$25 Gift Certificate-House of Blues Orlando

They don't check really, they have no way to tell. The do use the validation line to validate that the certificate hasn't been used, but since people can give certificates away as gifts, the validation line won't indicate if another cert has been used at the same restaurant in the same month. Otherwise the gift recipient would have one unhappy surprise.

If you give one as a gift doesn't it then transfer to that persons name? I haven't tried so I'm just wondering. So I'm thinking if you keep one and give one as gift you would be able to use them in the same month.

It doesn't have a name on it. To be safe you could just purchase them under different names. One under wife and the other under the husband.

I could transfer some of the Vegas ones to my parents (I have four) but I've already bought them all. Will see if we can use them. If not, I have a friend in Vegas who'd probably like to have them.

I am curious...how do they KNOW if you use more than one per month?

I'm pretty sure the site will not allow you to print off a 2nd certificate to the same restaurant until 1 month has passed since you printed the 1st certificate.

So they are good for a year? I have a trip in November and was planning on going to HOB - always wanted to try it. Is it better to order now or wait until closer to the trip?

yes it says good for a year. I'd jump on it (I did) as $2 to get $25 off $35 (and 18% tip added automatically) is still a good deal. Who knows if they will still be on Restaurant.com at that point.

I'm pretty sure the site will not allow you to print off a 2nd certificate to the same restaurant until 1 month has passed since you printed the 1st certificate.

You certainly can. No limitation on being able to print more than one cert.

yes it says good for a year. I'd jump on it (I did) as $2 to get $25 off $35 (and 18% tip added automatically) is still a good deal. Who knows if they will still be on Restaurant.com at that point.

If a restaurant stops using restaurant.com, they sometimes stop accepting the certs. It is best to call the restaurant if you don't see them on the site any more. Restaurant.com will exchange it for another if the restaurant stops accepting.

Just wanted to let everyone know...we just used one in HOB Myrtle Beach. There do add the 18% gratuity to the check and I believe you can include alcohol in your bill.

I have used Restaurant.com for years, love them and have never had a problem. Just be sure to read the requirements for each restaurant. You can print more than one certificate per restaurant. I just bought 6 for Lilly's in Louisville. I have never tried to use more than one for the same restaurant per month but you CAN buy/print more than one at a time. Also, sign up for their mailing list. They send out discounts all the time. I usually have a 70-80% off code when I buy and never pay more than $2-$3 per certificate :)

HTH

I bought 2 of the HOB GC before I knew you could only use 1 per month. I am sure we will be back within a year but I would like to exchange it. Possibly Hemisphere Restaurant at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport for breakfast on our departure morning.

dioxide45 - how can I exchange it for a different restaurant or a generic one?

Thanks in advance!

BTW- It was only $2 so if I can't exchange it I may just share the magic with someone going in. :littleangel:

I bought 2 of the HOB GC before I knew you could only use 1 per month. I am sure we will be back within a year but I would like to exchange it. Possibly Hemisphere Restaurant at the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport for breakfast on our departure morning.

dioxide45 - how can I exchange it for a different restaurant or a generic one?

Thanks in advance!

BTW- It was only $2 so if I can't exchange it I may just share the magic with someone going in. :littleangel:

Absolutely. Just send an e-mail to restaurant.com and give them the cert number and ask them to exchange it for a restaurant.com certificate. They will take a couple days to get back with you. You can then use the redeem a gift option to change that $25 restaurant.com certificate in to a restaurant specific one. You don't even have to change it in to a restaurant specific cert right away. It will stay in your account and won't expire, so exchange it later when you know where you want to go.

Darn! Tried to register to get a cert for our next trip but you need a USA address, so I guess UK folks are excluded. Thought it was too good to be true!

Darn! Tried to register to get a cert for our next trip but you need a USA address, so I guess UK folks are excluded. Thought it was too good to be true!

Yes, only for USA. But if you know someone in the USA, you could get them to buy one for you and send it via snail mail.

Just mentioned it to DH and he apparently gave a US colleague a $20 amazon.com voucher which he wasn't going to use as we use .co.uk, so this chap owes him a favour. It may still happen. We wanted to eat at HOB last time but didn't find time, so it may have to make it into the itinerary for next visit. :)

Just an FYI, the new restaurant.com promo code is MEAL for 80% off. Just used it to pick up 5 generic certs that we can convert in the future, never seen a better deal than the 80%, though they usually offer this at least once a month. Did hear they offered 90% off on 9/9/09, but that was before I started using restaurant.com. So if you think you may use restaurant.com again in the future but don't have a place in mind yet, pick up some generic restaurant.com certificates for using later.

I'm UK based and had no problem using restaurant.com. Just put your hotel or villa address. Someone on the UK forum on here had emailed them and they also were fine with you using the restaurant.com address aswell.

The coupon comes by email.

I'm UK based and had no problem using restaurant.com. Just put your hotel or villa address. Someone on the UK forum on here had emailed them and they also were fine with you using the restaurant.com address aswell.

The coupon comes by email.

What about when charging it to your credit card? No issues there since the addresses don't match? Though there is also a PayPal option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter