Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

11951252_985329881490087_5473365812387968554_n.png

All checking in for the plane ride to WDW! Soon monkeys, SOOOON!

~NM

Hi Everyone,
We are just back from the Beach Club, so I wanted to give you a mini-report about our stay....so jealous of all of you who are still there and going soon! First off, our room was AWESOME!!! We originally booked the magical deal, standard view, for myself, DH, and our two kids (22, and 24). We were upgraded at check-in to a Garden View, and after many trips, it was the BEST ROOM I've EVER STAYED IN at the Beach Club! We have never stayed on the first floor, and when I asked if it had been renovated, I was told that it was just finished the day before and we were the first ones to stay in it. It was more like a suite - two beds, a living room area with a pull-out couch, and 4 sets of huge windows, and a private patio. It was room 1606, and the location was incredible - the first room just past the Marketplace and Sandcastle Club Entrance. There were no long hallways or elevators to deal with. I initially thought it might be noisy, but because the room entrance hallway was so long we never heard anything. Here are the pics:

End of Marketplace hallway and our door:
IMG_4405-M.jpg

Looking down the hallway from our door:
IMG_4406-M.jpg

Looking down the room hallway from our door:
IMG_4417-M.jpg

Looking at our room door, patio on the right, bathroom on the left:
IMG_4412-M.jpg

Bathroom/sink area:
IMG_4413-M.jpg

Closet: this was weird, it ran way back against the wall, but it was hard to get stuff:
IMG_4415-M.jpg

Two beds on the right (my kids lounging right when we checked in!). LOVED the benches at the end of the beds, it gave us so much more room to sit when getting ready, put our suitcases on, etc.:
IMG_4434-M.jpg

IMG_4436-M.jpg

LOVED this area! The couch pulled out to a huge sleeper, which my kids said was very comfortable!
IMG_4422-M.jpg
IMG_4308-M.jpg

I loved having so many windows! It made the room so bright. The window on the right in the above picture faced the villas. The other three banks of windows and the patio/slider faced the walkway from the villas that leads to the Marketplace (where the lattice "tunnel" is). Our patio was the only one on that side. It was nice having the lattice up so no one was able to really see in.
IMG_4420-M.jpg

IMG_4419-M.jpg

We checked out on Wednesday. I would say most of the rooms on the first floor were almost ready - the last day we saw them placing patio furniture, clocks, coffee makers, etc. into the ones closest to Epcot. The renovations are beautiful! We stayed in a new room in March, and they really are bordering on luxurious now. Naturally, we were thrilled to be the first ones in one of those rooms, no one else's dirt, ha ha! We usually stay Club Level or if we don't, we request an upper floor, and I was nervous about how I would like the ground, but I loved it!! Not having to deal with hallways and elevators was a treat after a long day, or if you forget something and need to go back to your room.

Our stay was great, once again. Marie at the front dest was amazing, and made us feel so special. We found the resort to be clean, well maintained, and had great service.
The buses weren't bad at all, we waited once for 15 minutes for MK with a huge crowd, but two buses pulled up together so we were able to get on.
The crowd levels noticeably dropped from Thursday to Monday, wow, what a difference!!
I will be happy to answer any questions you have!:)

Hi Everyone,
We are just back from the Beach Club, so I wanted to give you a mini-report about our stay....so jealous of all of you who are still there and going soon! First off, our room was AWESOME!!! We originally booked the magical deal, standard view, for myself, DH, and our two kids (22, and 24). We were upgraded at check-in to a Garden View, and after many trips, it was the BEST ROOM I've EVER STAYED IN at the Beach Club! We have never stayed on the first floor, and when I asked if it had been renovated, I was told that it was just finished the day before and we were the first ones to stay in it. It was more like a suite - two beds, a living room area with a pull-out couch, and 4 sets of huge windows, and a private patio. It was room 1606, and the location was incredible - the first room just past the Marketplace and Sandcastle Club Entrance. There were no long hallways or elevators to deal with. I initially thought it might be noisy, but because the room entrance hallway was so long we never heard anything. Here are the pics:

IMG_4405-M.jpg

IMG_4406-M.jpg

IMG_4417-M.jpg

IMG_4412-M.jpg

Bathroom/sink area:
IMG_4413-M.jpg

Closet: this was weird, it ran way back against the wall, but it was hard to get stuff:
IMG_4415-M.jpg

Two beds on the right (my kids lounging right when we checked in!). LOVED the benches at the end of the beds, it gave us so much more room to sit when getting ready, put our suitcases on, etc.:
IMG_4434-M.jpg

IMG_4436-M.jpg

LOVED this area! The couch pulled out to a huge sleeper, which my kids said was very comfortable!
IMG_4422-M.jpg
IMG_4308-M.jpg

I loved having so many windows! It made the room so bright. The window on the right in the above picture faced the villas. The other three banks of windows and the patio/slider faced the walkway from the villas that leads to the Marketplace (where the lattice "tunnel" is). Our patio was the only one on that side. It was nice having the lattice up so no one was able to really see in.
IMG_4420-M.jpg

IMG_4419-M.jpg

We checked out on Wednesday. I would say most of the rooms on the first floor were almost ready - the last day we saw them placing patio furniture, clocks, coffee makers, etc. into the ones closest to Epcot. The renovations are beautiful! We stayed in a new room in March, and they really are bordering on luxurious now. Naturally, we were thrilled to be the first ones in one of those rooms, no one else's dirt, ha ha! We usually stay Club Level or if we don't, we request an upper floor, and I was nervous about how I would like the ground, but I loved it!! Not having to deal with hallways and elevators was a treat after a long day, or if you forget something and need to go back to your room.

Our stay was great, once again. Marie at the front dest was amazing, and made us feel so special. We found the resort to be clean, well maintained, and had great service.
The buses weren't bad at all, we waited once for 15 minutes for MK with a huge crowd, but two buses pulled up together so we were able to get on.
The crowd levels noticeably dropped from Thursday to Monday, wow, what a difference!!

Great Report! What an odd shape room, I really like them, really quirky!

Dollar Tree website shows still available with free pick-up at store. You might want to check for your area. I have seen them recently in my area Dollar Tree stores.

http://www.dollartree.com/catalog/a...336370&entityType=product&isAlt=false&index=0\
Clear Plastic Rain Ponchos
SKU# 178162
Product Details
Available Delivery Options (*Learn More)
  • FREE In-Store Pick-Up
  • UPS Delivery
$1.00 per unit
$24.00 per case (24 units)
I tried this before but wasn't sure what the handling fee for less than a case would be -- looks like only $0.60! Thanks!

I just did our SWA check in - B11 - and I didn't buy early bird check in. :cool1: This time tomorrow we'll hopefully be on our way. :)
Nice! I check in in a few hours. Hope I'm as lucky! As a former airtran loyalist I refuse to pay a boarding number when I used to pay less for a seat! Maybe I'll change my mind after this trip -- it's been a loooong time since we've flown SW. There are still at least 8 seats available for our flight so hopefully that bodes well for us.

What a great room! I'm hoping for a 1st floor room for our trip.
Hi Everyone,

IMG_4405-M.jpg

IMG_4406-M.jpg

IMG_4417-M.jpg

IMG_4412-M.jpg

Bathroom/sink area:
IMG_4413-M.jpg

IMG_4415-M.jpg

IMG_4434-M.jpg

IMG_4436-M.jpg

IMG_4422-M.jpg
IMG_4308-M.jpg

IMG_4420-M.jpg

IMG_4419-M.jpg

Hi Everyone,

IMG_4405-M.jpg

IMG_4406-M.jpg

IMG_4417-M.jpg

IMG_4412-M.jpg

Bathroom/sink area:
IMG_4413-M.jpg

IMG_4415-M.jpg

IMG_4434-M.jpg

IMG_4436-M.jpg

IMG_4422-M.jpg
IMG_4308-M.jpg

IMG_4420-M.jpg

IMG_4419-M.jpg

Love! Love! Thank you for sharing.

Same layout as deluxe room, but with garden view. Great space for an adult family!

Hi Everyone,

IMG_4405-M.jpg

IMG_4406-M.jpg

IMG_4417-M.jpg

IMG_4412-M.jpg

Bathroom/sink area:
IMG_4413-M.jpg

IMG_4415-M.jpg

IMG_4434-M.jpg

IMG_4436-M.jpg

IMG_4422-M.jpg
IMG_4308-M.jpg

IMG_4420-M.jpg

IMG_4419-M.jpg

Great room!!! I love the layout; it looks huge! I'd love to be that close to the Marketplace; it makes for a quick trip for drink refills. Thanks for sharing.

I have never used online check-in, but I am seriously considering it for an upcoming stay. There has been conflicting feedback, and I would appreciate some advice from those who have recently used it.
  1. If I made room requests through my TA, do I just not make any room requests when I do online check-in, fearing that my original requests will be ignored?
  2. Since OLCI allows you to advise an arrival time, is there a better chance that your room will be available at time of arrival, even if arriving a couple of hours before normal check-in time?
  3. How much of a problem is it if you want to request a different room (don't care for location assigned, etc)?
Thanks for any input on this. I am seriously thinking of trying it out.

At airport. Bob's call this morning was "want the 2 bad news first or the one good news?" I picked bad first. Bad was (1) hurricane heading our way, (2) computer is broke. Good news: I did grocery shopping and got you lunch meat for work ..so all you need to do on Saturday is bed linens, etc. Can't wait!

I have never used online check-in, but I am seriously considering it for an upcoming stay. There has been conflicting feedback, and I would appreciate some advice from those who have recently used it.
  1. If I made room requests through my TA, do I just not make any room requests when I do online check-in, fearing that my original requests will be ignored?
  2. Since OLCI allows you to advise an arrival time, is there a better chance that your room will be available at time of arrival, even if arriving a couple of hours before normal check-in time?
  3. How much of a problem is it if you want to request a different room (don't care for location assigned, etc)?
Thanks for any input on this. I am seriously thinking of trying it out.

3. At the Online Checkin Desk they can change your room assignment easily. They make a call and subject to availability, it's done :)

3. At the Online Checkin Desk they can change your room assignment easily. They make a call and subject to availability, it's done :)
Thanks for the quick reply; it seems like it's no different than regular check-in, in that respect.

Thanks for the quick reply; it seems like it's no different than regular check-in, in that respect.
Yeah exactly, if you are in the States you get the bands at home and can go direct to your room, then if you don't like it, go see someone.

SW check-in done, A19! This time tomorrow, I will be on the way to Disney.

Watch out Erika, the BC ladies are coming!

11951252_985329881490087_5473365812387968554_n.png

All checking in for the plane ride to WDW! Soon monkeys, SOOOON!

~NM

ALL CHECKED IN!!! SW A23 WOOHOOO!!! Monkeys are coming Monkeys are coming!!! Can't wait... time to iron and pack! Should arrive by 12:30-1... Question is should I pick up my own luggage like Rebecca OR should I use that amazing yellow tag Ninja sent me?!?!?! What to do what to do!!

~N

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter