2015 Planning - Free Dining?

:cool1: We usually go a week or two after Easter. The only discount we have ever had for this time of year was a room discount. Just came back from a girls trip in Sept. with free dining!! Waiting for a code or the discounts to come out. Flower and Garden Festival is Stunning!

I am trying to decide what to do as well. DH and I want to go down in Sept to celebrate our anniversary which is the end of Aug. I would like to book something so that I can make ADRs. We are planning on restaurants being am important part of the trip and are even considering upgrading to Delux dining.

I am concerned about the fact that POR was left out this year. I do know that now CBR has some 5 person rooms so I am hoping that POR will not be quite as full when discounts are being decided. This past year after FD had been open to the public a FD PIN was given out to selected people that did include POR.

The new renivated roomes at CBR sleep 5, two queen beds and a fold out twin.

Do they ever offer any good discounts during Christmas?

I am thinking no, but, heres to hoping.

We were just there from 12/21 - 12/26. We had free dining. I want to say the 21st was the last day it was offered, but we could get it our entire stay since that was the first day on our package.

do they ever block movie resort or the preferred rooms there?

Could be, could not be.

Totally depends on availability; you have to wait until a discount comes out to see if they are included. Never really able to predict what is and isn't included in each wave of discounts.

If you want free dining, wait it out. I know everyone likes to book and secure early, (well maybe not everyone but many) but if so many rooms are booked Disney will not see it as a needed promo to run to fill the rooms. So try to wait it out if Free Dining is truly what you want and need :)

do they ever block movie resort or the preferred rooms there?

Who knows, maybe they will include movie's this year. All star movies has been excluded for a few years now so I would have a back-up resort just in case. You will have a better shot at pop century

Do they normally exclude AoA Little Mermaid rooms from the free dining? I didn't think they did last year but I just read on another tip website that they do exclude this one.

Do they normally exclude AoA Little Mermaid rooms from the free dining? I didn't think they did last year but I just read on another tip website that they do exclude this one.

I think they always exclude AoA Little Mermaid rooms. It is the expensive Suites that are sometimes included in various discounts.
Someone will correct me if that is wrong.

We stayed at All Star Movies in early Nov. 2012 and had free dining. We'd love to go back this year sometime. Just waiting to see if any dining promotions will be offered. :)

I'm waiting for a FD deal for October as well. But looking at the last three years, the middle of October has been blacked out.

I'm waiting for a FD deal for October as well. But looking at the last three years, the middle of October has been blacked out.

Ya normally middle of October is blacked out so you have to check in the beginning of end outside of the blackout dates. Also sometimes dates past late Sept/early October aren't announced until later in the year like August (although I think last year they announced all dates at once). I can't wait that long to plan cause the end of my maternity leave is going to be decided by the trip too. I'm hoping they announce all dates at once and in March instead of May and then I can book for early October! Fingers crossed lol.

I'm hoping for Labor Day weekend...

Labor day has always been included in the past for the FD offers and believe it or not, Labor day is one of the least busy times to go since kids are just back into school in the majority of the US, parents don't like to take their kids out of school just after school starts. In fact, looking at the crowd calendars, the week before and after and including labor day weekend are all showing to be a crowd level 1 or 2 everyday from Sept 1-Sept 13. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts