2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** May 7-10, 2015

I just got new shoes too! My pair of Asics Nimbus 15's are a bit too small and I keep bruising my toes on my longer runs. I got a pair of 17's today... hopefully they are good to go for my 13 mile run on Saturday! I'm going to test the waters tomorrow on my 30 min run.

New shoe day has me so excited. I can't wait to start getting some miles in on my 2!!!! new pair of Brooks.

I just got new shoes too! My pair of Asics Nimbus 15's are a bit too small and I keep bruising my toes on my longer runs. I got a pair of 17's today... hopefully they are good to go for my 13 mile run on Saturday! I'm going to test the waters tomorrow on my 30 min run.

Yay, new shoes are the best! I really want a new pair of shoes, but the brand I wear has a newer model coming out soon I want to try and they get almost 700 miles vs the 350 or so on my Asics so I wear them a lot longer.

Have fun breaking them in girls!! And 3 weeks from tomorrow... :tinker::tink::tinker::tink:

I bought a pair of Mizuno Sayonara 2 in electric green perfect for Tink! Have a few miles on them love these runners for my races. Saving these babies for Tinkerbell!
Otherwise I run in Mizuno Prophecy's to do all my training. I am a Mizuno girl!
Happy feet Happy miles!

I bought a pair of Mizuno Sayonara 2 in electric green perfect for Tink!
I just shifted to the Sayonara 2s! Mine aren't electric green, but I think I like them. The only issue is that my knees are aching again, which didn't happen when I was running in Nike Frees. I'm getting a little concerned - not going to buy extra pairs until I decide they're not the cause of my aching knees. Why do you train in the Prophecy instead of the Sayonara?

I just shifted to the Sayonara 2s! Mine aren't electric green, but I think I like them. The only issue is that my knees are aching again, which didn't happen when I was running in Nike Frees. I'm getting a little concerned - not going to buy extra pairs until I decide they're not the cause of my aching knees. Why do you train in the Prophecy instead of the Sayonara?

The heel drop maybe too much in the Sayonara's I eased into these shoes seeing they have a different drop from my Prophecy's. I only use the Sayonara's on pavement and use them race days because they are very light in weight that being said I feel they are not as supportive as my Prophecy's. Where I live I run on the dykes they are gravel my Prophecy give me more protection. I am lucky I have a wonderful running store I go to, they know my feet and my foot strike. The nice thing with them is you can take the shoes outside and run with them if they are not right causing any pains you can bring them back and they will put you in another pair to find the right shoes for you. I am very thankful to have this service.The Prophecy's went through a redesign hated them but they have listened to the complaints the shoe is good for me again. I am a neutral shoe. I used to wear asic's, I put on a pair of Prophecy and didn't want to take them off. I tried to talk myself out of them because of the cost but my happy feet won the argument. The difference between the Creation and the Prophecy is a little piece of rubber between the wave plate and the sole. Think of the springs in a car the Prochecy's have this nicer ride. Hope this was helpful this is only my experience. But please get your shoes checked pain is not good. Besides we will be having so much fun in a few weeks ! We want our bodies to be having as much fun as our Brains!

I'm used to running in a near zero-drop shoe (the Frees range between 4 and 7mm depending on which I wear) and the Sayonaras are 10mm, so that may well be the issue. I ran a mile in them at the store and they felt better than the Nike Fly knits which are supposed to be similar to the Frees and preferred the Sayonaras. But after a month in them, including a half marathon, a couple of 10+ mile training runs, and a ten mile race, I'm starting to notice the sore knee trend that had stopped when I went to minimalist shoes. My shins are unhappy, too and they haven't done that in a long time, including the three fulls that I trained for and ran in the Frees. I only switched because of a slight redesign that was causing blisters at the front of my arches, but I am probably going to shift the rest of my training runs back to the Frees with a little bit of padding on the arches to prevent the blisters. If that solves the problem, then I'll keep the Sayonaras for 5ks and below. They're a great shoe, but maybe not for distance running for me.

I'm used to running in a near zero-drop shoe (the Frees range between 4 and 7mm depending on which I wear) and the Sayonaras are 10mm, so that may well be the issue. I ran a mile in them at the store and they felt better than the Nike Fly knits which are supposed to be similar to the Frees and preferred the Sayonaras. But after a month in them, including a half marathon, a couple of 10+ mile training runs, and a ten mile race, I'm starting to notice the sore knee trend that had stopped when I went to minimalist shoes. My shins are unhappy, too and they haven't done that in a long time, including the three fulls that I trained for and ran in the Frees. I only switched because of a slight redesign that was causing blisters at the front of my arches, but I am probably going to shift the rest of my training runs back to the Frees with a little bit of padding on the arches to prevent the blisters. If that solves the problem, then I'll keep the Sayonaras for 5ks and below. They're a great shoe, but maybe not for distance running for me.
We are all so different it is interesting I can not wear Nike shoes ankle, shin, knee pain try several different models. Everyone's body's are so different. I hate it when they redesign shoes oh well I am happy now. I complained so hard about my Prophecy's new design and they did not last . I only got about 350 km on them the pair before these I got about 700 km. The Mizuno rep sent me a new pair of the newest model they are better.! Great customer service! I don't know how long they will last to still to new. I change my shoes about every 4 months. I'm not fast, just a running fool, smiling every mile!

Hi everyone!
Did most of you do the last long training run this morning?! How did it go? Are you feeling ready?

My plan was to run 11 but my son had a school event and I ran out of time and ran 10 (and still made us late!). It was pretty good. Slower than I'd like but that's ok. I think I am as ready as I can be. How about you?

Hi everyone!
Did most of you do the last long training run this morning?! How did it go? Are you feeling ready?

Good for you for still getting your miles in even with a school event !!!

Yes!! 13.5 miles today in a slightly hilly park and in a hilly neighborhood. I'm ready to tackle "Ball Hill Road" and that underpass tunnel in the park. I'm ready, but it's always a battle in my head. It took a while to find my happy pace and then I was starting to freak out about the Pixie Dust challenge. Running is as much mental as it physical. Will do some back to back shorter runs leading up to the race.
I think the worse thing about these long runs is, no on course entertainment and finish line bling.

Thanks Vicki! I usually get up at 5 am during the week to either run or workout but doing it on a Saturday was tough. :) however, I was highly motivated by the idea of crossing the last long run off my list!
And I'm impressed with you PDCers. Back to back long runs have got to be so tough to train for. Oh but those medals... :)

Oh no Piglet! Not ready? What's up?

Thanks Vicki! I usually get up at 5 am during the week to either run or workout but doing it on a Saturday was tough. :) however, I was highly motivated by the idea of crossing the last long run off my list!
And I'm impressed with you PDCers. Back to back long runs have got to be so tough to train for. Oh but those medals... :)

Oh no Piglet! Not ready? What's up?

I leave for work at 5am!

I just feel very under-trained. I started out following the schedule for the weekends, but weekdays were hard at the beginning due to my work schedule and the short hours of daylight. Then when the runs got longer, I was having a harder time following the schedule. I've been walking more and doing Zumba too, but my time is not getting any faster and I think I have some tendinitis below my knee. I'm just discouraged and frustrated with the whole thing. :worried:

I leave for work at 5am!

I just feel very under-trained. I started out following the schedule for the weekends, but weekdays were hard at the beginning due to my work schedule and the short hours of daylight. Then when the runs got longer, I was having a harder time following the schedule. I've been walking more and doing Zumba too, but my time is not getting any faster and I think I have some tendinitis below my knee. I'm just discouraged and frustrated with the whole thing. :worried:

I think we most of us feel discouraged and frustrated when we are training. Honestly, I HATE the training process, it's difficult and painful, but I LOVE the race itself. Just try and keep your eye on the prize...a medal. Just try and hang in there. :)

Yes, crossing it off the list feels good. I admire you getting up at 5:00 for workouts. I can't move without a hot shower so my workouts at in the evening.
This is my first challenge, possibly my only one, so we'll see how it goes. I swear I'm taking it slow and practically crawl for the 10K. I don't want anything to get in the way of Sunday's race.

I think we most of us feel discouraged and frustrated when we are training. Honestly, I HATE the training process, it's difficult and painful, but I LOVE the race itself. Just try and keep your eye on the prize...a medal. Just try and hang in there. :)
I completely agree!!! I love the race, hate the months of training. My last long run is next weekend.... So jealous of you that are done with the long runs!

Hi everyone!
Yes!
It went ok, not great, but ok considering my recent training!
No!! :)

I should have been training my hardest the last 3 weeks but I think I posted a little bit back that we found out our dog was having some health issues and I have just been slacking while we dealt with that. The night before my first 13 miler 3 weeks ago, SO told me he'd felt a lump on our dog's ribs, and in the past 3 weeks we went to our regular vet for x-rays, had a biopsy at the specialty hospital, and then this week he had surgery to remove it and most of 4 of his ribs! He's doing fantastic though all things considering... both vets (regular, specialty surgeon) are amazed at how well he is doing considering it has only been 3 full days now since the surgery and he is 12 years old. In those 3 weeks I have done all my Saturday runs (following the Galloway Tink beginner plan... the last 3 Saturday runs were 3, 3, and then today's long run suppose to be 14), but the weekday 30 min runs I did 1/2, 0/2, 1/2... so 2 out of 6 runs. :(

I cut today's run short. The plan said to do 14, I had already decided to do 13, but I stopped at 12.11 in 2:48:13. Too many things hurt (feet, hips, IT band), I had a big blister starting under my big toe, and I didn't want to risk actually hurting anything with the race coming up. I declared 12.11 "enough" and hobbled the rest of the way home. :) As usual there were a lot of hills on my route that I walked up the really big ones, but it still was pretty energy sapping. Really looking forward to flat roads on race day!

On the plus side I got my pants situation nailed down and tested out my new SPIbelt. :D I tested out the pants I was going to wear on Thursday and they kept sliding down, but I wore better undies today that gave them more traction to stay put. :D So my outfit is good to go! No costume for me, just capris and a short sleeve tech shirt.

Yes!
It went ok, not great, but ok considering my recent training!
No!! :)

I should have been training my hardest the last 3 weeks but I think I posted a little bit back that we found out our dog was having some health issues and I have just been slacking while we dealt with that. The night before my first 13 miler 3 weeks ago, SO told me he'd felt a lump on our dog's ribs, and in the past 3 weeks we went to our regular vet for x-rays, had a biopsy at the specialty hospital, and then this week he had surgery to remove it and most of 4 of his ribs! He's doing fantastic though all things considering... both vets (regular, specialty surgeon) are amazed at how well he is doing considering it has only been 3 full days now since the surgery and he is 12 years old. In those 3 weeks I have done all my Saturday runs (following the Galloway Tink beginner plan... the last 3 Saturday runs were 3, 3, and then today's long run suppose to be 14), but the weekday 30 min runs I did 1/2, 0/2, 1/2... so 2 out of 6 runs. :(

I cut today's run short. The plan said to do 14, I had already decided to do 13, but I stopped at 12.11 in 2:48:13. Too many things hurt (feet, hips, IT band), I had a big blister starting under my big toe, and I didn't want to risk actually hurting anything with the race coming up. I declared 12.11 "enough" and hobbled the rest of the way home. :) As usual there were a lot of hills on my route that I walked up the really big ones, but it still was pretty energy sapping. Really looking forward to flat roads on race day!

On the plus side I got my pants situation nailed down and tested out my new SPIbelt. :D I tested out the pants I was going to wear on Thursday and they kept sliding down, but I wore better undies today that gave them more traction to stay put. :D So my outfit is good to go! No costume for me, just capris and a short sleeve tech shirt.

Sending healing and positive energy to your dog hope you can let a little stress out of your life. No worries the crowd on the race course will bring us in. They will give us the energy to pull this off! It's all about the fun and the smiles!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter