26 Year Old Man Steals Identities to fund Disney Obsession

thats when ya know you've taken things too far....:worried: I hope the people he stole from get their money back somehow!

He probably stole credit card numbers. The credit card companies are usually pretty good about liability issues, the victim is usually protected from liability. Most companies have $0 liability, like Chase for instance.

I'm not sure how debit cards works, but they usually have Visa or Mastercard logos, and hopefully the banks cover the victim from fraud as well through, they might have to go in and sign papers, like an affidavit, and police report or something.

I'm glad they caught the guy, he certainly was pretty blatant about it. Who the heck takes that much vacation time or can pay for that kind of vacationing? They said he got something like $50,000. Taxpayers all end up paying the bill for crime one way or another. :sad2:

Wow! Talk about your addiction...this dude has a serious Pixie Dust addiction!

How in the heck did he get all the time off?

How did he get all that time off? I am going in nov-dec and had to put in paperwork 6 months in advance. Then I had to beg for 9 days instead of the traditional 7.

How did he get all that time off? I am going in nov-dec and had to put in paperwork 6 months in advance. Then I had to beg for 9 days instead of the traditional 7.

The restaurant he managed at must not have been very professional, to have someone in their employ who has stolen at least 50 credit card numbers probably doesn't manage their employees very well either. It sounds like he had free run of the place to do whatever he wanted. The owner must not have been present running the business as they should have.

Plus if he was willing to steal credit card numbers, make aliases, etc., you must assume he is willing to lie to someone's face right? So, he could have just lied about family problems, or deaths in the family, or some other major illnesses that he would have had to take off from work on short notice.

I wonder if they will ever post a follow up on what happens with this guy.

WOW!! That is so sad.... Granted Disney is pretty expensive, there are ways to go that shouldn't cause someone to have to steal to be able to afford it.....and 15 vacations in 5 months is a bit extreme.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter