25th Anniversary MagicBand

I'm a little confused. Remove the outer part to make the band smaller? I'm not following that.

Now the extended leg observation...I get that ..:)

You can tear off the gray part around the edge to make a smaller band for those with smaller wrists.

Ok, I caved and bought the purple one for me and blue one for DH. So a question... how do we get our APs and room stuff transferred to it? Do we do this trough MDE or at the resort?

One thing I have experienced with my regular MBs is if I wear them in a pool, the color fades. Are you not supposed to wear them in the pool? I would be concerned about just leaving it laying unattended while at a pool area. But that also is one of the main reasons I wouldn't purchase these things for $32.99. It just seems excessive in cost.

Ok, I caved and bought the purple one for me and blue one for DH. So a question... how do we get our APs and room stuff transferred to it? Do we do this trough MDE or at the resort?
You will go to mydisneyexperience, my profile, magicbands and cards, and then link Magicband. You will put in the Magicband code under the correct person.

I'm at MK tonight- it did make different colors at the turnstile, but did nothing different at HM fastpass. Going to try 7DMT next.

ScubaCat you're a good person to do that :flower3:. Someone already has them listed on eBay for $85 each :sad2:. That didn't take long. . .
There has been at least one sold on ebay for $81.99. What was it Thomas Tusser said...?

Well some more experimenting. It does do different colors at the turnstiles, and then at certain attractions for fastpass and photopass (like the wall of photos after you get off the ride and tap the Mickey to save your photo), it makes a different sound (but just the green light at those locations). The sound is more of a ding-dong vrrrring! instead of the regular ding dong (and instead of silence at the photo locations with most magicbands). So not as impressive as I had hoped, but some slight differences.

Well some more experimenting. It does do different colors at the turnstiles, and then at certain attractions for fastpass and photopass (like the wall of photos after you get off the ride and tap the Mickey to save your photo), it makes a different sound (but just the green light at those locations). The sound is more of a ding-dong vrrrring! instead of the regular ding dong (and instead of silence at the photo locations with most magicbands). So not as impressive as I had hoped, but some slight differences.

Can you post some videos of these different effects please?

I didn't do the turnstile video, because I thought I would get it at a fastpass location with the sound. But then when I got to the fastpass locations, it was only sound and not the lights like at the turnstile. But anyway here is the dark-can't-see-anything video that I took at Big Thunder with it, with the slightly different chime. I wasn't even going to post it, but oh well here it is.

I didn't do the turnstile video, because I thought I would get it at a fastpass location with the sound. But then when I got to the fastpass locations, it was only sound and not the lights like at the turnstile. But anyway here is the dark-can't-see-anything video that I took at Big Thunder with it, with the slightly different chime. I wasn't even going to post it, but oh well here it is.

Thanks for posting the video. I received our bands in the mail yesterday, now I just have to wait until October to use them :flower:

Sorry about the bad video, maybe if I go back to the parks this week I will get a video of the turnstile with the different colors, that would help.

I'm curious to know what happens, too. One thing I noticed - if you remove the outer part to make the band smallet, you snip off half of Mickey's ears. Just an observation. :)

Also, his extended leg could be misconstrued in a very unfortunate way.

Still, looking forward to getting ours!

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/a-closer-look-at-the-limited-edition-dvc-25th-magicbands/

I noticed the same thing about the ears since I always tear the outer portion off of my bands because I have small wrists. I almost did not order one because of it, but I just could not resist!

Hi All -- I was hoping to catch these on the DVC Member Store now as it's April 18-- still not seeing anything. I'm in Canada and can't use the Shop Disney Parks App... anyone know what time of day they will be available?

Thanks

Hi All -- I was hoping to catch these on the DVC Member Store now as it's April 18-- still not seeing anything. I'm in Canada and can't use the Shop Disney Parks App... anyone know what time of day they will be available?

Thanks

They loaded them into the Shop Disney Parks app around 3am on that day, so maybe try back in a few hours if you're still up.

I noticed the same thing about the ears since I always tear the outer portion off of my bands because I have small wrists. I almost did not order one because of it, but I just could not resist!

But you NEED it! We all do. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter