2015 free dining visa early access

spritna

Mouseketeer
This is more of a vent, no we are not jumping on the free dining bandwagon. We just canceled fd pofq so we can go to disapalooza! But it is getting really old time after time that us visa holders are not getting any early access to any of the discounts that are offered. Like so many we have been members since "day one" and are not gettn ng what we signed up for! Is there a petition or something we can get going.........or some other way to express our opinion on this matter? Im really thinking about cutting this card up!

Credit cards are evil. Cut them up. Disney Visa Card holders have a right to be irritated. Especially those that got cards just to get the discount. Lesson learned 'eh.

Vote with you "feet" - call and cancel the card and tell them why you are doing it. Anything short of that is no more helpful than the venting post.

Personally, I think that AP holders have a lot more to complain about when it comes to discounts offered.

It's not a guarantee it comes out early to Visa card holders. I can't really feel bad people got the card banking on something like that, honestly. It's like pre bookings and then being pissed your dates or resort aren't included.

The biggest selling point of the card is the rewards dollars and regular discounts on property. If you have a Chase bank account you can just get the debit card and get everything but the rewards points.

I don't think putting together a petition is going to do you much good. You can certainly write them a letter or an email or talk to customer service and express your disappointment. You can cancel the card. That's about it.

I'm agreeing with that. If the card no longer works for you, cancel it, let Chase know why you don't want to to business with them anymore, and cut the card up. A petition, that might feel cathartic to see that there are those who agree with you, but it wont' do a whole lot of good.

I agree with the OP. I got the Disney Visa for the perks like early access to Free Dining and Resort Discounts. I will most likely cancel. While the perks weren't guaranteed, they were why I got the card - no perks, no need for the card! I get more $$ back for other cards... Actually I am cancelling. Calling now! Thanks for helping me make my decision!

I agree with the OP. I got the Disney Visa for the perks like early access to Free Dining and Resort Discounts. I will most likely cancel. While the perks weren't guaranteed, they were why I got the card - no perks, no need for the card! I get more $$ back for other cards... Actually I am cancelling. Calling now! Thanks for helping me make my decision!

Was early access to discounts ever listed/marketed as a perk for Disney Visa card members? I don't recall that being the case, but of course I could be wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter