1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

2nd cruise perks

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by mommy2allyandaveri, Jan 6, 2013.

1. mommy2allyandaveri

mommy2allyandaveri <font color=0066CC>Disney or otherwise. Sucks<br><

Will be booking our 2nd cruise soon. Are there any perks to no longer being a 1st time cruiser?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

You are a silver Castaway Club member after your first cruise. There is a separate checkin line for CC members, however, on occasion, that line will actually be longer than the regular line.

At checkin, you will receive a CC lanyard. And in your room you get the CC returning cruisers gift (backpack, Chip N Dale cheese crackers, pretzels, and a keyring).

As a silver CC member, you can book excursions and do your online checkin at 90 days out, unlike the 75 day mark for first time cruisers.

:cutie:

4. DynamicDisneyDuo

DynamicDisneyDuo DIS Veteran

Anyone who is a repeat cruiser receives a lanyard at check-in. Each stateroom receives a single returning-cruiser swag that currently includes: a blue backpack, some snacks and a keyring. You can also book excursions/dining and do online check-in before first time cruisers

As you move up in the Castaway Club (that's the return cruisers club on DCL), you continue to receive the above basic swag plus some more odds and ends. The levels currently are

2-5 cruises: Silver
    6-10 cruises: Gold
    11+ cruises: Platinum

5. stmize

stmize Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 1

Woohoo I too will be going on my 2nd cruise soon.

6. mommy2allyandaveri

mommy2allyandaveri <font color=0066CC>Disney or otherwise. Sucks<br><

Cool, thanks for the info! We are more than a year out but I can't wait!

7. conan979

conan979 Earning My Ears

Kinda on this topic but is everyone else getting the exact same gift each cruise in that level? Is each cruise under the silver the same gift? then the gold, do you get the same gift? we're on finished our second silver cruise and same gifts so far. just curious.

8. t4w

t4w Time for Everything

Do you get 2nd cruise level even if first cruise didn't include casataway cay - or is it your 2nd cruise to castaway cay that gets you to 2nd level?

9. floridaminnie

floridaminnie <font color=CC00FF> WDW is my 2nd home and working

It's your 2nd DCL cruise.

10. PrincessShmoo

It's actually, once you complete 1 DCL cruise (regardless of ports), you are silver in the CC club.

11. floridaminnie

floridaminnie <font color=CC00FF> WDW is my 2nd home and working

So when you are on your 2nd cruise you have the benefits.

12. PrincessShmoo

The base gift is the backpack, cheese crackers, pretzels & keychain. Every room gets that. If the gift is for a gold CC member there are additonal gifts (I can't remember all we got, but I know we got a fold out picture/photo book and something else). As Platinum you get the basic gift, the gold add ons, and more (Platinum) gifts including a free meal at Palo, and some other stuff.