2BR Epcot View from BCV

CorbsVWL

DVC Veteran
Can anyone recommend a 2BR at BCV that has a view of Epcot that they have stayed in?

Thanks!

Do you have a dedicated or a lock off reserved?

It should say on your reservation weather it was a dedicated or lock-off. The differences are that a Lock off is made up of a 1 bedroom and studio combined. So there are 2 entrances in a lock off and only one entrance in a dedicated. Also, the 2nd bedroom in a lock off has a mini-fridge, microwave and wetbar and the dedicated does not have this. 25 of the Dedicated 2 bedroom have 2 queen beds in the second bedroom, all of the lock-offs have 1 queen bed and 1 double sleeper sofa in the 2nd bedroom.

We stayed in the one bedroom portion of a 2BR lock-off in January. It was an Epcot view, supposedly, but mainly highway and tops of a few Epcot attractions. We could see the really high fireworks of Illuminations. It was room 465. HTH!

We stayed in room 377 last week. 2br dedicated - last unit on the floor. Could see firewoorks clearly at night but not much else at epcot from room. View was of service road and canal - not bad but not great either. Would suggets a lower number room on higher floor if possible. Someone posted a tip recently to request a room near the main elevator with an epcot view and this will help.

Which is better, 2 bedroom lockoff or a dedicated? Does the 2 bedroom dedicated have one balcony and the lockoff have 2?

BarbaraMB... It really depends on your needs. In a dedicated there is no door that goes out to the hallway from the 2nd bedroom. If you have younger kids, this is probably a good thing, my kids were a bit uncomfortable with the door there. If you have older kids or another couple in there, the 2nd door might be nice so that they don't bother anyone in the living room when coming in later at night. The other big difference is with the dedicated you have the possibility of 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom, so this could make a difference to you, if you have 4 people in that room or 2 people that are not sharing the bed. If you only have 1 or 2 people that are sharing the bed, the couch is nice because there is more room in there. I don't think the mini kitchen makes that much difference in the lock off since you have the main kitchen.

The balcony situation is really different, ranging from 1 balcony that is 4' X 6' or 3 balconies that are each 4' X 6'. To 1 huge balcony that spans accross the whole 2 bedroom unit. There really is no consistancy, they were determined by the outside appearance of the resort. You will at least have some type of balcony that you can sit on though.

Thank you for the information. I didn't even think about the door into the hallway from the 2nd bedroom. With children I would rather NOT have that. I can see someone traveling with other adults wanting that feature. Thanks for the info!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter