Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Why, what name do you use? Never occurred to me not to put my actual name, oops.

Well, our group of friends were masquerading as Orange Banded Monkeys, so when we customized our Magic Bands we used the names Abu, Rafiki, Bubbles and Chim Chim. These names appear on the inside of the band. Our "proper" info is still connected to the MB through our My Disney Experience accounts.

On last years trip, my MB read BC Dee, because Beach Club Dee would not fit.

:goodvibes:

Why, what name do you use? Never occurred to me not to put my actual name, oops.

Ours all have our nicknames on them. Mine says "Fritter" because my husband likes to teaze me and call me Grandma Fritter because he says I act much older than my age. His says "Awesome-O". *eye roll* My daughter's says "Snookie", because that is what I've called her since birth, way before the tv show Jersey Shore ever disgraced humanity with it's presence.

We are getting picked up at 11 from the dark dark side, and on our way to he beach club! The rest of the gang is flying down later today. Our rooms still show standard in MDE...which is fine. If all goes well ( let it goooooo let it goooooo) we should not be in the rooms much. :) my dad was asks to be the grandpa in distaster, we are calling him Flash, now! Lol! He is having a great time...that is all that matters!

Well, our group of friends were masquerading as Orange Banded Monkeys, so when we customized our Magic Bands we used the names Abu, Rafiki, Bubbles and Chim Chim. These names appear on the inside of the band. Our "proper" info is still connected to the MB through our My Disney Experience accounts.

On last years trip, my MB read BC Dee, because Beach Club Dee would not fit.

Abu, Rafiki, Simba, Pooh & friends, would be good additions to the Disney app character choices!

For the split stayers and luggage transfers...

I'm moving from the poly to BC. that morning we plan to sleep in a bit. Head over to he BC by über with our own luggage. Then walk over to WS for our ADR at VN. Then back to he BC for pool time. So we have to have our luggage. I don't want to take any chances.

Then to DHS for PM EMH.

We JUST did this same switch last week. We took our stuff from the Poly to BC by taxi so that we could have it, funny thing is that we didn't plan on bell services basically taking our stuff out of the cab and loading it up onto a cart. Then they hold it while you check in. During the time we were checking in (even though I'd already done on-line check in and it was after 4pm) our luggage went off with them to be held, and supposedly to be delivered to our room as soon as we had one assigned to us. I'm not gonna lie, it took about an hour for our luggage to show up after we got the room. I don't know what the secret is to keeping it with you, or getting it in a more timely manner after you get your room number. Maybe it you don't have as much stuff as we did (family of five) you could roll your luggage along with you to check in?

Oops just realized my browser went to last unread and this was from many pages back and you've probably already done this - d'oh!

I hope it's ok to share here, we just got back from spending last weekend at the BC and it was amazing! We spent most of Friday night and all day on Saturday at the pool and it was a wonderful way to finish our trip! My kids spent HOURS playing in the sand. At first we were assigned a room with a very large balcony overlooking the quiet pool, but we have three kids and we really needed the daybed for our 5-year-old. The staff was SO SO nice and quickly sorted it out and assigned us a new room (#4643) with a little balcony (almost identical to one that we have on our house at home lol) with an amazing view of Cresent Lake and the Boardwalk. After coming from the Poly we couldn't get over how much faster the elevators were at BC, and walking into EPCOT was much cooler then I ever expected, has to be the best way to enter any park ever :teeth: We walked over to the Boardwalk Bakery twice while we were there and that was really neat. I've always wanted to go to the Disney Boardwalk but never had the chance. My kids loved the photo booths there!

Anyway, thought I'd share a couple photos from our time at BC!
Amazing view, balcony fits a 10-year-old and a 5-year-old :)

The day bed, Stiched out

Last edited:
I am over 30 pages behind on the thread, but hope to catch up over the weekend. I have work today for the first time in about 2 months. I was supposed to work 3 days when I returned from Yellowstone, but ended up sidelined with pneumonia.

Today is a pot-luck scheduling meeting, so I am going to be eating yummy food AND getting paid!

I am looking forward to getting back to the farm and saying hello to the animals and my awesome coworkers.

Keep the questions and reviews and introductions coming!

Shamelessly checking my updated ticker and looking forward to both visits! We will be staying at BCV in May and look forward to returning but we are still trying to decide on our best request--thinking near main building and pool view. We aren't picky on floors. Does anyone know though--is it true the coffee pots in the studios are only 4 cup pots versus the 8 cup pots at the other DVCs? I need to prepare with appropriate filters. I suppose I can swing by and check when we are there in October (BWV). :)

Our daughter and soon to be son-in-law will soon be honeymooning at BC CL as well. She has had the pleasure in the past but this is their first "on their own" trip without us being the primary planners and in control. They are both looking forward to their stay and I know she has been scouring the boards and trip reports for information. So if you're reading kiddo--:wave:.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and that I have been following this thread and previous incarnations for years--just haven't had a reason to post (or at least not frequently) I guess. :confused3

Shamelessly checking my updated ticker and looking forward to both visits! We will be staying at BCV in May and look forward to returning but we are still trying to decide on our best request--thinking near main building and pool view. We aren't picky on floors. Does anyone know though--is it true the coffee pots in the studios are only 4 cup pots versus the 8 cup pots at the other DVCs? I need to prepare with appropriate filters. I suppose I can swing by and check when we are there in October (BWV). :)

On her trip to BCV this summer, Best Aunt verified that the studios still use a 4-cup drip coffee maker....

Question for all you BC experts! Since we were only there for a weekend and only visited/walked to Epcot during that time, we really didn't get to experience transportation to the other parks. How is the bus transportation to the MK? Where do you stop along the way, about how long does it take to get there, and do you feel like buses run consistently and regularly? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter