:)

Purchase the pass based on her age on the day you first plan to use the pass. If I understood your post correctly, that means you should purchase an adult's pass for your daughter because she will be 10 before you actually use/activate the pass. Enjoy your trip!

I'm in the same situation as you are. My son's birthday is the day we arrive and he is turning 10. I went ahead and purchased an adult ticket for him back in March, knowing that we will celebrate his 10th birthday there. I didn't want to take away the joy of celebrating his 10th birthday at WDW. There is not really that much of a price difference between the two. :D

Hmmm what a coincidence that we already have a post about a 3 yr old and now here we go again! Its a no win situation asking this kind of a question!

The official policy is that you purchase the pass that is age-appropriate for the child at the time of travel. In your case, this means an adult's AP for your child. If you had purchased a child's AP for your child and had activated it within the last year, you would not need to upgrade to an adult pass if the time period on the pass had not yet expired. The same is true for unused days on a child's Park Hopper pass. Disney does not require that unused days be tossed away.

I just had to do the same thing. When I plan trips I base the answer to the CM question on the age my child will be when we arrive at the resort. I figure it out on a piece of paper before I get on the phone and it helps me to avoid confusion. When I ordered our PAP's DS was 9, but I knew when we activated them he'd be 10, so I purchased the adult for him. Next hurdle will be when he is over 11 and I have to be careful when I make the food reservations to remember that he won't be a child anymore! I guess we'll just do more breakfasts and counter service!;)

Okay how about this. When we travel my son is 9. We will be celebrating his 10th birthday 5 days into our 2 week trip. Buy adult ticket or child's ticket?:confused:

For the FIRST day of our vacation my son will still be 9. He will turn 10 right in the middle of the vacation. We will probably have visited the parks 2 or 3 days before this.

It is the same thing as the 3 yr old question. Basically it boils down to the money factor. A tkt for a 9 yr old is less than the adult price, and the child under 3 is free instead of the childs price. $$$$$.

Originally posted by HvnzCaress
For the FIRST day of our vacation my son will still be 9. He will turn 10 right in the middle of the vacation. We will probably have visited the parks 2 or 3 days before this.

Since your son will be 9 when he first uses the ticket, you can buy a child's ticket for him. After he turns 10, you can take the child's ticket to guest services and they will convert the child's ticket to an adult's ticket for no additional charge. Disney knows AP tickets last for a year and many, many children will turn 10 before the end of the year. As long as your child is 9 when he first uses the ticket, you are in compliance with Disney's policy.

As Kaa posted, the same thing applies to park hopper tickets. If a child will still be 9 when the ticket is first used, there is no need to buy an adult's ticket. Disney will convert the child's ticket to an adult's ticket with the same number of unused days for no additional charge. If a child will be 10 on or before the first day of use, the official policy says an adult's ticket should be purchased.

HvnzCaress,

You need to purchase a child's pass for your son. At the start of your vacation, he will still be 9. You do not have to switch during the trip when he turns 10. This is Disney's policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter