$264 RT Good deal?

Kim in TN

Disney & Dachshund Lover Lurks daily, posts rarel
We will be traveling early June 2007, from Nashville to Orlando is $264 ($281 with taxes) a good deal. Its been years since I've checked airfare, we usually drive, but with the cruise we thought it would be a treat to travel.

BTW this is with Delta, everyone else I checked is about twice as much for that time.

We can't wait :wizard:
Thanks!

I haven't checked airfare since the gas prices went up but I know that when we typically fly from Nashville to Orlando on Southwest it is around $125. I usually just keep watching the weekly specials.
Mindi

Thank you, I will watch them closely and have signed up for their email specials, do I need to sign up for DING as well?

Kim in TN said:
We will be traveling early June 2007, from Nashville to Orlando is $264 ($281 with taxes) a good deal. Its been years since I've checked airfare, we usually drive, but with the cruise we thought it would be a treat to travel.

BTW this is with Delta, everyone else I checked is about twice as much for that time.

We can't wait :wizard:
Thanks!

When I looked on the Southwest sale (ends today I think?), I saw Nashville to Orlando for $49 each way, plus taxes. I doubt it extends out to next June, but I would think that prices would go down. Have you looked at the Southwest website?

BUT... airfare is always a gamble. You could try to buy from a place that would give you a credit if the price decreases.

I'm flying BNA to MCO for $80 R/T on Southwest in September. :cool1: I flew BNA to MCO last October for $70 R/T on Southwest.

Point is - you really need to go to Southwest and download Ding! :thumbsup2

We're flying from Seattle, Washington to MCO for $269.00 RT including all taxes....I would wait for a better fare. I know geography isn't always the determining factor in airfare, but we're traveling from ACROSS the country (on Delta) for what you were quoted from Nashville to Orlando. I would wait until closer to travel time or book directly through the airline if they promise to credit you when airfare falls....If you book through Delta's website (not a TA) they'll credit you when lower fares come available but you HAVE to ask :thumbsup2

Airfare is just crazy right now it seems, especially Delta. I live in Maryville, TN. The Knoxville airport is actually closer to me than it is to Knoxville. Anyway, we wanted to fly for our October trip. I flew to WDW for the first time in January when I attended a conference. I came back telling DH how wonderful it was to be there in just 1-1/2 hours! And how smoothly magical express worked. It was great. Well, wouldn't you just know that airfare from Knoxville to Orlando has been fluctuating between $340-$400 for our travel dates. Delta is our only direct flight carrier. I wish we had Southwest! I have actually priced flying out of Nashville. But in reality, that wouldn't save us very much time after we drive the 3 hours over there. I saw a SW ding rate for $44 one way, but it was for part of August.

Good luck! I'll be looking again next year, because we'll be doing a cruise in October '07.

WldWcnWmn said:
If you book through Delta's website (not a TA) they'll credit you when lower fares come available but you HAVE to ask :thumbsup2
Delta will give you credit, but after they charge a $50 change fee per ticket. :rolleyes: Tried that this last March.

Southwest, however, will let you change or cancel your ticket and give you the credit for future use with no penalty charges.

From one bamagirl (Auburngirl actually ;) ) to another bamagirl@hrt - we drive north 1 1/2 hours to fly south for 1 1/2 hours! :rotfl2: It beats a 10 hour drive! And with these dings the cost is about the same. ;)

Hey Kim,

I will be flying out of Nashville in December and the rates are not that good on delta. I would bide my time, because as soon as Southwest extends their booking to the period that you want, the rates will drop drastically, I have seen this happen time after time. I would say that if you are going in early June, you will have an excellent chance of getting a great rate. So I would play the waiting game. JMHO :sunny:

Kim,

I second Tammy. I usually don't pay more than $150 a round trip for SWA out of Nashville. Sometimes (but rarely) I can get it for less than $100.

I wouldn't worry until about April.

I do agree about flying down for the cruise. That way you are not exhausted from the drive.

Thanks everyone!! We will play the waiting game.

One more question, are Southwest's flights usually direct from Nashville to Orlando or is there layovers/stops??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter