2nd or 3rd week of December better?

lovedoggies

Mouseketeer
I now have two reservations. One is for Dec 6-13 and the other is from Dec 14-21.

I got an email with a deal for free Dining and I went ahead and booked that pkg. for Dec 14-21

I have a 30% off code for the prior week. So prices are not really that different. I think the Free dining saves us about $200 over the 30% code.

I have my flights already with Delta and there will be a fee to change the flights. So that actually makes the 30% off about $100 cheaper (3 of us x the $100 change fee).

It's not really all about the money at this point, we are not talking a huge difference. But if the crowd level is much lower one week vs. the next, or if there is a reason why one week would be better than the other, please share!

I dont have to make a decision right this second, but I want to start figuring all the dining and everything, so I need to decide soon.

Any input you have will be greatly appreciated. If it was you - would you go the 2nd or 3rd week of December? And why?

Thank you

We're going from 12/9-12/15 and are having a great deal of difficulty finding space in the resorts. Were in ASMu since that was one of the only places with availability and are now in a split stay between CSR and POR because that was the only way we could get into a moderate. CM at CRO said that she had "tons" of availability at nearly every resort from 12/17-12/23 so based on that, it seems that you'd want to go with the 3rd week all things being equal.

I think Pop Warner is going on from 12/8-12/12 or thereabouts and Mousefest is at Disneyworld from 12/11-12/15 so that's most likely why availability is so low at the resorts during the timeframe we're going. Pop Warner doesn't usually make the parks themselves that crazy and you can easily go somewhere other than Mousefest's park of the day so I don't think it'll be like going at the 4th of July or Christmas week, but I'd have to think the 3rd week will be quieter.

Just because Disney has loaded the resort hotels, doesn't mean that the parks are going to be mobbed. The second week of December will be fine in the parks. Keep what you have, you are going to be fine! :santa:

We just booked from Dec.17-22 and had no trouble getting a room and no trouble getting all the dining reservations we wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter