2015 sail dates?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by dandjfla, Apr 9, 2013.

1. sweetlovin'

sweetlovin' DIS Veteran

After booking these, I'll only be able to afford the Washington dc zoo

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ThereYouSeeHer

ThereYouSeeHer DIS Veteran

Haha....free is something I can get on board with! :)

4. Peytonthe1st

Peytonthe1st Princess in Training

OK....I know this has got to be one of the dumbest questions you all have heard so bear with me...

This will be my first DCL cruise (so I am OBVIOUSLY not Gold/Platinum status) and I plan to book through Costco. Can I come here, find out from all you wonderful folks that the dates have been released for Gold/Platinum and have Costco call over to DCL to book? Or would I have to wait until the dates have been released on DCL's website for all of us non-G/P cruisers? :confused3

Thanks!!!

5. ahain

ahain Thankful & Blessed

You can call Costco, but they will not be able to book for you until your open booking day (day 3, I think?)

6. Peytonthe1st

Peytonthe1st Princess in Training

Thank you. Hopefully the price does not change too much in that time period. We are considering either a balcony (nothing special, just a regular balcony) or an ocean view. When will the wait end?????

7. Garyjames220

Garyjames220 Mouseketeer

No am not guessing was told by a few people on here *** there Norway baltics cruise is so popular u can't use the 10 percent discount on it

8. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

DCL has never done a Norway cruise, and their 2010 Baltic cruises didn't sail full. As I recall - DCL added onboard credit of ~ $300 per person to those who had booked a 2010 Baltic cruise to keep them from "jumping ship" - but that was added after the cruises were initially booked.

9. DISNEY FANTASY

DISNEY FANTASY Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas

I think the post was saying they will be popular.

I was on a DCL Baltic cruise, mine was just very slightly short of being full.

So the reports they didn't sell well are not correct, hence why DCL are going back.

10. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

I know what the PP was saying. The Baltic itinerary was popular...the price was not. That's why DCL added the very generous onboard credit to every passenger (who had booked by a certain date)...to keep them onboard!

11. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

What was the OBC?

12. disprincess4ever

disprincess4ever DIS Veteran

$300 I believe a PP said.

13. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

They also offered the Cat. 12 GTY on those sailings which was the way they discounted cruises before they went to the *GT rates.

14. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

I think the cat. 12 GTY fares were offered after people were in the penalty phase, as I recall quite a few people paying the penalty and still coming out thousands of dollars ahead. However, I don't think the cat. 12 GTY fares were offered on all 4 Baltic cruises.

15. luv2sleep

luv2sleep DIS Veteran

Thanks. It's hard to keep up here!

16. Garyjames220

Garyjames220 Mouseketeer

Am confused

Are u saying if I book on board I get the 10 percent of any cruise and doesn't exclude any then ?

17. pillow

pillow DIS Veteran

I think folks are speculating about which dates will be blacked out just based on cruise popularity. Nobody will know blackout dates till DCL releases itineraries and pricing in the next few weeks. However, even if the date you choose is blacked out, you should still get the onboard credit that DCL offers for rebooking onboard - but not the 10% discount.

Jodie

18. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

Right, only the first two sailings.

19. gydell

gydell <font color=teal>I am watching and waiting<br><fon

And kids sail free

20. MandyGirl

MandyGirl DIS Veteran

In glad to see you post that, Woody. Just last week after NCL came out with Kids Sail Free we decide to do the 9-nt Star prior to DCL WBTA. Copenhagen, St Petersberg, etc. Will do our volunteer mission work in Scotland now versus Prague before that cruise, so we can return to Prague/Vienna when the kiddos are a little older. The port intensive cruises on other lines at a much cheaper rate that fit our budget to do two back to back are hard to turn down.

21. woody73

woody73 <font color=darkorange>Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen<br><

Sounds like an excellent plan.

Woody