2bdroom apartment

mimishat

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

So I've read and reread heaps of posts and websites about the villas and bungalows onsite at WDW that have 2 bedrooms and a kitchen/nette (or 1 bdroom with 2 x beds). But I wanted to gather from you guys if anyone has any recommendations (i.e. there is too many to choose from and want some tried and tested choices).

Has anyone stayed in one before? We are looking around 10 days so will cost a small fortune but want to make sure we have enough room to spread out (me, DH, DS1 (8) and DS2 (4)). Last time I went to WDW I stayed offsite in a one bedroom (2 x double beds) with a kitchen somewhere in lake Buena vista and it was OK, but want the whole Disney bubble thing this time.

I've been looking at the GF and they are NICE - is it really worth the extra $$s (cause for us Aussies the exchange rate is pretty sad :( ). Another one that looks good is AKL lol.

But anyway hit me with your experiences please :)

Mimishat - It depends on which park you think you want to be closer to. There are the resorts along the monorail and that'll get you closer to MK.
If, on the other hand, you want to be able to pop in and out of Epcot, then the Epcot resorts are best.

It'll also come down to how much you really want a 2 bedroom or whether 1 bedroom or a studio room DVC might suit. They are pricey if you go the standard retail way. The alternative is to rent DVC points off someplace like David's; or via the Dis DVC rental section.

I tend to go to WDW around September, which is Food and Wine time. For that reason, I've stayed mostly at Beach Club Villa. It was getting a little tired in 2013; but I understand that they've recently refurbed BCV so the rooms may be fresher.
The last time I was there (2013 at the BCV), we did share a 2-bedroom (lock-off) with some friends. They had the 1-bedroom part and we had the studio room. It was nice having the extra space; but we didn't really stay in the rooms a lot of the time. Even when we came back to the resort, we tended to head out to the pool area.
I've also stayed at Port Orleans (standard resort room) and also at Coronado Springs (standard resort room). It does come down to cost; but I have to say that I prefer the on-site experience more.

For a 2 bedroom I would rent points at one of the DVC resorts. I would avoid GF as the cost of the points and amount of points required is far more than some of the other resorts. I would suggest one of the Epcot DVC resorts, AKV, BLT, WL, Old Key West or Saratoga Springs.

From what I know the DVC 1 bedrooms only have the 1 X King bed. The extras sleep on the sofas.

Port Orleans for example can be booked with twin beds. This is not a DVC resort.

Do you know what dates you want.

We have stayed in 2 bedroom suites at Old Key West and Saratoga Springs. I know a lot of people complain they are too far from the parks but we didn't find that at all. We had 4 adults and 2 kids (hubby, myself and our 2 girls plus my parents) so we needed the room. I loved putting the kids to bed then having a lounge room to watch TV in, loved the kitchen for a quick breakfast before we went. Most of all I loved having our own washer/dryer which saved us heaps of time and hassle. And having 2 bathrooms was really handy!

We stayed for about 2 weeks both times and it was so nice to have the space to settle in and really feel at home:)

Thanks for the responses :) hmmm i'll look into the DVC thing - I did start reading up the other night but got side tracked with TR pictures.

I loved putting the kids to bed then having a lounge room to watch TV in, loved the kitchen for a quick breakfast before we went. Most of all I loved having our own washer/dryer which saved us heaps of time and hassle. And having 2 bathrooms was really handy!

We stayed for about 2 weeks both times and it was so nice to have the space to settle in and really feel at home:)

That's exactly it dabecs! I forgot about washer/dryer - the amount of clothes my lot go through i'll be spending all my time in the laundrette ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter