2015 Planning - Free Dining?

Labor day has always been included in the past for the FD offers and believe it or not, Labor day is one of the least busy times to go since kids are just back into school in the majority of the US, parents don't like to take their kids out of school just after school starts. In fact, looking at the crowd calendars, the week before and after and including labor day weekend are all showing to be a crowd level 1 or 2 everyday from Sept 1-Sept 13. Have fun!

It's been a couple of years, since I've had time to go and I'm happy to hear it's still included because I love the off-season.

I just called to modify my reservation (found out I will have more vacation time accrued by then and added a day - yippee!!) As I was talking to Tammy, the Cast Member who was so helpful, I asked if she knew anything about Free Dining being announced - she said that it will be announced VERRRRRRY SOON (her inflection!) Stay tuned everyone!!

I translated the South American offer that someone posted on another thread....Here it is:

April 23, 2014.- There will be free meals in September, October, November and December 2015 at Walt Disney World Resort. Earlier today the Twitter account of viajeromagico.com anticipated the expected news (see photo) There's no official word but travel agents have received the codes to promote free meals during September, October, November and December 2015. To receive this offer check-in must fall within the following dates: From August 15 to October 2 From October 25 to October 31 From November 8th to November 19th From December 15 to December 21. Entering (first day) to the hotel in one of these four periods get free meals for the entire stay. Value Hotels Disney Dining Plan Quick receive and Moderate and Deluxe hotels are regularly Disney Dining Plan. Hotels excluded: The most notable exclusions hotels are the All Star Movies and standard rooms Little Mermaid in the Art of Animation and Port Orleans French Quarter. In the case of Port Orlearns Riverside, is included only during the period from August 15 to October 2, being excluded for the rest of the dates of October, November and December. Rules: What is important to determine if the promotion applies to a stay shall be the date of check in. Stay must begin within any of the consigned periods and then get meals for all contracted nights. It is possible that the above rule exception to suffer after the December 21 nights. The promotion may be contracted between April 27 and August 7 in travel agencies. It is compulsory to take at least two days for tickets with hotel nights. Stays must be a minimum of 3 nights and a maximum of 14 nights. We reiterate that these data apply in principle to travel agencies. However it is very likely that the promotion is announced by identical or similar for direct contracts with Disney via official website. If there were any differences between direct Disney and travel agency, chances are older posibildad fewer days for the second half of August and hiring more restricted dates. Next week these little questions will be cleared.

So can you explain to me how this free dining works?? Can you go to restaurants with the free dining or is that extra. Do they tell you on the menu what you can have and not have? We are also seasonal pass holders. Does that work for us even though we plan on going in mid November and staying at one of the resorts where the monorail goes.

I translated the South American offer that someone posted on another thread....Here it is:

April 23, 2014.- There will be free meals in September, October, November and December 2015 at Walt Disney World Resort. Earlier today the Twitter account of viajeromagico.com anticipated the expected news (see photo) There's no official word but travel agents have received the codes to promote free meals during September, October, November and December 2015. To receive this offer check-in must fall within the following dates: From August 15 to October 2 From October 25 to October 31 From November 8th to November 19th From December 15 to December 21. Entering (first day) to the hotel in one of these four periods get free meals for the entire stay. Value Hotels Disney Dining Plan Quick receive and Moderate and Deluxe hotels are regularly Disney Dining Plan. Hotels excluded: The most notable exclusions hotels are the All Star Movies and standard rooms Little Mermaid in the Art of Animation and Port Orleans French Quarter. In the case of Port Orlearns Riverside, is included only during the period from August 15 to October 2, being excluded for the rest of the dates of October, November and December. Rules: What is important to determine if the promotion applies to a stay shall be the date of check in. Stay must begin within any of the consigned periods and then get meals for all contracted nights. It is possible that the above rule exception to suffer after the December 21 nights. The promotion may be contracted between April 27 and August 7 in travel agencies. It is compulsory to take at least two days for tickets with hotel nights. Stays must be a minimum of 3 nights and a maximum of 14 nights. We reiterate that these data apply in principle to travel agencies. However it is very likely that the promotion is announced by identical or similar for direct contracts with Disney via official website. If there were any differences between direct Disney and travel agency, chances are older posibildad fewer days for the second half of August and hiring more restricted dates. Next week these little questions will be cleared.
We are scheduled to check in Nov 7, should I wait and see or call now and move the check in?

So can you explain to me how this free dining works?? Can you go to restaurants with the free dining or is that extra. Do they tell you on the menu what you can have and not have? We are also seasonal pass holders. Does that work for us even though we plan on going in mid November and staying at one of the resorts where the monorail goes.

Free dining means that you get the dining plan for free with a package - you get the Quick Service dining plan with value resorts, and the regular dining plan with moderate and deluxe resorts. I don't understand what you mean by going to restaurants with the free dining, but there are no restrictions on what you can order. You have to by a package with a minimum of a 2 day ticket in order to get free dining (you don't have to get a ticket equal to the number of days of your stay), but you can save those tickets for a future trip or use them toward the purchase of your next seasonal pass.

We are scheduled to check in Nov 7, should I wait and see or call now and move the check in?

The offer you quoted is for South America - the offer for the U.S. might have different dates. However, if November 7 is excluded from the U.S. offer, you would have to move your dates so that your check-in date is within the included dates. What some people do if they want to start their vacation on a date that's excluded from free dining is to do a room-only reservation for the date (or dates) that isn't (aren't) included, then do a free dining package package for the rest of their dates. I would wait until the offer is announced before changing what you have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter