20th and final year of Osbourne lights

It's a very popular parade yeah I'm pretty confident more people care about seeing it than have even noticed the garland.

Also if you move the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade to day for the whole Christmas season you're taking away one of the major draws of MVMCP. I don't see that being popular.
Look at what Disneyland is doing for this holiday season. Paint the night will be done nightly and Disneyland forever fireworks will continue and their holiday fireworks show will not be shown this year.

So glad I decided to go this December. At least I'll get to see them again. Would have done the dinner package, but only offered in later December. I could do the dessert party, but not really a dessert kind of person, so I'll skip it and just take in all the great lights for one last time.

This makes me sad. The Osbourne lights are in my top 5 things at Disney. I've seen them for the past 10 years. I'm fortunate to see them once again before they are gone. Too bad they won't relocate them. One more hot chocolate & light show, and say my goodbyes.

I'm bumming! We've only seen the lights one time.... Nov. 2013. Our next trip we arrive Jan 3 2016, last day of the lights, but we don't have tickets until Jan. 4th.

Sad but have seen them many times over the years, especially when they were in the backlot. I even have pairs of 3D glasses that they handed out one year to view them

I think this is a big shame, was really excited to see them again on our next Christmas trip. Between this and the fact that Aladdin is being closed to make way for a Frozen musical in California Adventure, I cannot take anymore this week!
Is this definite? I know Aladdin is closing but for Frozen? That's fine if they shut down the rest of the Frozen stuff, but enough already!! Why not just build an Arendelle already! Geez.

Is this definite? I know Aladdin is closing but for Frozen? That's fine if they shut down the rest of the Frozen stuff, but enough already!! Why not just build an Arendelle already! Geez.
They are but it's in (or gradually replacing) the Norwegian pavilion.

Thankfully, we will see them this Christmas. There is just such a WOW factor to the lights that they will be surely missed by all.

I saw them and was amazed. Truly a spectacle. Seems Disney is in the big corporate, big name money mode again. They've tried this off and on for decades and it doesn't always end well......
We went in November for one of the first lightings the year we went. Crowds weren't bad but it also was when we could wander at will. For some reason I'm becoming disenchanted with Disney after 60 years of going to their parks.:(
Instead of building things up it seems like they're tearing things down and taking forever to do any building. As for Frozen......blech:sick:

I'm torn up by this. My family and I have LOVED seeing the lights. We missed it last year, but planned on Thanksgiving weekend, just to get in a peek. I'm so glad I booked that!!! This is going to be sorely missed. I too, wish they could relocate it somewhere, such as Disney Springs.

My guess is that the Osborne Christmas Lights will be moved to Disney Springs, renamed, and expanded to span the length of the newly rethemed area! Or...moved to a certain area of Disney Springs and become a ticketed event! Either way an amazing light display of some sort will be brought back to draw and entertain the crowds of people whom have loved them for years! I will go see them wherever they show up, ticketed event or not!

My guess is that the Osborne Christmas Lights will be moved to Disney Springs, renamed, and expanded to span the length of the newly rethemed area! Or...moved to a certain area of Disney Springs and become a ticketed event! Either way an amazing light display of some sort will be brought back to draw and entertain the crowds of people whom have loved them for years! I will go see them wherever they show up, ticketed event or not!
Very unlikely. Disney springs isn't being built with the infrastructure needed for this. It also doesn't cost anything to go to Disney springs.

The Osborne family was given an inventory list of the items they will be getting back after this holiday season.

Very unlikely. Disney springs isn't being built with the infrastructure needed for this. It also doesn't cost anything to go to Disney springs.

The Osborne family was given an inventory list of the items they will be getting back after this holiday season.

Interesting! I believe Disney will then create there own version. It was too popular. I still see a Christmas light/HOLIDAY SEASON ticketed event coming to Disney Springs in the near future!

Interesting! I believe Disney will then create there own version. It was too popular. I still see a Christmas light/HOLIDAY SEASON ticketed event coming to Disney Springs in the near future!
Maybe at DHS or Epcot in the future but I just don't see it happening at Disney springs because it's all open and doesn't require admission. I don't think you can logistically have a ticketed event there either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter