in the air....can't plan every hour! :laughing:

Today we will be going to Magic Kingdom with Aaron and Nana! What will we be doing here? AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!! I am a little saddened that TTA will be down as we got some really cute pictures of Aaron on the TTA in September and would have liked to get more to compare how much he has grown. We will be getting his picture next to Pooh's house.

We will be eating lunch at the Colombia Harbor house so Jason can get his Disney Chicken Nuggets!!

We will take the boat over to Fort Wilderness around 5pm so we will be there for our dinner reservations at Trails End Buffet. We ate here on our last trip and LOVED IT!!! It is soooo good and such a good value!

After dinner we will go to Chip and Dales Sing-a-long like we did last time! It was a good time and hope Nana likes it!

Jason and I will be going to Animal Kingdom today....but Aaron and Nana leave :sad1: Hope they had fun and we will see them again in 3 days.

So must dos:

Finding Nemo Musical, WE LOVE IT!!
Pocahontas and her forest friends!! I LOVE IT! Oh wait...its gone! :sad1::sad1: At least I have it on HD video, with a really good Pocahontas!!
Expedition Everest of course!
NOT the river rapids ride, don't want our feet to be cut off, I just listened to that podcast recently :scared1:
I wanna try to go to Rafikis Planet Watch this time, because we didnt get to go on our last trip in September.
And maybe finally see Devine!! I have yet to ever see her, and maybe Flights of Wonder, the last time we tried to see this show, it started raining halfway through and never did see the whole thing.

We will be eating an 11:00 lunch at Tusker House this is a new restaurant for us, we were going to do Yak and Yeti but after Pete giving it a really bad review we decided against it!

Oh yeah I think I forgot to mention that we decided on purchasing the dining plan, so that way we can use our 500 gift card for drinking around the world and drinks and tips. So we will have the dining plan May 14th-May 19th basically for both of us we will have 10 TS and 10 CS and 10 Snacks.

We will be eating at Boma tonight for dinner, I think this has to be Jasons all time favorite restaurant. I think every time we have gone to Disney since we started enjoying the restaurants we have had to eat here every time. We were going to go to Jiko, since Aaron won't be with us, and we probably won't take him into Jiko til he is around 8 at the earliest? But we decided against Jiko, since we don't want to have to take the bus from AK back to Pop to change out of park clothes and then go to Jiko. We just wanted to be dressed up for Jiko!!

Oooohhhh tomorrow we get to spend the night in our first DVC stay...we are renting points the next 2 nights! Stay tuned

You know you want to add Islands of Adventure to Day 2.... so do it already ::yes:: :hyper:

popcorn::

We recently purchased Ridemaxx and have been messing around with the days we are going to email the best touring plans and then we will have them on our Ipod touch when we are in the park. It is a pretty cool tool, I highly recommend checking it out!

Shanan, I can't believe you haven't posted the logo you made for 300 of your closest computernutjob friends.

Money is a wee bit tight so we decided against Islands of Adventure for day 2, and decided to do the outlets and head out to a forest perserve, or do they get called swamp perserves in FL? :rotfl: I will make sure to stay out of the Damn lakes though! :cutie:

So are we getting a report about your trip?

Especially some of the great people you cruised and got tipsy at a certain martini tasting with??? :rolleyes1

Ha ha ha ha!! I figured no one would care about this....but since you asked ;), I think I may have to see if I can actually do this! I think it might be fun, and try to follow in my friends footsteps! Sorry I never actually look at this anymore, but Jason informed me that you posted on it!

Ha ha ha ha!! I figured no one would care about this....but since you asked ;), I think I may have to see if I can actually do this! I think it might be fun, and try to follow in my friends footsteps! Sorry I never actually look at this anymore, but Jason informed me that you posted on it!

:scared1: Meg, is that you??? :happytv:

I am constantly telling her someone posted on her trip report! :lmao:

She's still writing the Dcember trip. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter