20th and final year of Osbourne lights

I will miss the light but I am not surprised by this announcement. I do wonder next Dec what will be open in HS. TOT, RnR, Fantasmic, SW, Indy, TSM, and.... Maybe Mermaid, Muppets and Beauty. Some good stuff but not much at all for a full day park.

I completely disagree. Yes, it is crowded. But if you hang around until after the park closes, you can have the place to yourself. And while there are other light shows, being able to walk through one this big and immersive is something I've never seen. You are surrounded in every direction. But I understand people who don't care about chrismtas/christmas lights being unimpressed.

I love Christmas and Christmas lights I just didn't find the Osborne show to be particularly impressive, particularly not for all the fuss that is made about it online.

The Osborne lights were a special part of the Walt Disney World experience. The pulsating lights, the music and the "snow" helped us get into the Christmas spirit. We are disappointed, to say the least, about losing an attraction that captured the attention and imagination of so many folks, especially youngsters.

All the best! :thumbsup2

While I am very happy my family and I have had the opportunity to enjoy the light this is just another step further and further away from Disney Magic. Seems to me that Disney is moving more and more away from family experiences to rides and attractions. I am very saddened by the change in how guest are treated, it certainly isn't like the book I read on Disney management. If I wanted to ride ride after ride after ride I would just go to universal but we go to disney for the "Magic" and things like drawing with a cast member, interaction with cast members and guest, and just the little things. Am I happy they are coming out with new stuff yes but why does all the old stuff that held so many fond memories have to go away. Our last trip in July was an eyeopener as the parks were filthy cast members rude to guest and closure after closure after closure. Maybe they should take DHS offline for 12 months get it completed then open it up. Oh and Mulch sweat and shears is gone as well. Again the family interactive stuff is going going going. Who is going to play new years eve? I know a lot of people went there to listen to them rock in the new year! Probably another stupid frozen themed new year ugh. I wish Disney would take their own advice on Frozen and "let it go" its getting on everyone's nerves!

Big big mistake getting rid of Osborne lights. I see Toy Story Land flopping in the near future too. Drawings do not look fun. Looks like Dumbo's circus in MK. Which is terribly boring. Find a way to keep the lights please!! Star Wars isn't going to make up the difference!

The reason no one wanted to go to Hollywood studios is because of the boring stunt show, boring Indiana Jones, dated Honey I Shrunk the Kids, dated Mermaid show, dated Muppets show, toy story mania cheap and Boring but only family ride, Rockin Roller Coaster for older kids and above only, Tower of Terror for older kids and above only. Even Star Tours boring! The only thing people were going for was the Jedi Academy, Great Movie Ride, Drawing Class, and Osborne lights and they 3 of those are Closing!! So disappointed!!

My daughter is off at college and emailed me a story about this being the last year. We're trying to figure out if we could squeeze in some crazy road trip this winter - we're 25 hours away and couldn't swing flights (we were just there in March) but we'd love to see the lights one more time before they're gone forever.

I was sad to hear this news, too. I sure am glad I got to see them in 2012! They were absolutely amazing!

Could it be temporary due to the expansion?

Hopefully they find a new spot for them. This will be my first time taking my daughters to enjoy the lights.

The post of the Disney Parks blog seems to be pretty clear that they are going away for good. Considering the time it takes to install and remove them each year I don't see any place else that would be suitable for them.

This stinks. Disney at xmas time was one of the most magical places in the world.

First they got rid of the Lights of Winter. Then the garland on Main Street. Now the Osborne lights.

All the reasons to go during the holidays are gone. so sad

Same thought here. I found trying to go at a time we hadn't before helped to take the sting out of the changes. Last Labor Day ( hard to believe it has been a year) we attended our first MNSSHP and I loved all the Halloween decor, themeing. It helps that is my favorite holiday, lol, and I thought it wouldn't feel like "fall" and was so early, but LOVED it!

Same thought here. I found trying to go at a time we hadn't before helped to take the sting out of the changes. Last Labor Day ( hard to believe it has been a year) we attended our first MNSSHP and I loved all the Halloween decor, themeing. It helps that is my favorite holiday, lol, and I thought it wouldn't feel like "fall" and was so early, but LOVED it!
Love Halloween too and MK during the fall is great. Nothing beat xmas though in the past.

I know the reason (parade,old lights,etc) but those are excuses. They updated Osborne lights to LED they could have done the same with lights of winter. As for garland they could have just run the MVMCP parade during the day instead. That fits fine under the garland. I know they put up wreaths but sorry it doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the garland

May have to start going in the fall again for MNSSHP and F&W.

Little by little there have been less and less holiday decor around the park. If you search the boards there were topics the past few years about the sparseness compared to years past

I know it's a business but it just seems that prices keep going up, the little magic touches get cut and we get dessert parties for $70 per person (on top of park or pArty tix)

As for garland they could have just run the MVMCP parade during the day instead. That fits fine under the garland. I know they put up wreaths but sorry it doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the garland

That's a good idea. I know people like the new daytime parade but I would much rather see the Christmas parade during the day AND keep the garland. Then they could have a new parade for MVMCP. But I am biased as the garland across Main Street really were my favorite decorations. The wreaths are not nearly as nice and they just aren't as noticeable, especially at night. I loved the over the top Christmas feel the garlands gave.

That's a good idea. I know people like the new daytime parade but I would much rather see the Christmas parade during the day AND keep the garland. Then they could have a new parade for MVMCP. But I am biased as the garland across Main Street really were my favorite decorations. The wreaths are not nearly as nice and they just aren't as noticeable, especially at night. I loved the over the top Christmas feel the garlands gave.

If they didn't run the Festival of Fantasy parade I'm pretty sure the outcry would be far greater than the noise from people who miss the garland.

A lot of the criticism about decorations being removed to save money is legitimate, but not in this case I think.

If they didn't run the Festival of Fantasy parade I'm pretty sure the outcry would be far greater than the noise from people who miss the garland.

A lot of the criticism about decorations being removed to save money is legitimate, but not in this case I think.

I agree, which is why they didn't do it. FoF is to new, no way they stop running it for a month and a half.

I'm pretty thoroughly disappointed about the end of Osborne Lights. I'm on board with any (futile) petition that anyone wants to start.

I disagree. They don't run FoF during Christmas week they run the xmas parade.

Given this would have been a few weeks longer but who would the outcry come from? People who haven't seen it yet?

I disagree. They don't run FoF during Christmas week they run the xmas parade.

Given this would have been a few weeks longer but who would the outcry come from? People who haven't seen it yet?

It's a very popular parade yeah I'm pretty confident more people care about seeing it than have even noticed the garland.

Also if you move the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade to day for the whole Christmas season you're taking away one of the major draws of MVMCP. I don't see that being popular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter