2016 DISNEY HONEYMOON Roll Call!!

belleincanada

A Beauty, but a Funny Girl
My fiancé and I are so excited to be returning to WDW for our honeymoon! :lovestruc We're going a year from now - 11-12 days in September after our wedding in August.

Nothing's booked yet, but we're saving every last penny to stay at GF which has been our dream for years. We've only ever stayed at ASMu. It'll probably end up being a split stay in a moderate (probably POR or POFQ), and then a few days splurge on GF.

Who else is going on a Disneymoon in 2016, and where are you staying?? ::MickeyMo

P.S. ...we're not sure but we may be married already.... Woody conducted a ceremony and Buzz was witness when we went back in February after getting engaged.
95f0b155-56ce-4311-bc88-0859a77fb4f4.jpg

Last edited:
Me! me, me.....err I mean us! :rolleyes1

We will be getting married in May but won't be Disneymooning until November so we can catch all the Christmas goodies! Actually it was just supposed to be a trip to Disney but since it will be our first trip after getting married I have declared it our honeymoon :cutie: Kinda excited to get the Happily Ever After button to go along with our just engaged button too!!! Currently planning on staying Boardwalk.

Ooooh Grand Floridian would be beautiful and perfect for a honeymoon! 11-12 days in September sounds amazing! So many days! And I love that picture/story of Woody marrying you guys! So adorable! I hope you can work that into your wedding somehow! Did you guys get engaged while at Disney? And if so story please!

Fiance proposed on our first night at Disney last year while on the balcony of our room at AKL, had a couple of giraffes looking on too, it was pretty perfect for us. :lovestruc

We are having a vow renewal on December 2016 and doing our Disneymoon for the remainder of the trip (we eloped to the courthouse Christmas Eve 2013, so this will be our wedding). The plan right now is to stay in a Wilderness Lodge studio for the weekend before the wedding and the check in to a 1 bedroom Club Level villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge from the night before the wedding through the end of the week. Hoping to get a room at the Poly as our free night at the end of the week.

I will be there Sept. 12th - Sept 24th for our honeymoon. Our wedding is Sept 10th. We're staying at CBR. We thought about renting DVC points and staying at a deluxe (possibly Poly or WL.. GF in my dreams :laughing:) but after doing some research it seems the meal plan is typically free around our dates so we couldn't pass up the opportunity to get it if it does happen! Who knows, we could always check our options to rent DVC points and switch resorts if the free meal plan falls through.

I hope everyone enjoys their special day and of course their honeymoon :lovestruc

I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Staying at Yacht club! WE JUST got back 2 weeks ago from animal kingdom lodge! best time ever!!!!! Now were planning the honeymoon around food & wine and the Halloween party! WE may do universal a few days too! I am making a disney registry to help offset the costs of the trip - anyone else doing that?

I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Staying at Yacht club! WE JUST got back 2 weeks ago from animal kingdom lodge! best time ever!!!!! Now were planning the honeymoon around food & wine and the Halloween party! WE may do universal a few days too! I am making a disney registry to help offset the costs of the trip - anyone else doing that?

We're planning at least a full day at Universal so DF can check out the Harry Potter World. I set up a small Disney registry for a few things like contributing to a couples massage and some spending money for souvenirs and meals.

I've never been to Universal - I wasn't sure how many days we would need. I love that registry! I haven't figured out the dates we will be there, I wanted the last 2 weeks in Sept since the crowd levels are low and I will still get the Halloween party and some food & wine.

We are also in the 2016 honeymoon camp. Wedding will be in Disneyworld, hopefully on Thursday October 13, 2016. Backup date is Tuesday October 11, 2016. Right now there is 1 other couple with the same first and second choice ceremony as us on Oct 13, so hopefully nobody else comes along in the next 3 weeks and we get 1 or the other. We are booked on the Fantasy to set sail on Saturday Oct 15 through Saturday Oct 22.

We will be pre-wedding through cruise at Beach Club Villas, start date depends on wedding date. Already got the BCV ponits transferred into our DVC account, ready to book at 11 months. We will spend 1 last night at Disneyworld after the cruise and go home on Sunday Oct 23, hotel TBD. Hoping we can use our free night from the wedding room block that last night, but I have been told we cannot use it outside of our blocked dates so we shall see. Otherwise, we will book DVC using points for that last night.

We were originally going to do just a 4 night cruise and more time at Disneyworld, but decided we go to the parks all the time, we may as well make the honeymoon special and do the longer cruise.

I've been looking into renting dvc points but how does that work? I heard no room cleaning but it may be cheaper and you get a microwave & fridge area. I liked the 1 bedrooms with the jetted tub but that's out of my price range.

Yes we are!!

Wedding August 20 and coming down the 22nd to the 30th. We've been to CSR the last 3 times, love it but this time we are upgrading to the Yacht club on the premium dining plan, we plan on doing lots of non park things and tours since we have been down quite a bit.

We're also taking a short trip in Dec 2015 because we can't get enough!

Hubby and I are having a vow renewal in Vegas end of February then heading to Disneyland!! It will be our first time at a Disney park together; I can't wait!!

We are! We are going in June for a week! I cannot wait! Right now we are booked in a 1 bedroom villa at Wilderness Lodge, but will be hopefully switching to the Boardwalk at the 7 month mark!

We are! Not WDW though. Fiance and I are doing 5-6 days at Aulani and 3-4 at Disneyland. Doing and ocean view regular room at Aulani and the either Disneyland Hotel or Grand Californian. We are going to be there from September 12-20 or 12-22 can't decide yet.

We just booked our disneymoon today! Wedding is June 24 and we will be going to Disneyworld June 26-July 3rd. I think we may be a little crazy and I'm definitely nervous about the crowds, but we were engaged at disneyworld last september and our "real" honeymoon will be the following year - a 3 week trip to Italy. Right now we are booked at POR but hoping to be able to upgrade that to Beach Club if a discount comes out!

Me! We're getting married on February 26. Since we're from Orlando and go to WDW all the time , we're going to Disneyland for 5 days and then flying back for a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy! Can't wait!

We're taking a delayed two-parter honeymoon after our wedding in May. WDW will be our second honeymoon! :) I'm excited to go back because we got engaged at WDW last November.

We're still debating on what resort to stay at. Leaning towards the Poly or GF but I've heard great things about the Epcot resort area.

DF and I are getting married in early May 2016 and coming down to WDW for our honeymoon for 12 days and then a 7 day cruise in the caribbean!! It will be my 2nd visit to WDW and my DH at the point 7th or 8th trip. Lots of resorts to visit, food to eat, and of course the EPCOT international flower show while we visit.

I've been looking into renting dvc points but how does that work? I heard no room cleaning but it may be cheaper and you get a microwave & fridge area. I liked the 1 bedrooms with the jetted tub but that's out of my price range.

We are renting DVC points from someone for our honeymoon. Its much cheaper than getting a room through Disney. We went through https://www.dvcrequest.com/ and used someones points, they cannot make it to Disney this year (can you imagine) and so we are using their Beach Club DVC points for them. When you stay at a DVC resort (there are only certain WDW hotels that have DVC rooms) you don't get the maid service every day. You get maid service every 4 days. If your just there 7 days its minimal cleaning, but if your there longer its a more intense cleaning, but still only every 4 days. We are getting a Deluxe studio for our trip, it does come with the microwave and fridge, but not the jetted tub. It is less expensive than the 1 bedroom. I hope this helps!

Ooh I'm joining in! We just booked our at-home wedding for next October, and planning 6 nights in WDW and 3 at Universal for our honeymoon :)

We plan to rent DVC points and (hopefully) get a Savannah View Studio at AKL. We still have a couple of weeks till we get to the 11 month mark to start really planning the honeymoon, but getting closer! I can't wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter