2015 sail dates?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by dandjfla, Apr 9, 2013.

1. cris0809

cris0809 Might be why the rum is always gone

Nope.

They've done everything they can to sell off the remainder of the sailings but it has looked all but desperate. DCL even pulled out of its contract early, paying substantial fees to do so.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TwinPrincessMermaids

TwinPrincessMermaids DIS Veteran

Its kinda hard to get to. I noticed that they were a lil cheaper... But I like CC and PC and Orlando too much to try Texas so far...guess that's where I'm not alone... What about somewhere in the middle like Carolinas...

4. disneylove69

disneylove69 DIS Veteran

My TA sent email as soon as she heard they we're coming out and let her know what we wanted for booking.

5. GoofyLovingFamily

GoofyLovingFamily Mouseketeer

We would love a sailing out of Charleston SC. There is Disney Resort in Hilton Head so Charleston sailing could bring more travelers to Hilton Head.

6. Kandjandj

Kandjandj Earning My Ears

Whoa, whoa, whoa!! I think you are referring to Bourbon St which is ONE street in the entire city! The FQ is a beautiful area filled with families during the day. NOLA has plenty to offer families. And let's remember, ORLANDO has the highest violent crime rate in the nation.
    Whether DCL comes to NOLA or not, do not call it a sin filled gutter.

7. TwinPrincessMermaids

And Disney already had Port Orleans right? A New Orleans themed resort? So they must not hate it that much...

8. EPCOTatNight

EPCOTatNight I am the Polynesian Parking guy

New Orleans was Walt's favorite city. He said it himself. Port Orleans, New Orleans square in Disneyland, and the fact that Tianna is from here all represent that. With that said, I don't want DCL here. It might lose some of its luster if I can see it every week.

9. TwinPrincessMermaids

That's right, Tiana too. Well for the rest of us its good. You can always move. -tonguey sticky out icon thingy-

10. Mndisneygirl

Mndisneygirl DIS Veteran

I can see it now - DCL on the Mississippi River - start to finish! Dodging river barges and gambling riverboats! Not too many interesting ports along the way though...

11. lucas

lucas °o°

12. TwinPrincessMermaids

Do you suppose they would still offer a PC Disney day? If so, this would probably be my perfect cruise. Because it's an easy drive and 2 of our 3 have been out of NOLA and the only advantage to me of PC was Disney, but the drive is closer to 13-14 vs 9 to NOLA. If we could embark there and still get a hopping day (like they were doing in Galv) that would be like the perfect trip for me.

Plus I love me some NOLA food!

13. princesszelda

princesszelda Mouseketeer

Me too!

14. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

And that pesky New Orleans Square over at Disneyland. Where Club 33 is. (best mai tai ever!)

As to the 2015 dates, I am most definitely not any sort of expert at all, but I think that will have to wait just a bit longer until they figure out all the changes that started yesterday. After all, they have Jan 2 2015 as a place-holder date on many/all? of our accounts; those of us who booked a 2014 that's being changed, that is, so they can't open that year until they have that all cleared up.

I think.

:)

15. QuiltTeddy

QuiltTeddy DIS Veteran

16. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

What's the question?

17. sabrecmc

sabrecmc DIS Veteran

I would personally love NOLA. We are in the FL panhandle, so NOLA is actually about half the distance that PC is for us, so that would make it way more convenient.

We actually just got back from a quick weekend in NOLA for my birthday. It was me, my 65 year old mom and my 7 year old daughter. We all had a blast! My DD and I did the Zoo and Aquarium and Storybook Land over by the Botanical Garden, while Nana shopped and enjoyed the French Quarter. Great dinner at the Court of Two Sisters...And I do think NOLA is really trying to change its image and be more family friendly.

18. GoofyLovingFamily

GoofyLovingFamily Mouseketeer

Another vote for Nola as departure port. Much closer for us also.

19. deanimal

deanimal DIS Veteran

West Coast, West Coast! :cheer2:

20. EvaSue

EvaSue DIS Veteran

Yes! This.

21. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

:cheer2::yay::cheer2:
    Rah, rah, rah!