24hr event then on to DHS for Star Wars weekends? (Poll)

Are you going straight from the Magic Kingdom to Disney Hollywood Studios for Star Wars Weekend

• Other - I have other plans

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
Was wondering how many of us will be going straight from the MK to DHS Saturday morning for Star Wars weekends. Thinking the buses are going to be crowed with all of us having the same idea.

I'm not. We are going to SWW but not until Sunday. Saturday is resort switch from CR to YC and rest/recovery. May pop in to Epcot for dinner that night. Ride a ride or two but not much more than that.

I said yes, but the answer is really sort of. Assuming I make it to 6am, my plan is to go to DHS to get in line for Vanessa Marshall's autograph, but then once I pick up my fp for it, I'll head back to my room for some sleep and then come back after lunch.

I did this last year but after 430pm on Saturday I just couldn't keep going and crashed HARD so the plan this year is all 24 then go back to hotel room to sleep till 2pm and then go to DHS for the rest of the day before leaving early on Sunday

Going to 24 hr MK, but I am planning on being a guinea pig for weekend 1 SWW. I was worried that Sat for Memorial Day weekend would be super busy, so we are going to AK instead.

PS not planning on a super long day at MK. Just dinner time til wishes.

I did this last year but after 430pm on Saturday I just couldn't keep going and crashed HARD so the plan this year is all 24 then go back to hotel room to sleep till 2pm and then go to DHS for the rest of the day before leaving early on Sunday
We have the exact same plan!

I read on another thread that they believe Disney won't be running direct to DHS bus that early and we will all have to walk over to the Contemporary to get to DHS from the MK. I see the Contemporary bus depot getting quite packed that morning. What do you think? :confused:

We did that last year. Literally went for 30 minutes and met Chewbacca, Ewok Chip and Dale and Queen Amadala. The lines were so crazy for them the other days so we figured we'd catch them quick and then call it a night/day haha.

We were shot though. We went to the 24hr event from 6am-1pm, went back to hotel for a nap, then returned for 11pm-6am. Then to DHS for an hour or so. Done. Whew.

Was wondering how many of us will be going straight from the MK to DHS Saturday morning for Star Wars weekends. Thinking the buses are going to be crowed with all of us having the same idea.

b805e4fd98e530149b466b9ec501f39d.jpg

We tried last year , but couldn't do it. We closed MK at 6 am but were wiped out, so we went and slept till noon and over to DHS...

I've actually never done any of the 24 hour parties but always wanted to go to one. So this year our plan is to get to MK around 1am (try and sleep a couple of hours before going) and then from there directly to DHS SWW.
For people that went last year,what could I, in reality, accomplish in those 5 hours? Not really interested in rides more in the rare characters, hoping that they have them out again this year

I've actually never done any of the 24 hour parties but always wanted to go to one. So this year our plan is to get to MK around 1am (try and sleep a couple of hours before going) and then from there directly to DHS SWW.
For people that went last year,what could I, in reality, accomplish in those 5 hours? Not really interested in rides more in the rare characters, hoping that they have them out again this year

Last year was tough. All of our late night hours were spent waiting for rare characters. The first issue is that it's a one time event so there isn't an exact spot assigned to the character. Our first character was Stromboli. We saw a bunch of people standing in all sorts of corners by Village Haus just before he came out. Then the CMs came out and formed a line. We had to wait for the 2nd session to meet him. They were even adjusting the lighting on the roof above Peter Pan's Flight before he came out.

After that we tried to get a gauge on other lines. Hades was out with Pain and Panic and that line was ridiculous. Bowler Hat guy wasn't too terrible. Maybe 30-40 minutes, but we didn't wait for him.

After all was said and done, all we did with our extra 5 hours was meet Stromboli, Dr. Facilier, and Big Bad Wolf. There wasn't more time to even add extras if we wanted to.

Last year was tough. All of our late night hours were spent waiting for rare characters. The first issue is that it's a one time event so there isn't an exact spot assigned to the character. Our first character was Stromboli. We saw a bunch of people standing in all sorts of corners by Village Haus just before he came out. Then the CMs came out and formed a line. We had to wait for the 2nd session to meet him. They were even adjusting the lighting on the roof above Peter Pan's Flight before he came out.

After that we tried to get a gauge on other lines. Hades was out with Pain and Panic and that line was ridiculous. Bowler Hat guy wasn't too terrible. Maybe 30-40 minutes, but we didn't wait for him.

After all was said and done, all we did with our extra 5 hours was meet Stromboli, Dr. Facilier, and Big Bad Wolf. There wasn't more time to even add extras if we wanted to.
ouch...thanks for sharing. This is what I'm afraid of. I would love to meet Stromboli, Hades, Pain Panic and Megara if she's out. Other than that I would be fine.Any other would be bonus for us

Hercules characters line was cut off around midnight. We had great success with characters after 230. Bowler hat guy 10 minutes, jafar 5 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter