2015 sail dates?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by dandjfla, Apr 9, 2013.

1. SageFemme

SageFemme Mouseketeer

Hoping for Hawaii!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. pillow

pillow DIS Veteran

Made me laugh. I feel the same way. At least you're ok with 3-5 nights. I did an 11 night back in 2007. Now nothing else measures up. Anything less than 7 just doesn't feel long enough.

Jodie

4. TwinPrincessMermaids

TwinPrincessMermaids DIS Veteran

Nope! I'm not greedy. ** Altho for 14 hr drive, at least one Orlando parks day is necessary. That makes the trip a great 4 days. That's how we did it two weeks ago. Boo. I'm already 2 weeks away from my last Dis trip. Feels like yrs.

5. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

They still haven't released the rest of 2014 for the classic ships -- but heard that may happen this week or next! :thumbsup2

6. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

The dates are there for the Magic thru Jan 5, 2015 (the NYE cruise). They were listed on the future sailings brochure when we sailed in March. The Wonder is going to dry dock in Oct 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

7. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

Well, howda like that! My TA was supposed to let me know when they finally opened up the rest of 2014. When did that happen? :confused3

8. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

A couple months ago. Someone posted in the thread you started about the rest of the 2014 with the same answer.

9. GoHabsGo

GoHabsGo Mouseketeer

that's what she said...sorry, couldn't resist being childish!

10. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

Rumor is the Wonder will be at PC doing 7n Western after it's dry dock.

Yeah - Feb 11 or 12. Looks like you need a more competent TA... I was on the Wonder the day they came out and booked on board Fantasy for Dec. 2014.

11. FergusBC

FergusBC DIS Veteran

Well then I definitely want to go to New Orleans!! :rotfl2:

12. pillow

pillow DIS Veteran

:lmao::lmao::rotfl2:

13. jelliott04

jelliott04 DIS Veteran

Looking to move a dummy cruise to 2015. Is there a list we can get on that announces when the 2015 will be announced?

J

14. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

I think you just need to keep checking here. Many times rumors as to release dates appear here sooner than from DCL directly.

15. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

The Princess is correct, seems I find out about new release on these boards before the "official" announcement from DCL. ::yes::

16. TwinPrincessMermaids

It dawned on me today that, didn't Disney make a whole resort Orleans themed? French Quarter etc? So it they can theme a whole resort around New Orleans, seems to reason they wouldn't mind docking there either...

17. jenifred

jenifred Mouseketeer

Five words - Crescent River Port Pilots' Association

In order to navigate the Miss River in the city of NOLA, you must have a CRPP on board. They literally climb from one moving vessel onto the ship, help navigate the ship through the twisting canal, and hop onto another moving vessel at the mouth of the river. This service does not come cheap and therein lies the problem. DCL has not been willing to pay the fee.

18. EastYorkDisneyFan

EastYorkDisneyFan DIS Veteran

Most ports require a pilot on board when entering port. The only one that DCL currently sails to that doesn't require one is Castaway Cay as they own it. So I doubt it has anything to do with not wanting to pay for a pilot, they just may not have thought of it. I did see a rumor somewhere that NOLA was lobing Disney heavily to bring a ship to them, similar to when they announced they were going to Seattle instead of Vancouver for the Alaska cruises.

19. Beermam42

Beermam42 Grit and bear it

The offer is substantial. NO board wants to build second new terminal.
    They have some very nice ships comming this fall. Nor. JEWEL, Navigator of the Sea, and big catch is the Maiden US Voyages of the all new Carnival Sunshine. Plus the sailings of the other Carnival Ship. Were the pilot cost more because it is 90 miles up river from south pass to docks. It is something that could be offset with docking fee reduction. Biggest problem right now was the bad taste in DCL venture into Galveston.

We can only hope DCL comes to NOLA I have a standing reservation on the first cruise. 56 miles from my front door. I would not even have to pay for parking get friend to drop me off.

20. TwinPrincessMermaids

Did Galveston not go over well?

21. Beermam42

Beermam42 Grit and bear it

You never know. But you have to get business some were. Second new ship terminal comming, whole new Terminal at International Airport. DCL is facing stiff competion on Fla East coast. One of three unique cities in US. Look at bring kids along two days early. Catch Mardi Gras parade, visit one of the best Zoos in the contry, and acquarium two blocks from were the ships dock, and The D Days Musume. Yes if adult you can go to Burbor St.