Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Trying to make a few dining reservations for my night at the Beach Club, and looking for reviews since I've never been to the Boardwalk area.

Lunch(Drinks and Apps) at ESPN Club
Dinner at Captain's Grills
Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno

Thanks!
We love eating at the ESPN Club. It's a nice atmosphere, but the big draw for us is the nachos. SO good!

So it took me three days, but I finally read through this entire thread and I have to say it's making me even more excited for our BC stay in 64 days! Oct 1st-11th!!

I do have one question that I didn't see the answer to. When we visit we will be bringing our twin boys who at the time of our visit will be 22 months old. At home they sleep in cribs, and while staying other places we've tried pack n plays but they won't sleep in them. So we plan on renting two cribs and my question is will two fit in our room?

Thanks in advance!

So it took me three days, but I finally read through this entire thread and I have to say it's making me even more excited for our BC stay in 64 days! Oct 1st-11th!!

I do have one question that I didn't see the answer to. When we visit we will be bringing our twin boys who at the time of our visit will be 22 months old. At home they sleep in cribs, and while staying other places we've tried pack n plays but they won't sleep in them. So we plan on renting two cribs and my question is will two fit in our room?

Thanks in advance!

The rooms vary in size. In some it would be hard to get two full size cribs in them for sure. In others, they would fit. Not sure what type of room you booked but you may want to consider the Club Level Deluxe rooms ... they are really large and two cribs would fit in them for sure.

The rooms vary in size. In some it would be hard to get two full size cribs in them for sure. In others, they would fit. Not sure what type of room you booked but you may want to consider the Club Level Deluxe rooms ... they are really large and two cribs would fit in them for sure.
While staying it CL would be awesome it's not in the cards for this trip, I believe what we have booked is a standard room. Having the cribs is a must and I've heard that if you request it that they can remove the desk from the room. Anyone know if this is possible?

Two more sleeps and we will be in Disney again for our first stay at Beach Club. I know everyone will understand when I say "I'm too excited to sleep!!!"
I understand. Our first stay is 18 days away, and I just keep studying the maps and layout of the resort. I can visualize everything perfectly in my mind.....but what the heck, I'll have one more look at the map before bed tonight. :rotfl:

Yesterday at about 11:40 am I went from Beach Club lobby to Yacht Club Lobby.

beach Club lobby smelled fishy when I got close to Cape May Cafe. But not anywhere else in the lobby.

I did not notice any construction noise. But they were trying to dig up something in the sidewalk area in front of Yacht Club entrance (facing Boardwalk). Not sure what they were doing. it started raining during lunch, so they left.

Bell services guy said he heard that BCV remodel was supposed to start after BC remodel finished. But after the designs were drawn up, somebody apparently decided they needed to be changed. He did not have a timetable.

My room at BCV faced BCV pool. Will post pics when I get home. Only noise came from one very loud adult. Once he left, noise was not an issue. Was on 4th floor.
THANKS for taking time out to post!:thumbsup2 Hope that you are having a great vaca! Would love to see pics of your room when you return home. What was the condition of your room?:confused3 TIA!:goodvibes

My family, DH, DS15 and I will be at the Yacht Club the end of August. This will be our first time at the Yacht Club and are very much looking forward to SAB. We have always loved the pool at the French Quarter, but I'm quite sure there is no comparison!

I am learning so much from all of you reading through these threads!

As opposed to our previous "Commando"style touring all day long. We hope to spend mornings and evening in the parks. The afternoons will be spent relaxing at the pool. My concern is in being able to find a shady spot. Are there any locations at SAB, or would we be better off at the quiet pool?

Any advise is much appreciated.
:thanks:

As opposed to our previous "Commando"style touring all day long. We hope to spend mornings and evening in the parks. The afternoons will be spent relaxing at the pool. My concern is in being able to find a shady spot. Are there any locations at SAB, or would we be better off at the quiet pool?

Any advise is much appreciated.
:thanks:

We have always been able to find a shady spot. If you look at the map of SAB in post #2 of this thread, you will notice there are a good amount of trees around. Our favorite shady spot is by the hot tubs. You're going to love SAB, absolutely no comparison to the pool at POFQ.

While staying it CL would be awesome it's not in the cards for this trip, I believe what we have booked is a standard room. Having the cribs is a must and I've heard that if you request it that they can remove the desk from the room. Anyone know if this is possible?

We stayed in WDW many times when our twins were in cribs. We made it work no matter which resort we stayed in. I don't remember exactly how we laid things out in each different resort, but it seems like one crib always fit near the curtains and the other crib more near the bathroom area. We always made sure to leave a walking path for getting up during the night (lol).

Have lots of fun :) with your twins in Disney. I cherish all of our WDW trips, but our trips when the girls were babies were some of the most precious trips ever!

We hope to spend mornings and evening in the parks. The afternoons will be spent relaxing at the pool. My concern is in being able to find a shady spot. Are there any locations at SAB, or would we be better off at the quiet pool?
There are a lot of shady areas. The ones on the YC side always seem less crowded than on the BC side. We also like the quiet pools and often use them exclusively, especially when they are close to our room. :)

We stayed in WDW many times when our twins were in cribs. We made it work no matter which resort we stayed in. I don't remember exactly how we laid things out in each different resort, but it seems like one crib always fit near the curtains and the other crib more near the bathroom area. We always made sure to leave a walking path for getting up during the night (lol).

Have lots of fun :) with your twins in Disney. I cherish all of our WDW trips, but our trips when the girls were babies were some of the most precious trips ever!

Thank you! This made me feel a whole lot better.

Was just reading a thread about the Yacht Club rooms really needing a refurb, and that they are really run down. Can anyone ease my mind about this? I would imagine it's just a few rooms that are run down, but I can't picture a "deluxe" resort having major issues. The original poster was mentioning, marker marks on the wall, peeling brass, and wallpaper???

I'm a little late - we were at the Yacht Club in Mid-June and really liked our room. I think it was in much better shape than the Beach Club rooms we had on prior trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter